Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Glad
    • By Glad 18th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    • 17,963Posts
    • 39,915Thanks
    Glad
    Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome
    • 18th Apr 18, 7:10 AM
    Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome 18th Apr 18 at 7:10 AM

Good morning all!

and welcome to a brand new Arms

a place to chill and chat

for everyone

I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
Page 44
    • JIL
    • By JIL 14th Jul 19, 12:40 AM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 24,840 Thanks
    JIL
    Duncan do you have a different bark for who you see in the street?
    I ask as my dogs favourite place is laying on the back of the head part of the sofa and looking out onto the footpath outside.
    I can tell from the barks and noises if it's a person with a bike, a person with an unknown dog, a person with a dog who is a friend, a cat, or a bird.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 14th Jul 19, 6:54 AM
    • 630 Posts
    • 1,443 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Yes I have a number of different barks, mostly I get excited and that sounds different from my angry bark (bikes, scooters, bin lorries) and that is different again from my 'lets play' bark but the one that dad hates is the scared bark where I try to intimidate a dog that I'm actually scared of (small dog syndrome), dad says that if I was just to keep quiet the other dog would probably just ignore me
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jul 19, 8:43 AM
    • 40,365 Posts
    • 89,759 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Good morning all and one. I am returned from a short break oop norf whereupon I visited with my big brother and my non-cousin SiL for a few days.

Our Ellie has different barks for different thing as well, including one if a toy rolls under the sideboard, and another one if one of her food pellets rolls under her food bowl.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 14th Jul 19, 6:48 PM
    • 18,132 Posts
    • 38,855 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Fruity, I suppose that you have an alibi for this then?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-48982140
    Weekly Distance Walked 30km / Total For Year 1046 km
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 14th Jul 19, 11:55 PM
    • 40,365 Posts
    • 89,759 Thanks
    Fruitcake

Originally posted by Sleazy
    That's where my late cousin used to live.

As for my alibi, I was in a bar near the fair city of York at the time yer 'onour, having beer forcibly poured down my throat by my big bruvver whilst two of his mates held me down.
    I don't have a sister.

• savvy
    • By savvy 15th Jul 19, 1:47 PM
    • 30,198 Posts
    • 47,060 Thanks
    savvy

What a nutjob, walking around in that in this heat!!!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 15th Jul 19, 2:52 PM
    • 18,132 Posts
    • 38,855 Thanks
    Sleazy
    What a nutjob, walking around in that in this heat!!!
    Originally posted by savvy
    No wonder he were scratching around his vitals, probably had developed a sweat rash I wouldn't wonder.

I'd like to see 'im when I got me big stick in my hand.
    I'll give him what for!
    Last edited by Sleazy; 15-07-2019 at 2:54 PM.
    Weekly Distance Walked 30km / Total For Year 1046 km
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Jul 19, 8:03 PM
    • 40,365 Posts
    • 89,759 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    No wonder he were scratching around his vitals, probably had developed a sweat rash I wouldn't wonder.

I'd like to see 'im when I got me big stick in my hand.
    I'll give him what for!

Get down here with your stick then a-cause someone is *cough* helping Police with their enquiries.
    I don't have a sister.

• savvy
    • By savvy 21st Jul 19, 2:21 PM
    • 30,198 Posts
    • 47,060 Thanks
    savvy
    Jeez that was a busy week!! Rowing club regatta yesterday and offerred to help out...........don't think I'll do as much next year, am wiped out today!! Hope everyone else is well
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Jul 19, 2:56 PM
    • 40,365 Posts
    • 89,759 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    All of me is fairly well savvy.

It's been a busy week here at Fruitcake Folly as usual. I've been building a new water feature but have taken the day off as MFTE is spending the day with us today.
    I don't have a sister.

• duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 22nd Jul 19, 7:37 AM
    • 630 Posts
    • 1,443 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Nothing much happening around here, I am getting bored waiting for Dad to get back up to speed and I seem to spend a long time sitting at the front gate waiting for him to take me out
    • savvy
    • By savvy 25th Jul 19, 4:58 PM
    • 30,198 Posts
    • 47,060 Thanks
    savvy
    Nothing much happening around here, I am getting bored waiting for Dad to get back up to speed and I seem to spend a long time sitting at the front gate waiting for him to take me out
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    Just as well Duncan, these temps are ridiculous, too many doggies collapsing and dying uneccessarily

We've been having playdates round my house with water play, scent work, treat toys, doggy ice lollies and canine bubbles instead of walking client dogs. It's been brilliant fun and much nicer!
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 26th Jul 19, 7:20 AM
    • 630 Posts
    • 1,443 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    I run away when dad gets the hose out
    He does give me plenty of ice lollies though
    • savvy
    • By savvy 26th Jul 19, 1:36 PM
    • 30,198 Posts
    • 47,060 Thanks
    savvy
    Unbelievable, another case yesterday, have you seen the poor greyhound in London fighting for his life now?

Aww, the girls have just had some more doggy ice lollies
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 27th Jul 19, 6:35 AM
    • 630 Posts
    • 1,443 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Dad seems to be more affected by the heat than me, he was ill with it yesterday and I got fewer walks again
    Rain today though so we'll see how many times I can take him out
    • savvy
    • By savvy 3rd Aug 19, 1:01 PM
    • 30,198 Posts
    • 47,060 Thanks
    savvy
    Dad seems to be more affected by the heat than me, he was ill with it yesterday and I got fewer walks again
    Rain today though so we'll see how many times I can take him out
    He'll get pneumonia then!!

Arrgg having a nightmare at the moment - not helped by spending 5 days trying to get through to Sky
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 4th Aug 19, 7:09 AM
    • 630 Posts
    • 1,443 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Sky is only for football and even though I love watching it at ground level during a live match, Dad refuses to pay to have it on his TV.
    Freeview is king in this house, Dad can get everything that he doesn't watch using that so why pay
    • savvy
    • By savvy 4th Aug 19, 4:14 PM
    • 30,198 Posts
    • 47,060 Thanks
    savvy
    Sky is only for football and even though I love watching it at ground level during a live match, Dad refuses to pay to have it on his TV.
    Freeview is king in this house, Dad can get everything that he doesn't watch using that so why pay
    Yep, now that sons and ex have all gone it's just me, so it's going to be Freeview and possibly NowTV added on for the Entertainment pack. But seriously need to think if it's worth it as I don't get a lot of time to watch TV and forget when things are on that I DO want to watch And then just need to sort BB/phone out too!
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Aug 19, 9:47 AM
    • 40,365 Posts
    • 89,759 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Yep, now that sons and ex have all gone it's just me, so it's going to be Freeview and possibly NowTV added on for the Entertainment pack. But seriously need to think if it's worth it as I don't get a lot of time to watch TV and forget when things are on that I DO want to watch And then just need to sort BB/phone out too!
    Originally posted by savvy
    It sounds like you need one of those digital devices that records programmes you don't want to watch and plays them back when you are out.
    I don't have a sister.

• savvy
    • By savvy 5th Aug 19, 4:49 PM
    • 30,198 Posts
    • 47,060 Thanks
    savvy
    It sounds like you need one of those digital devices that records programmes you don't want to watch and plays them back when you are out.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    You donut!! Ha I will miss not being able to record a programme - but will try and do without for now and see how the finances go
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

118Posts Today

1,580Users online

Martin's Twitter