Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MyUtopia
    10 Tesco Meal deal for 4.07
    • 19th May 11, 3:50 PM
    10 Tesco Meal deal for 4.07 19th May 11 at 3:50 PM
    Can't see this elsewhere in the forum, so apologies if this is a double post.

Tesco price checker doesn't take into consideration meal deals when comparing prices to ASDA.

The meal deal currently has Turner's Road Chardonnay and Merlot in the offer (Tesco price 9.99, Asda 4.06)

So after you put you're receipt in to the price checker you get you're Main + Side + Desert + Wine for 4.07 (10 - 5.93 voucher)

Here's a step by step guide for any newbies (Thank you to a1cat for this) and thank you to legendmum who has posted this on another post before I posted this (I didn't see it honest)

1. Buy the 10 Finest meal deal http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Produ...x?id=L00000444

2. Make sure the wine you choose is either Turner Rd merlot or chardonnay

3. Check your receipt in store to make sure the meal deal has gone through as 10 - if not, go to Customer Services and claim back double the difference there and then (as you've been charged higher than the shelf price).

4. Submit receipt to Price Check https://www.tescopricecheck.com/Pric...s/Default.aspx

5. Next day (usually by noon) either get an email with your voucher for 5.93 or resubmit to Price Check which will also trigger the same voucher.
    Last edited by MyUtopia; 20-05-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Page 108
  • tek-monkey
    Seems from mysupermarket that the isla negra ones are different, the Tesco ones say reserva on them, the asda ones don't and the bottles look different? Although the Tesco website still only lists 2 desserts and 3 mains (one classed as a dessert!) but in my local there were a few more.
    • MrsBartolozzi
    • By MrsBartolozzi 10th Jun 11, 10:28 AM
    • 6,209 Posts
    • 48,801 Thanks
    MrsBartolozzi

Edit. Also not sure how they fixed the glitch, whether it was just by making Turners n/a or whether it was making everything in the meal deal including the wine n/a if you see what I mean. Maybe worth a shot though.
    Originally posted by sparky1664
    People were posting that Turner Rd came up N/A when bought on it's own too, so they just stopped matching it with Asda rather than "fixing" the problem.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
    • on-the-count-of-three
    • By on-the-count-of-three 10th Jun 11, 11:14 AM
    • 1,464 Posts
    • 1,378 Thanks
    on-the-count-of-three
    People were posting that Turner Rd came up N/A when bought on it's own too, so they just stopped matching it with Asda rather than "fixing" the problem.
    Originally posted by MrsBartolozzi
    Yes, I know, I perhaps wasn't very clear.

In fact I'm pretty sure I'm still not being very clear.....but what I meant was, did they 'fix' the problem by making sure that Turners Road came up as n/a (however it was purchased) or by making sure that anything that is now in the meal deal..including the wine..will now always come up as n/a,... again, however it purchased.

If it's the former, ie: by simply making the Turner Road n/a, then there is a chance the Isla Negra could work. If it's the latter & they've managed to incorporate everything in the meal deal as n/a including the wine...there's no chance of it working.

Yes...& I've noticed too that the bottles look different on the sites, so another potential problem.
  • poet123
    I just bought the Isla Negra as part of the meal deal and have done the price check. I will keep you posted.
    • MILLYMOLLY
    • By MILLYMOLLY 10th Jun 11, 12:43 PM
    • 1,056 Posts
    • 10,632 Thanks
    MILLYMOLLY
    I just bought the Isla Negra as part of the meal deal and have done the price check. I will keep you posted.
    Originally posted by poet123

Thanks was going to try this so will wait and see your results good luck
  • poet123
    Showing as N/A Mysupermarket though so probably won't compare.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Red_Wine/Isla_Negra_Cabernet_Merlot_Chile_750ml.html
    • PotatoPotato
    • By PotatoPotato 22nd Jun 11, 12:46 PM
    • 657 Posts
    • 757 Thanks
    PotatoPotato
    Oh no, i used a difference voucher and the SA realised that i've brought the wrong receipt with it.
    So today was the last day to use it.
    I asked them if it was possible to do a reprint of the receipt cos i've misplaced it and they said they only go back 1 week
    Lost out on the 11.86

P.s: note to self: BE MORE ORGANISED!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,165Posts Today

7,202Users online

Martin's Twitter