PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 Enjoying waking up alarm clock free, grilled bacon with tomatoes as brekkie.
    2 Remembered to put in repeat prescription before it falls due on boxing day, DF’s care bills paid.
    3 Washed all the floors and mirrors.
    4 Lunch was last night’s rtc chicken, cider and potato thing.
    5 Made DF’s present, diabetic non-lumpy chocolate brownies for him and for us the same but with lumps in.
    6 Washing loads done one of ours one of the animals.
    7 Snaffled more reductions, which safely ensconced in the freezer, it’s nice to have some different bits and pieces in the kitchen making it feel festive, I think that’s the shop done now, barring the cream which had too short a date on them. DH came with me as it was a bit much we did our Christmas shop, Dads Christmas shop and a few lovely reductions. DH has just made up the stuffing to freeze as it was reduced, however he’s made loads as I never make it.
  • bagpuss38
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures

1. Relaxing day at work, nice chats with visitors to the office.
    2. Nearly all x mas parcels have arrived, let the wrapping commence.
    3. Meeting bestie after work and yacking all the way to tv studios.
    4. Watched the recording of a new tv show about bad singers and man they were bad.
    5. Warm cuppa when I got home and my jammies.

Night all xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Bagpuss - the personal presents you remember are for when we did Sinter Klaas nights on (or close to) 6th December. We didn't do one this year as my sister and brother in law were too busy.

Just waiting for my dad's present to come through the post now (well, part of it). He wanted some new socks, which doesn't sound very challenging at all. His feet are size 13, very wide and he has heart failure so has swollen ankles. It seems you cannot have wide topped socks (made for people with diabetes and various other problems) and yet be an enormous 6 foot 4 man! I had to order them specially.

Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Last early wake up until January! So dark just after 7am but I shan't have to see that for a while. :-)

2) Smaller son had a good morning at school and was back by 1pm.

3) General tidying up and laundry continued.

4) Jacket potatoes and tuna for lunch (left over from tea yesterday). Smaller son was still hungry after that so had a bowl of tomato soup and toast also.

5) Swept and tidied the garden and put the lights up properly around the front door.

6) Hens well and I took them a saucepan full of porridge.

7) Went into town to see my school friend and she has invited me round to her house on Boxing Day!

8) Smaller son went to see Star Wars with his friend.

9) AND..... we had given up entirely on bigger son's apprenticeship. He had the college interview but they said he really needed to have completed the qualification he is studying towards at the moment. Anyway, the college phoned today and he has an interview with the business owner in January! He is only interviewing 4 people. He's very chuffed.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Silly o'clock here but wide awake on sofa with a dog on my legs.

Said dog had another trip to vets having eaten cherries. Pips and all. The pups are poisonous. I'm not usually such an irresponsible dog owner! There's a tale behind it of a kitten just turning up in our driveway & shutting dog in kitchen & having just taken arty farty photos of cherries so they were out on worktop.. Straight to vets. Made to vomit. ( me too almost....at another vet bill)

He had been settled but had wanted out at 2am so I thought we'd both just stay downstairs...he's sound asleep and I'm not!

Pleasures?

Nice dog walk with his ladies in the morning.

hoovered, polished, ironed, cleaned bathrooms. Shined halo.

Phoned a friend in Melbourne.

DD2 had friends over for tea. Nice to see girls here. I've known them since they were little.

Caught up with a friend at a funeral. Nice to see her.

Much milder.

Vets...oh it will be lovely to see Haggis again. He's such a lovely dog! Aye, isn't he just!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Peeps,

A collection of random pleasures, as I have been tooooooo tired to post.......

1. Little presents from kids at school. It means a lot to me.

2. Secret Santa fun present exchange!

3. Successful coupon shopping in Mr A and Mr T. Ticking off the festive food and present lists.

4. DD thinking of joining a friend in Philippines for Xmas. I Spent hours looking for flights. Then plans changed as BF got upset about her going. :mad: At least it has got them talking....

5. Wrapped a few presents.

Running out of week to do all the things I need to do before school finishes.........help! Would like to stay late on Friday when everyone else has gone, but it is the site managers Xmas too, and he will want to lock up :( Can I take the photocopier home? Should I shave asked Santa for a photocopier?.......

