Ladies Advent calendars

Comments

• just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Believe it or not Aldi have a beauty calender coming in on Sunday, there expecting it to sell quickly according to there blurb in brochure as it's already creating a buzz in beauty circles.

Priced at £19.99 with a luxury beauty treatment every 6 days.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Clarins one looks amazing but obviously expensive. I had Benefit one last year, don't think I'd buy again.
    ally.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I must be doing something right to be emailed so many luxuary beauty calendar! I've had the You advent calendar which was around £70 if I remember, the Jo Malone which was nearly £300 and know from past experience that both Selfridges and I think Harrods will launch something soon but neither hit far below the £100 mark.

I never buy any of them. I just like to see what's around, I know they state they are worth £xxx amount but that's if you were interested in every single product in the box and I rarely am- even if I could afford them!

I also wanted to add that last year my niece was bought a Yankee candle calendar. She liked the fact that there was a new candle every day (she was 11) and if she shoved her nose a mm away from it she could just about smell something but fact is, when we lit a handful of them in a small room no one could detect any sort of a scent, it would have been a cute calendar if it had lived up to what it was supposed to do but I ended up feeling sorry for my niece who really deserved better than this.
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,294 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Believe it or not Aldi have a beauty calender coming in on Sunday, there expecting it to sell quickly according to there blurb in brochure as it's already creating a buzz in beauty circles.

Priced at £19.99 with a luxury beauty treatment every 6 days.

This one I will give a miss - not sure of Aldi brands
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,294 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    I have not bought one of these calendars yet and my thrifty way of thinking will probably prevent me - I nearly bought the L'Occitane one last weekend - but it contained two items I would not use.
    This is for a treat for myself - just like children have but with chocolates in - do not want to have one of those or a candle one as I do not like candles .
    So a beauty product one would suit me and if I wish to treat myself , then I will do.
    Keep the comments coming on any calendars you have tried or have opinions on.

Thank you
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• helcat26
    helcat26 Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I actually posted to support the idea that there was nothing wrong in you having an advent calendar if you wanted one, and mentioned my liking Halloween to say each to their own.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    This is a pretty comprehensive overview of the beauty ones that are coming out:

http://theldndiaries.com/the-best-advent-calendars-for-2016/

I'm still deciding :) I've ruled out the really expensive ones, then candle ones, and a couple (e.g. You Beauty) where I won't use too many of the contents. Still investigating a few others!
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    fixx wrote: »
    This is a pretty comprehensive overview of the beauty ones that are coming out:

http://theldndiaries.com/the-best-advent-calendars-for-2016/

I'm still deciding :) I've ruled out the really expensive ones, then candle ones, and a couple (e.g. You Beauty) where I won't use too many of the contents. Still investigating a few others!

Wow! I had no idea there were so many! The Bomb Cosmetics one is cute and not too expensive. If I didn't have a soap stash I'd be tempted as those soap minis would be great for weekends away.
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I just picked up the Aldi one today - I think some people will be disappointed by it, and it's not as good value as many others out there.

I bought it after reading the listing on the back though, and it's perfect for me right now - it contains multiple mini facial serums (most repeated several times) and some face cream. Given facial serum is the one thing I'm really short of right now, it was perfect. Otherwise I'm not sure I'd recommend it.
  • FairyShazza
    FairyShazza Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    I'm considering treating myself to the Sanctuary Spa one as I love their products and it looks like you get a good selection of different items when I looked at the Boots Christmas Gift Guide plus it is isn't that expensive.
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family