Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,339Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers
    • 27th Mar 13, 1:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Questions & Answers 27th Mar 13 at 1:23 PM
    MSE Additional reading:

You might like to read our latest Cashback sites news story: Are you a cashback site loser?

Back to the original post...

Hi everyone,

If you have a question you'd like to ask cashback website Topcashback directly, post your question below and it will try to answer. If you want to discuss other cashback sites then please start a separate thread if there isn't one already.

Please remember referral links are not permitted. If you want to post a referral you can do it on the Topcashback referrals thread.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 27-10-2015 at 8:51 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 230
    • stemcgoo
    • By stemcgoo 14th Aug 19, 11:24 PM
    • 116 Posts
    • 264 Thanks
    stemcgoo
    Let's just put it this way: I'm not going to use TCB for anything new until my 1st transaction tracks. By huge contrast, every single one of my Quidco cashbacks over the last 10 years tracked and paid out without a murmur. The jury's out.
    Originally posted by buglawton
    Why is the Jury Out? As far as I’m concerned the Coroner has pronounced TCB dead, let alone the Judge giving them the Death Penalty...
  • TopCashBack Company Representative
    Hey everyone,

@JPears – It’s not really a coincidence as there is normally a reason and that is down to buying behaviours. When you’re buying a take away you generally know what you’re having and just purchase. When you want a new contract, or perhaps a new oven or other large purchase you tend to want to ensure you are getting the best deal and so hunt around.

That’s certainly good but can also cause issues as every page you load, every search you make can all put things on your device that lead to either causing tracking issues or the money being paid elsewhere.

This is why we do advise members to clear cookies right before using us. I can certainly check on your claims if you email me on mse@topcashback.co.uk

Hey @WIII – As you can see on the post itself, this thread was created in 2013 and we have been happy to communicate with and help members on here since them.

We save our members millions of pounds every month, and I can certainly check on your email thread if you email me using the same email as above (mse@topcashback.co.uk)

@buglawton – While I won't go into who is better than who, what I will say is iof the promise you better tracking, you’re being deceived.

Cashback tracking is not down to which cashback site you use. It’s pretty much the same links but just different identifiers so the tracking network know who should get the commission.

If, you have cookies on your device already (including from a different cashback site) and do not clear these before using our site there’s a high chance of your purchase going untracked.

@stemcgoo – Dead? Going to be totally honest here, I’d be vary wary of any judge that prosecutes a company for giving away literally millions of pounds every month but if you enjoy thinking about us in that way, I certainly can’t stop you.

If you do want me to look at anything feel free to drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

Cheers,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 19th Aug 19, 6:50 PM
    • 714 Posts
    • 1,468 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    You have to laugh when a cashback is shown as “Faster Paying” and when you read the details it says 26 weeks....that’s 6 months...half a year!

My idea of faster paying would be within a month!

That’s my joke for the day.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    Hey everyone,

@mamabuddah - Faster Paying is defined as a retailer who pays for cashback within 14 days of it being marked as confirmed. It doesn't exempt the retailer from a validation period which is the time they need to ensure you keep their product.

This varies by retailer and normally for contracts, this is a few months so they can be sure you keep up with the contract.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Spoonie Turtle
    • By Spoonie Turtle 15th Sep 19, 11:35 AM
    • 48 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Spoonie Turtle
    Is there any reason why my Amazon purchases don't track? And yes, I've checked they're in the qualifying categories.

All my other cashback purchases work fine, but I've just had to submit several claims for missing cashback from Amazon as nothing shows up - the last time it showed up was May (that'll teach me to check my earnings more often!)
    • mamabuddah
    • By mamabuddah 15th Sep 19, 11:47 AM
    • 714 Posts
    • 1,468 Thanks
    mamabuddah
    Good job Matt....confirmed a few days ago...so I look forward to payment within a fortnight....that sounds so much better than having to wait 6 months for a “faster payer”
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    Hey Everyone

@SpoonieTurtle tracking can sometimes be hindered if cookies are not cleared and we would advise to clear these before each click through to purchase and to only click through to make a purchase without browsing. If you don't see a transaction track after seven days from the purchase date please lodge a claim so our team can take a closer look.

@Mamabuddah I'm glad to hear of this changing status and if you are not seeing progress after this time please let our team know and they can take a closer look.

Best wishes

Phil
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,427Posts Today

7,883Users online

Martin's Twitter