Have a lovely day :)
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh dear, Mhags, Naughty Haggis

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Good train journeys - had breakfast and it was a 2 egg on hash brown day so even better
    2. OH and i went to dads to meet the funeral celebrant with siblings. good job i was there as I seem to be the only one who knows anything about his life. We are a little bit of a strangely blended family and dad could be quite a character and not a little of a grumpy old s0d at times. Celebrant kept going all hearts and flowers "was your mother the love of his life" cue nervous laughter "errrr, welll she probably was but he'd never have said it". "Did he treat step children as if they were his own?" "errrr, well, some of us (me - but he wasn't so well behaved towards my brothers)". Anyway we were laughing over some of the old stories and i have written a poem to capture the good bits of what dad was like...
    3. During the last few years dad had to live in the dining room as he couldn't make the stairs. Brother has cleared it all and turned it back into the dining room. Was dreading going back but it was ok - all the medical stuff has gone. I made my sister go and look and she didn't want to, but i held her hand and said she must, that it was OK. She was glad she did
    4. OH and i did a short walk by the sea. The light and the subsequent sunset was absolutely stunning
    5. When we got back I watched a film about Morrissey with DS that DS had bought me for my birthday,

Off to London to meet supervisor today and some last minute christmas shopping in Oxford street - that's OXFORD STREET just before christmas :eek: wish me luck..
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Really Haggis, really.....
    Well done that eldest Frith son!

Tuesday pleasures,

House to myself so present wrapping completed in peace!

Lunch out with DSIL, lots of giggles and ' do you remember's ' we even had a drink brought for us by a fella in the pub, as the designated, mine was a soda and lime but get us :rotfl:

Popped into yard on way home so Lulu cuddles, her 'spot' is high up on her withers , scratch that and the bottom lip comes out & the eyes close.

Declared a non tv evening so several games of Yahtzee.

Plain choc Florentines for supper.
  • Poor Haggis, perhaps the solution to his 'trying new foods' would be to keep all the food outside it and keep Haggis in the Larder Cupboard???
  • 5 last Christmas I gave you my fart, but you took it a weigh and left me to. Could be a song about that! As you know that BoP is in trim for christmas, tonight his beach ready body is on show at the gym.
    And with the two birds on buck of face today! Apt!

4 Mill fires have started to be damped down for the break.

3 As for keeping inn trim this time of year, yous all want to know what is inn BoP’s Munch box today! We has the usual salad, good for the sole! The last few cakes of Jaffa, as they are now sold in packs of ten and please avoid! A digestive biscuit, proper version! Usual cheese, Lincolnshire Poacher, please avoid if you are female as it is made from raw milk and not the homogenised carp filtered inn the emporium, so it could make you vulnerable to nasties! And as it is christmas weak, some white chocolate! A decent chunk as well! But not enough to share!

2 So after the visit to the quack on Monday, and still going strong without any chance of the preventable type 2 diabetes, they has not rung back saying that I am lucky to still be around on biosphere 1. Proper foods causing BoP to be trim, see beach ready appearances above!

End of todays story in the life of BoP!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Last night a half price sale came up on a dress I’d been looking at all summer was not quite so expensive anymore, with half price and free returns it’s been ordered to try. We are hoping for a thermos in the sales also.

1 Started the family visits, travelled to DF’s with all his Christmas shopping and gifts, and left DB’s over there for him. Also dropped off to a family friend, and made visit plans for the outlaws for tomorrow and Boxing Day.

2 We travelled during the day and were able to miss the worst of the rush hour I hope.

3 All food today is courtesy of various reductions, croissants for brekkie, chicken ham and nut coleslaw for lunch, nice to be different.

4 Our local cinema has announced half price tickets each Weds, which sounds interesting to know.

5 I forgot to use a Mr T voucher, rather than lose it they kindly put the balance on a gift card.

6 Home and batch cooked up the rtc mince, we had some for dinner, some will be wraps tomorrow, and the rest will be lasagnes.

7 Just went through the office and did an hour filing and tidying to bring it all up to date, with the help of the animals, oh and a bin.

8 About to marzipan the Christmas cake, saving the excess to make decorations for it.

9 I’ve got an interview 1st week in January for an interesting bit of work.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback