Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey everyone,

@JPears – It’s not really a coincidence as there is normally a reason and that is down to buying behaviours. When you’re buying a take away you generally know what you’re having and just purchase. When you want a new contract, or perhaps a new oven or other large purchase you tend to want to ensure you are getting the best deal and so hunt around.

That’s certainly good but can also cause issues as every page you load, every search you make can all put things on your device that lead to either causing tracking issues or the money being paid elsewhere.

This is why we do advise members to clear cookies right before using us. I can certainly check on your claims if you email me on mse@topcashback.co.uk

Hey @WIII – As you can see on the post itself, this thread was created in 2013 and we have been happy to communicate with and help members on here since them.

We save our members millions of pounds every month, and I can certainly check on your email thread if you email me using the same email as above (mse@topcashback.co.uk)

@buglawton – While I won't go into who is better than who, what I will say is iof the promise you better tracking, you’re being deceived.

Cashback tracking is not down to which cashback site you use. It’s pretty much the same links but just different identifiers so the tracking network know who should get the commission.

If, you have cookies on your device already (including from a different cashback site) and do not clear these before using our site there’s a high chance of your purchase going untracked.

@stemcgoo – Dead? Going to be totally honest here, I’d be vary wary of any judge that prosecutes a company for giving away literally millions of pounds every month but if you enjoy thinking about us in that way, I certainly can’t stop you.

If you do want me to look at anything feel free to drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

Cheers,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mamabuddah
    mamabuddah Posts: 826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You have to laugh when a cashback is shown as “Faster Paying” and when you read the details it says 26 weeks....that’s 6 months...half a year!

My idea of faster paying would be within a month!

That’s my joke for the day.
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    Hey everyone,

@mamabuddah - Faster Paying is defined as a retailer who pays for cashback within 14 days of it being marked as confirmed. It doesn't exempt the retailer from a validation period which is the time they need to ensure you keep their product.

This varies by retailer and normally for contracts, this is a few months so they can be sure you keep up with the contract.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Is there any reason why my Amazon purchases don't track? And yes, I've checked they're in the qualifying categories.

All my other cashback purchases work fine, but I've just had to submit several claims for missing cashback from Amazon as nothing shows up - the last time it showed up was May (that'll teach me to check my earnings more often!)
  • Good job Matt....confirmed a few days ago...so I look forward to payment within a fortnight....that sounds so much better than having to wait 6 months for a “faster payer”:beer:
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
    Hey Everyone

@SpoonieTurtle tracking can sometimes be hindered if cookies are not cleared and we would advise to clear these before each click through to purchase and to only click through to make a purchase without browsing. If you don't see a transaction track after seven days from the purchase date please lodge a claim so our team can take a closer look.

@Mamabuddah I'm glad to hear of this changing status and if you are not seeing progress after this time please let our team know and they can take a closer look.

Best wishes

Phil
  • Good morning TCB,

I have emailed this morning re payout failures, as I have evidence from two companies that TCB were the referral company, which is in direct contradiction to your findings. I look forward to your reply.

Mark
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 September 2019 at 11:15AM
    Bought a tv from Currys £100 off if 55" and above via TCB, said it tracked I only used a separate browser only used for TCB. Didn't show up on my account so opened a dispute. Now come back to say they wont pay out. This isn't first time I have had a company renegade on a deal hence why I now only use a separate browser with no addons

I have copy of receipt from Currys

How can they possibly not say this didn't track? I use firefox. When I use TCB I load up MS edge. Login in, click merchant, then pop up says its tracked. Click on item, go and collect in store and pay
  • I have never used any cash back site before as I always thought they were a con, and now I know they are.

I was looking to change Broadband provider and someone suggested NowTV through a cash-back site TCB. So I signed up to Top Cash Back; cleared all cookies and switched off all adblockers and anti trackers, clicked through to NowTV got to the purchase page taking screenshots all the way right up to the page entering all my card details I had the TCB logo top right on the menu strapline. Hit complete, the screen took a while (I assumed checking my card) then refreshed as completed (no TCB logo showing) emails from NowTV confirming service, email from TCB saying I’d clicked on NowTV.

Then absolutely nothing from TCB even my purchase isn’t showing. I’ve raised the issue with NowTV who say TCB is a third party and nothing to do with them. TCB have refused to tell me how to send my screenshots, claim that NowTV does work with them, and their (NowTV) customer services don’t know what they are talking about! I have had to submit a claim as a week later my purchase was still not showing. During the claim process TCB tells you that you are very unlikely to get cash-back, my claim says waiting to be submitted a week after having made it.

TCB is clearly rubbish and a con. This has been disappointing and frustrating and the worst website experience ever. It has actually cost me money as I got the NowTV deal (which I could’ve got from anywhere) as a new customer, and if I cancel before it goes live I would no longer be considered a new customer. I wish I had seen this thread first and would advise everyone to avoid TCB like the plague which I wish I had.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    I've been using TCB for about 10 years, and have received over £2k.

Occasionally, purchases have declined. But it's not a con. I've not lost anything. You pay the same whether you go directly to the retailers website or via a cashback site. Cashback is not 100% guaranteed, and its disappointing when occasionally cashback is not paid. But it's foolish to stop using cashback sites because they don't pay out 100% of the time. This is genuinely free money.

I've also had over £600 from Quidco.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure