Tesco Savings DDs

Comments

• Bobblehat
    Bobblehat Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Best Buy Bear
    Lungboy wrote: »
    I just signed up for one and have had the opposite experience. I need to send 2 certified forms of ID to Belfast, along with a cheque for the initial deposit. Are you sure you opened the correct account?

e: from reading the key info document, it seems your experience is the more normal one.

Mine is the Post Office Online Saver Issue 29 ...... deposits by DD ..... so seems to fit the bill for one of the Tesco DDs due to disappear! So-so interest rate, but not planning to make big deposits and will do a withdrawal every so often to top up an account paying better interest. Speed of the withdrawal reaching the target account is not too important for me, but I appreciate it might be for others.

At the end of the application process, after I was accepted, I was given the option of making the initial deposit by debit card or by DD ..... I chose the debit card as I assumed it would seed the account quicker. I signed in a little later, Account was showing with £0 balance and I set up the regular DD from the linked account ..... no problems up to now!
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have opened a Ford account.

For the Birmingham Midshires Internet Saver Account, it says I need a cheque book to verify the account. I don't have one for BOS, can I use a different account to start with and then move it to BOS later ?
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    AndyPK wrote: »

For the Birmingham Midshires Internet Saver Account, it says I need a cheque book to verify the account. I don't have one for BOS, can I use a different account to start with and then move it to BOS later ?
    Yes - no need for a cheque to change linked account.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Richchad wrote: »
    I assume interest will be paid on 1st April, or 2nd as 1st is a Sunday.

But the 2nd is a Bank Holiday. Without going through the T&Cs, I seem to recall that they pay interest on the 31st of March. So will still probably be 3rd April!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    But the 2nd is a Bank Holiday. Without going through the T&Cs, I seem to recall that they pay interest on the 31st of March. So will still probably be 3rd April!
    I believe the poster is talking about interest paid on current accounts, whose T&Cs are satisfied by Tesco savings account DDs. In which case, interest on BoS and Lloyds (and Rewards on Halifax) is paid at close of business on the 1st working day of the month, so early morning Wednesday 4th April (but backdated to the 1st on the statement).
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    AndyPK wrote: »
    I have opened a Ford account.

If it helps, I have just opened a Post Office Online Saver (for the DD). I have linked it to one of my BoS accounts. I also have no cheque book for that account so I sent one from another current account in my name and that appears to have got accepted.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    considering the world is trying to end cheque books, I'm surprised so many bloody accounts are requesting them for evidence!
  • surreysaver
    I've just received letters in the post for each of my Tesco Internet/Instant Saver Accounts, thanking me for setting up "new" linked accounts with them, and that I'll be able to make deposits by direct debit. So maybe we can still use them for direct debits - but will be just one per account, same as the Post Office Savers?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I've just received letters in the post for each of my Tesco Internet/Instant Saver Accounts, thanking me for setting up "new" linked accounts with them, and that I'll be able to make deposits by direct debit. So maybe we can still use them for direct debits - but will be just one per account, same as the Post Office Savers?
    These accounts can still be used for direct debits but only until 22 April - the way they've worded this in their Ts & Cs refers to setting up new DDs right up to that date, even though that would be a complete waste of time for most!
  • surreysaver
    eskbanker wrote: »
    These accounts can still be used for direct debits but only until 22 April - the way they've worded this in their Ts & Cs refers to setting up new DDs right up to that date, even though that would be a complete waste of time for most!

I realise that, but I haven't done anything with any direct debits - I've arranged new direct debits to replace the Tesco ones several months ago, and was just going to let the Tesco ones fizzle out. But Tesco seem to have arranged new ones according to my letters....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure