Nationwide Introduction Rate Ending

13»

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    badger09 wrote: »
    If you mean downgrade from Flexdirect then upgrade to Flexdirect again in a few days to obtain 5%, then No, and you never could.

Sort of says it here?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5629890&highlight=flexdirect

Just released the reg saver is now only £250 :(
  • Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OK, I get it now. I have applied for a BM saver at 1.45% to have in readiness, I will delay fund transfer till May then.
    Cheers
    You can have another 5% Regular Saver in May (assuming they're still on offer then). That's probably worth keeping the FlexDirect open with a pound or so in it.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    I will continue feeding my regular saver each month with Nationwide, but from next month onwards I need a new current account home for my money,
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Cotta wrote: »
    I will continue feeding my regular saver each month with Nationwide, but from next month onwards I need a new current account home for my money,

There's only the TSB Classic Plus for 3% on £1,500 which doesn't require Direct Debits.

If you have/can get some Direct Debits, all the options are in this article: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts?_ga=2.58970990.253305525.1511632009-342153113.1511632009#interest
  • In the same boat, my advice is to switch and avail of another switching bonus - anyone agree?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    In the same boat, my advice is to switch and avail of another switching bonus - anyone agree?

It all depends on circumstances. The FlexDirect account still offers 1% interest, so might be useful to some people as a short-term holding account. It is also valid as a qualification for Flexclusive products. And if it is the only account you have with Nationwide then retaining it would allow retention of membership years to qualify for higher interest rates on accounts like the Loyalty Saver (if they ever increase the rates again)

If you just want another switching bonus then there are very simple ways of obtaining the necessary donor account.... no need to sacrifice an account that might have future value.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport