NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone.

Friday - Meal out I was paying but it was lovely. Abundant shout at me now, hooked up with ex boyfriend few weeks ago and it was his birthday. Way I look at it he is easy going, don't see too much of him and better than what I have seen on dating sites, plus I know safe with him. Not a long term prospect but it gets me out of the cave.

Saturday
    . Took gs out with chicken pox as he wanted to go out. Spots truly horrid really upset seeing him like that. Wore a tracksuit and put his hood up. aww Little walk along beach.
    Did spend local event on so spent 5 pounds in total. He got a new yoyo.

Sunday managed a SFD stayed in except beach walk late afternoon.

Today major spending - car repairs. Been having problems for over a year now with my handbrake assumed be okay as passed MOT fine. After listening to Jeremy Vine chatting about lady who got killed by her own car I thought get it checked out. Basically 3 out 4 cables are shredded to pieces, added to that I want new brake shoes. So probably looking at 300 pounds. I know should save towards these things usually do but have dipped in a lot lately. My car is 13 years old I have have it all this time, still fairly low mileage and only usually pay tyres and mot in a yr. So just have to be extra frugal this month. Loving lentil soup:D
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hello everyone.
    I am back from my weekend away with family.
    I managed one NSD the first night, bought me and bf icecreams Saturday. Yesterday was spent in the amusements, £2 on bowling, £2 on air hockey, £5 on crazy golf[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif], £8.40 on a round of teas & coffees and £4 towards the bbq kitty.
    I would have claimed another NSD today, if it wasn't for the £2.50 car parking we had to pay for when we met with everyone for breakfast to say goodbye.
    Totals up to a tiny £33.40 of my budgeted £100, mainly thanks to bf treating me to the rest (dinners etc) in return for me funding most of last years get-to-gether.
    As the unused cash wasn't budgeted for anything else, I have moved £60 surplus into my savings pot.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]NSD's 2/20[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]3 exercise sessions a week Very tired from our drive back (and recovering from a weekend of too much food and drink) so will start this tomorrow.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extra fitness session 10,000 daily goal. Friday was a respectable 7700, which wasn't bad considering I was mainly sat in a car driving to our holiday destination. Saturday was an overachievement of 15,500 steps, down to a game of badminton and a stroll along the beach. Yesterday was 8200 thanks to a game of crazy golf and a trip to the arcades. Today will be very low, its only on 3000, and I don't plan on moving off the sofa much. Recuperating ready for work tomorrow. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    Plan your outings Pleased with my cheap weekend away. The only other thing I have planned this month is my 'friendaversary' with my besty. We've known each other for 20 years, and like to have a little celebration on the anniversary of our meeting. This will most likely be a gentle walk somewhere where we can have a good gossip.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Reject consumerism Now that the weekend is out the way, I pledge to not cross the threshold of any shop, eatery or cafe unless it's a necessity. [/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Set my budgets in stone, any me things will have to come out of my food budget. Away couple of nights end of the month and need to pay hotel yet hence 300 pounds that's to include spends as well.

Been in agony with me back most day, seems to be clearing up a bit now, just wish weather would. Having to stay in work longer as my car isn't ready yet - so will claim extra hours back later in week for more exercise.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi guys
    I've not got off to a very good start.
    I needed milk yesterday and succumbed to buying sweets and a cake yesterday and today needed biscuits cos we have visitors coming tomorrow, so spent £2.99 yesterday and £3 today on rubbish.
    On the up side Tesco shop ordered and coming Wednesday ( also took the flexible time slot so only £1)
    Exercise not going well. I really do need to get motivated.
    Well done on all the NSDs guys. Keep well everyone.
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Evening all :wave:
    Just a quick check in from me to report 2 more nsd's yesterday and today. Just have to take ds to swimming, but I'm going to leave my purse behind.
    Doing ok on the daily steps front - less so on other exercise, but I am managing to eat reasonably well. June is my worst month of the year time wise because I'm so busy exam marking on top of everything else that my already busy life just gets a bit ridiculous...
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Sad day today. A treasured cousin passed away this morning. She provided me with massive support when I was going through a difficult time in my life. Not unexpected as she had been ill for some time. C, I and my other lovely cousin want to go to the funeral but it's going to be difficult logistically because of where she lives even if we stay overnight but we'll manage.
    On a more positive note replacing the heating system is not going to be quite as disruptive as we thought and they will give us quite a bit of notice so we can prepare before they begin. Also my lovely neighbour has offered to take up the little bit of laminate flooring,
    On the plus side a NSD.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss Toni'sfriend

It's only Monday and I'm tired already! Today has been a NSD so I'm happy that I have had so few spends so far. Now at 3/15.

20 minute walk to and from work - even in the rain. Usually I'd be lazy and catch the tram but not today. I'm taking this as a victory for the wallet and the waistline. I really want this month to be a good, positive one and keep on track with the budget/spends.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Whoop! NSD managed today :j

Budget spending so far this month now looks like this:
    Personal care £32
    Gifts £1.50
    Toiletries & Cleaning £11.94
    Groceries: £70.06
    Medical: £4.75
    Travel (parking) £6
    Food at uni days: £10 School/ activities: £42 (Y6 Leavers)
    G-Pigs: £7.26

Manky weather all day here :( - still, at least it means that I don't have to water all the garden pots and baskets! :T
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks apple for the challenge.

Sorry I'm late posting my goals:

NSD’s – I am going to aim for 15

Debts - My aim is to pay £3k off this year so need to work out how much per month I need to pay and then just do it.

Budgets – Food is £350, Petrol - £120, Bills - £980, Household - £40, Animals - £200. Misc spends - £30 (need to sort my budget out and get stricter- she says after she agreed to buy a 2nd hand ride on mower!!)

Exercise – WHHHAAATTTT??? Does dog walking count or not???

Plan – I have 2 nights out planned so far but will need to arrange with my bestie to meet up plus need my eyebrows done.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Have managed 2 NSD's since 1st of month - today is not a NSD as organised a cream tea at work and had to get strawberries and clotted cream. Will also be buying DH's fathers day cards and presents later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure