Back in debt but not out

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm so sorry about your accident yesterday, I can't imagine how shaken you must have felt. I'm glad the girl was OK, & really hope the consequences re insurance are not too terrible.

Well done for focusing on today being another day.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    omg so sorry to hear what happened!! Least the girl is alive and no lasting injuries so do not punish yourself so hard! As easy as it sounds ok <3 xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • I hope things are going well, purplemo2 xxx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    how are you xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • Morning,

What a week, this one has been and one that I'll be happy not to repeat any time soon.

Spoke to the police on Thursday as they kindly returned my call. The lass has a cut on her shin and one on her head but nothing that'll be long lasting and she was in good spirits when the police left her at the hospital, so that has eased me a bit.

He also said it'll be 28 days before I hear what'll happen to me. Looking on the Internet, the worst is that I lose my license. I'm hoping that as I've never had a blemish on it that they'll be a bit restrained and take it that it was just an accident. But we'll see, no point worrying, I've just got to get on with it and deal with it as it happens and learn from it.

So the other things that've happened this week:

Managed to not buy my lunch this week :)
    I've not gone over my weekly allowance
    Saved money on parking due to the train strike
    Up to NSD 6
    DD got accepted to a new junior school

Things to do today:
    Washing
    Sign paperwork for the mortgage
    Do finances

Finances wise - we've got a few things to update on the spreadsheet, various monthly costs are increasing due to the move. I'm also going through the statement for November to see where we are wasting money, on paper we should be able to save my salary every month but obviously we don't/can't so I think a total overhaul is a good way.
  • GULP!!!!!

I've just gone over the statement for November. Figured it's the closest one that'll reflect everything better.

I've added everything up and it's not good reading.

We need to budget properly again or we'll never get out of this mess.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Don't be too hard on yourself though, what with all the house buying stuff going on, you've had a lot on your plate. It does take time and focus this DWW stuff doesn't it. You are brilliant at it when you do have the time.

I'm glad the girl was ok too. And really hope you won't have harsh consequences to deal with.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Thanks Bob for your kindness.

Mortgage paperwork signed and sorted, should hear next week or two if alls ok.

DH spoke to his sister tonight & told her what happened, she's said not to worry, going to talk to my mum tomorrow so she knows. Step dad is an ex-copper, but he's lovely and will no doubt tell me what to expect.

Where's my rock??
  • Morning,

Hope everyone is ok today? It's raining here, so hopefully there'll be no more snow.

Got lots to do today and need to regain my focus for next week.

Hubby is going to try & keep track of his spending next week, I said that I do it for him as I'm going to do mine. Any receipts he can't claim back, he's giving to me at the end of the day, at the end of the week I'll tally it up.

Plan for today looks like this:
    Finish washing
    Ironing
    Food shopping
    Lunch for tomorrow
    Dinner
    Washing up

I also need to fix my baby doll, I've had him since I was 7 and he's been up in the loft here for the past 16 years. He has a few holes (soft body) and his plastic bits need a wash. He can then be put away again.
  • Morning,

Hope everyone is ok today? New week, new start :)

Had a good chat with my stepdad last night, I have some idea now of what to expect and what I need to do before the 28 days is up.

Back to work today, aiming for a NSW this week.

We have DS's parents evening tonight, so not sure what dinner will be tonight.

Have a great day and I'll try to update later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure