Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 17th Jan 16, 9:59 AM
    • 61,883Posts
    • 124,626Thanks
    torbrex
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*
    • 17th Jan 16, 9:59 AM
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please* 17th Jan 16 at 9:59 AM
    The old thread can be found here.

Please use this new thread to report any good finds in the Discount stores Aldi & Lidl.
    You can also report any not so good deals as a warning to others.

The Stollen bites and other xmas food was being given away FREE in my local Lidl this morning, plenty left and they want it shifted by next week.
Page 132
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 1st Feb 19, 1:54 PM
    • 1,926 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    paul2louise
    They are fine for the money.
    Originally posted by PLRFD
    Thank u, sounds good, i will pop out tomorrow and get a bottle
    • glensmen
    • By glensmen 2nd Feb 19, 6:17 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    glensmen
    Lidl own brand crumpets (35p for 6) seem to have been replaced by Warburtons (1 for 9).
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 2nd Feb 19, 8:18 PM
    • 1,926 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Yes, Lidl has Hortus in at least 2 other flavours year round.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Lidl has more flavours but most are gin liqueurs only 20% very nice. Aldi has had tho not checked in last week or so, more full strenth gins. I have a clemetine one i bought before Christmas that i havent tried yet but sounds lovely. gingerbread too. Maybe there might be some pink gins for valetines :
    • redfox
    • By redfox 3rd Feb 19, 7:22 AM
    • 14,232 Posts
    • 38,189 Thanks
    redfox
    while it’s easy to wander off-topic, that could stop newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see the forum rule) so please keep this thread on topic. If you’d like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

This thread is for posting about the good or bad buys from Aldi & Lidl. Please just keep it for that and not general chat about other products or stores. Thank you.

Off topic posts have been deleted.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• dlusman
    • By dlusman 3rd Feb 19, 11:00 AM
    • 2,481 Posts
    • 4,949 Thanks
    dlusman
    Lidl own brand crumpets (35p for 6) seem to have been replaced by Warburtons (1 for 9).
    Originally posted by glensmen

Plenty in my local
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 3rd Feb 19, 1:06 PM
    • 13,050 Posts
    • 15,285 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Couple of new products in Lidl (noticed by me) today.

- Large 1kg pack of plain Cous-cous 1.10

- Siverskin pickled onions (the tiny ones) 39p

- Following Aldi's lead, Lidl now have ready meals that are similar to Slimming World (large packs, low calories). These are 1.99, same as Aldi. At the same time, all the frozen ready meals with rice seem to have disappeared.

Also, as suggested above, the flavoured tuna is back at Aldi, with new packaging. Slightly higher price: 85p.
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 04-02-2019 at 8:57 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 4th Feb 19, 10:59 AM
    • 13,050 Posts
    • 15,285 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    It's time for this venerable thread to be closed and regenerated.

Please find the sparkly new thread here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5960153
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,029Posts Today

7,011Users online

Martin's Twitter