IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye 130+ days to send Notice to Keeper

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    they will pull out of popla when you submit evidence of lack of pofa , at Popla , they can only go for the driver , by making your "Gettysburg" speech , you are likely to say "I did this , I did that" , which will cancel out there failure of pofa ,
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Hello,

Tried to submit template via their appeals website, came across these 2 options, and couldn’t get past them unless I ticked one.

Tick here to confirm that you were the driver and that the PCN you have received contains the correct information
    Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information

Then looked at their FAQs which quoted
    “We are bound by the British Parking Association’s Code of Practice and registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Utilising The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 when issuing PCNs is optional and we are not required to comply with it. Non-compliance with this legislation in no way affects our ability to issue PCNs and does not in any way affect the validity of the PCN you have received.”

Advice please - trying to get on with it, but stunble at the first hurdle.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver [STRIKE]or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information[/STRIKE]
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    USE THE INCORRECT INFO OPTION (not the driver)

do not mention or tick a box about who was driving, this is the golden rule in 99% of cases
  • Apologies for not updating this thread earlier.
    Managed to submit Appeal Application after reading last 2 advice posts. Received email confirming receipt of application very early February advising that:
    We aim to write back to you within 14 working days, but certainly no more than 35 days after your representation is received.
    Took a couple of weeks out in March, and had house-sitter open all my post.
    To date, have not heard anymore, no email, no letter, no phone call.

What do I do now?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Email the BPA to complain (is this CP Plus, just to clarify?) and while you are about it, complain that the appeals page insists on a keeper choosing 'I was the driver' or 'I was not the driver' which is not allowed and was confirmed in 2013 by the DVLA (in a joint statement with the BPA) to be a serious breach if an appeals process implied a keeper has to say if they were driving or not.

You know the BPA email addy because it's in the NEWBIES thread (post #5? the bit re complaints).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 April 2018 at 1:16PM
    What do I do now?
    Go to the CP Plus website 'Pay my PCN' portal as if to pay the PCN. This will give you the current status of the charge. If it is still showing as 'Live' (unpaid), then follow Coupon-mad's advice re complaining to the BPA.

Please update us when you've tried the website.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Hello Coupon-Mad, thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is CP Plus.

I will complain to BPS about not being updated by CP Plus as they said they would (and quote their statement).

The appeals page will only allow an appeal to go through if you tick one of the 2 options (exact text) -
    Tick here to confirm that you were the driver and that the PCN you have received contains the correct information
    Tick here to confirm that you were not the driver or that the PCN you have received contains incorrect information

So will complain about that as well, quoting the 2013 statement information as you say.

I note that on the Charge Notice, sent to me as I was the registered keeper at that time, has 2 photos of the car, but only the design and text of a generic Parking Sign - not a photo, and it doesn't include an infringement amount - is that an issue?

Thanks again.
  • Will check their website as suggested by UMK0MAAS first ... sorry crossed in the post (as it were).
  • Your PCN has been cancelled

Thanks everyone ...

But can I still complain to BPS?
    Can I do more to highlight anything else, so others can see?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure