Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Storck
    • By Storck 20th Feb 11, 5:12 PM
    • 1,842Posts
    • 2,400Thanks
    Storck
    Tesco Biggest Offer Ever
    • 20th Feb 11, 5:12 PM
    Tesco Biggest Offer Ever 20th Feb 11 at 5:12 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The supermarket giant is promising to pay shoppers double the difference on products that are cheaper at Asda ..."

Back to original post.

Just heard that a week on Monday, 28th February, the biggest ever offer that Tesco have had will be starting.

All managers have been told they have to work after the stores have closed next Sunday but they have not been told yet what the offers are just that they are huge.

Anyone got anymore details.
    Last edited by MSE Guy; 28-02-2011 at 4:38 PM.
Page 46
    • joshtbh
    • By joshtbh 26th Mar 11, 7:36 AM
    • 1,385 Posts
    • 1,631 Thanks
    joshtbh
    What are the best offers to take advantage of lately then folks?

I'm new to this game but love taking Tesco to the cleaners. last time I did this was the R&R days, wonder if any of the old faces are still about.

By the way - is there anything to stop Tesco dynamically changing their prices by the minute/hour to stop you claiming online?
  • sharon47
    Morning All. Went to one of the large tesco yesterday and used voucher on clothes and household goods no problem at all, so seems that as long as the branch sells food goods it won't be a problem, has anyone tried it in a tesco direct please yet?
    • Storck
    • By Storck 27th Mar 11, 9:21 AM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 2,400 Thanks
    Storck
    Not sure spending them on clothes and household is against the terms as they are not listed.
  • sharon47
    Well i am only the customer what do i know ha ha i am not going to tell staff how to do their job am i?
  • cazzieb30
    Not sure spending them on clothes and household is against the terms as they are not listed.
    Originally posted by Storck
    i used my voucher towards clothes without any probs and my mum used hers towards an ipod
  • sharon47
    CassieB30. Did you get your ipod from a tesco direct or a large food store please?
    • robbies_gal
    • By robbies_gal 27th Mar 11, 11:19 AM
    • 7,677 Posts
    • 151,924 Thanks
    robbies_gal
    so has this 20 pound limit come in yet then? i think its funny they hadnt thought of it before people were getting hundreds out of them!
    What goes around-comes around
  • sharon47
    Nothing was said yesterday when i used a £28 voucher and my daughter used a £24 one so guessing it has not as yet
    • Storck
    • By Storck 27th Mar 11, 3:34 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 2,400 Thanks
    Storck
    Think it is just that they are not sending them out for over £20 anymore. If you already have them then you can spend them.
    • robbies_gal
    • By robbies_gal 27th Mar 11, 6:29 PM
    • 7,677 Posts
    • 151,924 Thanks
    robbies_gal
    thanks both-i guess they were going to cotton on sooner or later
    What goes around-comes around
  • cazzieb30
    CassieB30. Did you get your ipod from a tesco direct or a large food store please?
    Originally posted by sharon47
    it was from a tesco extra
    • letmelogon3
    • By letmelogon3 28th Mar 11, 7:01 PM
    • 177 Posts
    • 557 Thanks
    letmelogon3
    No correspondence will be entered into
    Tesco hide behind NEW T&C's
    8. No correspondence will be entered into and no refunds will be given for products not being matched on Price Check.

Having had two tesco gift cards (and two more now in the post) to cover the difference between what my DTD was and should have been due to items being listed as N/A when they should not have been. I called tesco today to let them know that "OLD EL PASO ENCHILADA DINNERKIT 663G" that asda sell was not compared (2 for £3 at asda: OLD EL PASO ENCHILADA DINNERKIT 663G, OLD EL PASO SMK BBQ FAJITA DINNER KIT 500G) my OLD EL PASO SMK BBQ FAJITA DINNER KIT 500G also came up as the wrong price £2.20 instead of £2 So my DTD was £4.68 short.
    But they just repeat T&C Number 8 at me!

They donít care that "Weíll check the price of your comparable grocery shopping versus ASDA and then send you an email when we have your results. Of course weíre confident you will find your shopping cheaper at Tesco, but if not, weíll refund double the difference."

They donít care that "T&C 5. branded grocery products that are identical or very similar own label grocery equivalents are included and compared"

They donít care about their claim "T&C 7. Every attempt is made to match every possible Grocery product"

They donít care that "T&C 10. grocery products that are sold on Asdaís Home Shopping site are included and compared against in the Tesco Price Check."

They donít care that "T&C 12. Where the item is not available for comparison on the Asda Home Shopping site, the product is shown as 'not available' (N/A)."
    hence if it is available for comparison it will NOT be shown as 'not available' (N/A).

They donít care that "T&C 13. All prices obtained for Asda are believed to be correct. On rare occasions however, due to the number of prices being checked, there may be some inaccuracies."

They donít care that "FAQ 2. Does the price guarantee apply to all products? Which products are excluded?
    All comparable grocery products are included. The Tesco Price Team work hard to ensure as many products as possible are included so we can share our Prices with customers but some products cannot be matched due to significant size or quality differences."

They donít care that "FAQ 15. Why would a product not be matched against Asda?
    The main reasons for products not being matched against Asda are: (all examples were correct as of 17/03/2011):
    Tesco has a larger range than Asda, so it's not possible to match everything.
    For example, Tesco sell a 500g, 750g and 1kg pack of Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Asda only sell a 500g and 750g. Therefore if the 1kg product was bought, this would not have been comparable.
    Tesco and Asda may stock the same product but in different sizes, which are not matched
    For example, Tesco sell a 200g pack of cream crackers whereas Asda sell a 300g pack. As the difference in pack size is more than 10% these are not classed as comparable
    Asda stores may stock a product, but it is not listed on the Asda website
    For example, Tesco sell a 250ml and 400ml Dove Nourishing Body Lotion whereas Asda only sell the 250ml variant on their website."

tesco only care about "T&C 8.No correspondence will be entered into and no refunds will be given for products not being matched on Price Check."

Until today I had found tesco customer service much easier to deal with that asda customer service about their price guarantee (Morrisons price data wrong) now they are both like talking to a brick wall.

I'm going to try again in the morning and hope for a better result.

was just giving this a look over before hitting submit when I got a call from tesco research about their customer service helpline 14 minutes of mainly bad things to say about tesco.
    • knack92
    • By knack92 26th Apr 11, 4:09 AM
    • 455 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    knack92
    When using the voucher on a self service machine have people needed their receipt? I now can't find mine! Thanks.
    • knack92
    • By knack92 26th Apr 11, 3:57 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 210 Thanks
    knack92
    Anyone able to help with my question?
    • dobsoncrew
    • By dobsoncrew 26th Apr 11, 4:01 PM
    • 121 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    dobsoncrew
    When using the voucher on a self service machine have people needed their receipt? I now can't find mine! Thanks.
    Originally posted by knack92
    Yes you do
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

493Posts Today

6,436Users online

Martin's Twitter