Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    anyone know Waities return policy and also replacement product policy?
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just looked policy up :D
    So what would the replacement be? If I ordered 20??
    Hmmmm.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 May 2018 at 12:33PM
    davemorton wrote: »
    40843_419800998611_771558611_4888457_3149457_n.jpg

I can't highlight the words "Everyone can see it" but that's what I'd like to do. I would hope not. Surely that would make me feel embarrassed? In which case, I would then not feel happy.

The notice is also not true on every occasion completely - because if I were hypothethically to wet my pants (not sure why I'm talking about this lol:rotfl:) and was fortuitously in a place where I was entirely alone at all, then everyone (that is 'everyone around me', fortunately no-one) would not be able to see it. In any event, it's literally incorrect as not everyone in the entire world would see it even if it happened with some people around. Of course we all have those instances don't we when we don't quite hit the toilet bowl although fortunately no-one else is there at the time so we just wipe ourselves up, or curse about just having put the washing on and now having a single pair of pants on their own uselessly for a next wash (then has to wait days - yuck! - for more clothes to need washing in one go and the weather hopefully to get fine again). And I won't even go into other things I'm now thinking about:naughty::rotfl::rotfl:.

Right, anyway...

That's when it happens, or I knock some gravy off the table or something that hits some clothes, almost always right at the moment after the washing machine has been put on, didn't quite have all the clothes it could have had and the gravy-splash clothes could usefully have gone in there. Always the way.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    :)

That sister had a PET scan on Thursday. She has been called down for the results today :eek:
    Hoping it is good news :A
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Savvybuyer
    Tomorrow in M will be a lot of offers having ended I feel. It will be bad. Or not actually "bad" but just take more time to ensure that I have 'everything'. I never have everything:rotfl: (as not everything is in my stores). There was enough change in M yesterday, which I cope with as it was all planned and catered for [Strike]weeks[/Strike] literally hours in advance. I will start the update - they seem to have continued much of what had Sunday as a date to expire, expired things that either weren't online or didn't have an expiry date on there so I didn't have one and put new items on offer.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 15 May 2018 at 1:00PM
    This comparison surprised me slightly - I had meant to compare against S by buying the Linda McCartney sausages but M picked up the fishcakes, giving a slightly better overall APG :)

8 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Pure Hygiene Family Mouthwash (500ml) £0.47 £0.50
    1x Linda McCartney's Meat Free 6 Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages (300g) £2.00 £1.77
    0.14x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.10
    1x ASDA Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps (8pk) £0.95 £0.90
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.08 £0.10
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.09
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Strawberries (300g) £1.09 N/A
    1x ASDA 8 Breaded Cod Fishcakes (400g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) £0.50 £0.57
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.70 £6.03
    +£0.67 cheaper

Yes they are on the M list vs £1 M and A has put its price up recently. There were some packets of frozen cod cakes in Iceland that got changed to a downsized pack - although the downsized pack is still, I think, better price per unit or per cake than the Mr A ones, the fact it was changed to a lower weight and number pack puts me off buying the new pack. I absolutely stocked up on the old pack when it was being phased out, right enough up to the longest BB date which is now next month and still have one of the old packs left in my freezer. I found some Chip Shaped Fish Cakes in Iceland recently, at £1 - they were actually higher weight than the old cod cakes - I suppose they are fish rather than cod - but they seem to have disappeared entirely from my Iceland after making an appearance on one visit only; obviously must have been too good price for them to keep wanting to have them:rotfl:. Of course they were the only thing I bought as they were the only thing I thought worth buying(:money::rotfl:).

Thank you for the mouthwash - I shall put that on the list:T. I may have some product down on buy in M that I ought to remove as it seems A may now have this comparable item, or else I wasn't sure it would compare or may not have noticed A had their version before (due to looking in M for the prices there and not looking in A).
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forgetful wrote: »
    Well Im glad you the mods have got rid of that post from a illegal seller of ... driving licence... marriage certs.. etc.. it was scary so I reported them. Dunno if anyone else saw the post on here at about 2am. and it was very long...

I saw it and reported it also. :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Good afternoon all

33857941.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Snap-ant wrote: »

In shop with door open & the weather has now gone dull :o

We had 2 flying red kites in yesterday & I've sold them both :D

32603705_10157409579938082_2889206151918911488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3475e0ea400abbd93a3a515ea03c556e&oe=5B4F80B8

One of the few wooden birds I would probably buy, they are gorgeous birds, we often see them flying over our garden,
    Snap-ant wrote: »

That sister had a PET scan on Thursday. She has been called down for the results today :eek:
    Hoping it is good news :A

I will be keeping everything crossed
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Results are she needs a biopsy on 2 lymph nodes
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure