PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That's a huge pudding lol:)

If you like creme carmel you should try this https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/261048135
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,194 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    meg72 wrote: »
    Also had to change password, why? wish t hey would leave things alone. TV also giving me the evil eye, some channels have been changed, follow instructions, would if I could find them lol .

Had a senior moment and tipped the carefully strained chicken stock back into electric pressure cooker without the inner pot, big clean up and now error messages from said appliance.

My all singing and dancing, expensive lol, sewing machine is having a hickey fit, my lovely yoghurt maker decided to take a holiday and didn't yog.

Cant decide if I should, if its still possible, just to forget modern stuff and haunt the car boots for reliable, lol ,old stuff or let them cart me off to a care home.

Oh and I also cant find where I stored photos so I can post on here, you were kind enough to advise some time ago.

Anyway just wanted to ask how much is the beef on offer from lydl next Thursday.

Sounds like the machines are out to get you, what a bummer

I'm having problems this morning on Internet banking, both sites I've tried are sloooow, and have notes about "upgrades" tomorrow, more improvements to confuse the already confused I expect

Anyway, to answer two questions, image posting is

https://postimages.org/ and follow instructions

Lild beef offer from Thursday 15th, "British beef lean diced steak" 400 grammes, £2.19, normal price 2.59

Frosty morning, but now turned to cold rain, CBA to go out in it, nothing needed urgently so could be binge watching summat later

Breakfast was pot of loose leaf tea because I had time, followed by HM yoghurt with honey, my maker still yogs, but it was a new at Christmas so it blooming well should

Lunch will be the final 1/8 of the C & O pie, with piccalilli

Dinner is planned as a grilled gammon steak, with frozen chips, omelette using OOD eggs, grilled wizened tomatoes and grilled "not quite wrinkly but soon will be" mushrooms. Sounds a gourmet MSE feast:D
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My loose menu plan for this week (no doubt will vary a bit..:o)
    Tonight: gammon & pineapple, corn cobette, baked tomato and baked spud
    Sun: roast beef & gravy, green beans, sprouts, potato & mushroom gratin
    Mon: either beef stew & dumpling or chilli or curry (something with stewing steak anyway;))
    Tues: Savoury pancakes (if I CBA to make them) filling tbc
    Weds: SC vension sausages with lentils & root veg
    Thurs: spinach & ricotta lasagne
    Fri: mince round, gravy, peas & corn, oven chips

I was hoping not to get a shop until Thursday but can't see me lasting that long - my last grocery shop was 3/2 so I'm running short of some staples so it will probably be Tues/Weds.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I cooked the pie, mash, carrots, peas ... made up some gravy.... and I've already eaten it :)

Bit of washing up to do, but it's all in soak and it's not much, just one measuring jug, one mug, one takeaway box, one tiny plastic pot ... and my plate/fork.

That's the last of the spuds all gone ... I've a couple of portions frozen in the freezer still, but all three 2.5Kg bags of spuds I bought in December have been cooked/eaten.

In a bit ..... that dessert's coming out! Guaranteed.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    PN- the dessert looks good! My house contents are getting less and less , after I kondoed it I realise I like having fewer possessions , I can't stand it now if things aren't where they should be!!
    I've been to recycling bin outside 4 times already today! :rotfl:

I've just had cheese salad sandwich, cant say I enjoyed it though.
    I've got salmon fillet with sprouts cauli, and carrot with the parmesan mash . If the mash is still edible I took it out of freezer on Thurs? ?!

Tonight I've invited 2 of my sisters and my brother plus their oh ,round for a drink, so I've bought some big bags of crisp. :beer:
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • My "house" is actually a modern-ish (built 2008) 2-bed flat on the middle of 3 floors. As you enter, there's the bathroom on the right, single bedroom next, and then the master bed on the end. On the left is the kitchen and then living room.
    The second bedroom is basically a junk room. I didn't bother getting a bed to go in there, as I rarely ever have a guest to sleep round, and I need the space in the room more than I need the bed IYSWIM.

Last summer I kondo'd pretty much the entire flat... This summer coming I will be brutal again and get rid of everything else that didn't get touched in the last year. There's stuff, particularly in the second bedroom, that I wasn't quite ready to throw last year, which will definitely be going this year!

On another topic, food for me this week is going to be flexible! It's half-term (I'm a school teacher), so meals get a bit "as and when". I'll also be away Tuesday-Thursday, so won't need meals then. I thought beyond that, I'll live on what I already have (a bulging storecupboard and freezer!) and stay out of the supermarket now until at least next weekend.
    Because it's fun to have money!
    £0/£70 August GC
    £68.35/£70 July GC
    January-June 2019 = £356.94/£420
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I too live a cluttered life. I'm untidy and always have been.

But PN I am just a little bit worried that you might be sliding into hoarding.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,194 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Spur of the moment after lunch, used the "fed up with looking at them" apples that have been lurking since I scrumped them last October. Washed & stewed, skin & all.

Then remembered the blackberries I froze in the summer, chucked them in the stewed apple

Found pack of OOD crumble topping mix [07/17]

Looks like pud will be memories of summer of 2017, with either instant custard or Greek Yoghurt
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm in a don't really feel like cooking mood today so am having an easy day.

Breakast was a Greek yoghurt and a slice of toast and lunch was a tuna mayo sandwich, so nice and easy.

I've got a portion of beef goulash out of the freezer for dinner, and some mash to go with it. At least that gets something out of the freezer.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    My house is a modernish (1964) terrace, two large bedrooms and one smaller one. Loo and bathroom are up some very steep stairs, which give me an enormous hallway. This has its uses as it enables me to keep my adult's trike indoors.
    It's a townhouse, which means a large flowerbed at the east-facing front, and a small patio with flowerbed at the west-facing back.
    My attic is empty, as it's too dangerous for me to access it, living on my own. Stuff that would be in the attic ( suitcases, etc) is in the two bedrooms not in use.
    I would love a two or one bed bungalow with secure covered storage for my trike, but they don't exist for purchase in my locality, though there are plenty of housing association properties of this description.

Back on topic. Yesterday I had a CBA meal of roast sausages and roast tinned potatoes with a lovely thick gravy. I buy tinned potatoes a lot, and never ever eat them as they come out of the tin, (vile), but always in things. They are great sliced for hotpots, roasted, or in the food processor with cooked fish of some description for fish cakes.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback