NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for dh 'mending' the outside light at mum's (turns out it wasn't wired in!), for dd entertaining herself, for sorting out the cupboard under the sink, for a yummy first raspberry, for finishing 3/17 bunnies, for an easy tea using up bits and bobs, for living in an area with lots of children who like to play outside, for the buttons for big sis' cardi, for having the means to stand back and ponder things and make decisions/changes.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today I am grateful for:

Living in Cardiff and having the UEFA championship take place here today, which is nice for the city, but very crucially I am grateful for not needing to have gone into town today and thus didn't have to deal with the crowds.

A lovely white knight of an OH who will always step right up to rescue me, even if I'm like 'I'll fix it myself...'

Getting up early and having a lovely long day.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fell asleep really early last night so have been up for ages, thankfully feel slightly better.

Yesterday was a spend day - OH needed milk and I decided I needed icecream to help my sore throat. Today should hopefully be a NSD.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lots of sadness and grief out there.

Be kind to yourselves, turtles, and to those you come into contact with this week x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    More sad news to wake up to this morning. Love and hugs to those that need it and as apple says - kindness goes a long way.
    Bagged my first nsd of the month yesterday - still mostly busy with exam marking. Another busy day on today - just me and the kids as dh is out for the day.
    Very little else to report... just plodding on.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks FlorenceJ.

More gratitude today:

1) I finished the race in under 1hr. (My friend could easily have done sub-55 but refused to go on. It was too hot again.

2) NSD. Again due to friend. Although it was her turn.

3) YS M&S Strawberries 400g for £1. We ate half watching an impromptu ceilidh in front of Kelvingrove Art gallery, and I brought the rest home for breakfast.

My thoughts are with London. Another mindless act of violence.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Awful news - we watched it unfold on tv last night and stayed up until the early hours watching it/ talking about it. Very tired today as a result (that's not meant to be a moan) and all out of sorts, not just from the tiredness.

No NSDs managed as yet.
    Budget spending so far this month now looks like this:
    Personal care £32
    Gifts £1.50
    Toiletries & Cleaning £11.94
    Groceries: £77.32
    Medical: £4.75
    Travel (parking) £6
    Food at uni days: £10 (separate category as 6 uni visits being made in June!)
    School/ activities: £42 (Y6 Leavers)

Bit of a rubbish start but busy work this week will mean little opportunity to spend much money for a few days. Was planning a Zumba session today but sciatica is playing up a bit so that's not going to happen :( Food in should see us through (poss exception being milk) until weekend and am picking around half a kilo of strawbs every day from the garden, along with salad leaves and my mum said she has some HG salad potatoes for me and HG cabbages for the gpigs - all helps :D

Well done on doing the race FBO:T

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    As others have already alluded to, this seems somewhat insignificant in comparison to the events in London overnight :(

Today hasn't been a NSD but has been a healthy day, and yesterday ended up being a healthy day after all so I'm happy with that.

Exercise-wise, went for a walk this morning and then went riding on my share horse this afternoon, so I've hit the 3 exercise sessions for this week already :beer:

Today I'm grateful for being safe, and also for having a fab share horse which has really built my confidence and also helped my mental health :)

Enjoy the rest of your Sundays everyone.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did 1 hour walking today whilst doing chores and 1 hour on the exercise bike.

I was determined to do 1 hour walking and as a result ended up doing two loops round my block to make up the time. It was nice because earlier today I had watched the bbc show about the anniversary of the album sgt peppers, and someone on my neighbouring street was playing it (loudly)

I am counting today as a NSD, even though I bought toilet roll, because it was on my Mr M shop yesterday, which to save money I had arranged to come at 10.30pm, and they couldn't supply me with the toilet paper I ordered and didn't offer a substitution for some reason. So it sort of forced my hand a little today.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sad news indeed and I'm sure all our thoughts are with all of those affected over the last few weeks. As Apple says let's show kindness to one another. There are more good people out there than bad.
    Just back from a lovely afternoon at the "not a baby shower". Great company and a lovely meal. My cousin's very generous husband and proud grandfather to be paid for everything so I managed an unexpected NSD.
    Hugs to everyone.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure