Fineco Bank multicurrencies account

Comments

• superM
    superM Posts: 350 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is it safe to put money in an Italian bank? I don't there would be any protection from UK.
  • N1ckS
    N1ckS Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cheers, what happens if the call is missed?

You can just call their customer services and mention that you missed the call regarding the email. :)
  • jbryce
    jbryce Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It took me two weeks to get the account up and running.

I applied on 25th March (a Sunday). I got the details to log into the account on 27th.
    I applied for the security code, which arrived yesterday (6th April, with an Easter weekend in the middle). DHL tried to deliver the card on 4th April, but I wasn't in, and today was the first day I could go to the depot to pick it up.

I've transferred £10 into the account. It hasn't arrived yet, but from what I can gather, it should arrive on Monday morning.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    I have been using the account for the last 3-4 weeks now. The account and the debit card works fine. The only problem is FPS incoming is slow and they use swift for outgoing.

They need to sort the payment side.
  • jbryce
    jbryce Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    An update. The money arrived at some point between 11am and 12pm on Monday morning.

I then transferred €10 to the Euro account. That took until early Wednesday morning.

I've now transferred another £240 in, and transferred €240 of that to the Euro account, which should arrive there tomorrow.

Now i need to test payments. Does anyone know, if I use the Euro ATMs around London with the card, will they take the Euro amount I withdraw from my account, or will they convert it to £ at their rubbish rate, then Fineco convert it back to Euros at Visa Rate + 1%? This is not something I will be doing on a regular basis, I have a load of Euros in my foreign wallet, so I would use them until I get to an ATM in France or wherever. I guess I will take out €10 tomorrow and see what happens.
  • AKILI
    AKILI Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi, did you find out whether the FINECO UK bank account is OK for transactions related to Italian property purchase?
  • AKILI
    AKILI Posts: 6 Forumite
    Did anyone found out if the UK FINECO multi currency account is accepted to purchase a property in Italy???
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    AKILI wrote: »
    Hi, did you find out whether the FINECO UK bank account is OK for transactions related to Italian property purchase?
    AKILI wrote: »
    Did anyone found out if the UK FINECO multi currency account is accepted to purchase a property in Italy???

Should delete 1 of your posts since they are both the same.
  • nilocmac
    nilocmac Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Has anyone ever transferred CHF,USD or EUR from Fineco to Revolut?
  • Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    We need an account that can receive regular CHF payments from Switzerland and comes with a CHF debit card and the flexibility of multinational currencies. We have established that Transferwise don't offer this service (yet?).

Reading the posts above, IIUC a CHF debit card is not included as standard in the Fineco offer but can be obtained for £19.95 p.a.

Is that correct? Thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure