The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Options

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We started playing pokemon and Poppy quite liked it but we got bored as well.

I'm looking at going on holiday abroad next year. I was given shares in my company earlier this year which i can cash in and i haven't been abroad since 2014. Need to try and persuade someone to come with me as i think being on my own with the girls would be a bit lonely.
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 18 October 2016 at 9:59AM
    Options
    It's so nice seeing everyone posting again, feels like we've gone back in time!

I hope you like the book. It breaks things down in a way Martin Lewis never did, and it goes about things in a different way. The podcast is good day-to-day listening but he can get a tad preachy, which is a bit off putting.
    Birdie85 wrote: »
    Kavics, Wendz and Tete, I'm sure that the right men are out there for you! You'll all so beautiful inside and out, it's only a matter of time before you find someone who appreciates that. :kisses3:

This is exactly what I was going to say. You're all absolutely fantastic :heart2:

Ruby, brace yourself! Photos of Oscar in Zach's old reindeer hat are on their way to Instagram. He looks a-fricken-dorable.

I'm so frustrated I can't get into Pokemon Go, I was so into pokemon when I was little. I'm even rewatching it on Netflix with Oscar and can remember some episodes word for word. It's probably the walking that's involved that's putting me off. I walk enough with Ryder!

Checked my bank this morning, have £22 left until Friday. Where does it all go?! I know I put £90 into savings, but there's £40 that just went *!!!!!!* over the weekend. Think I need to start a spending diary, I know £40 isn't a great deal but I'm so worried that all my extra wage will just vanish in the same way. And I've been all talk about "when I go back to work" and how I'll be so good with the money :A Have £860 to save before the 9th of December so it's all systems go. Or don't go, to the shops.

ETA: killin' it
    14597327_205498146546624_8475256912202432512_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM2MzY1ODM0NDgwNDE3NjIwMA%3D%3D.2
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Use your walks with Ryder to count towards pokemon? No need for second ones. Most of mine are just the school run! It has got me walking to doctors appointments (10 minutes drive, 55 minutes walk) and things though so that's good. But I drop my phone, a lot, which isn't so good!

One of my free bets has come through, which is fab, except the website is glitching on me so I can't actually use it, not so fab. Going to library playgroup this morning (walking distance, free entry, no opportunities to buy cake - full of win) then need to tidy up as it's only a bit messy but being Tuesday Grace's godmother is coming for tea so a quick 30 min whip around should make it a lot more presentable.

REALLY need to address Ben's Christening invites today, we're only 6 weeks away and no one knows it's on. Also need to send some sold ebay parcels but the garage key is on NIMs car keys and I keep forgetting to get it off him.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I would but it's so difficult to get my phone out! I've got Ryder to watch, Oscar to chat to in his carrier, as well as making sure I don't fall over and break the baby.

Sounds like you're making major headway with everything again. It must feel good to feel like you're getting back on top of it :) I keep meaning to say that Ben has turned into one gorgeous toddler! Hope you manage to get the invites sorted.
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    It's so nice seeing everyone posting again, feels like we've gone back in time!

I hope you like the book. It breaks things down in a way Martin Lewis never did, and it goes about things in a different way. The podcast is good day-to-day listening but he can get a tad preachy, which is a bit off putting.

This is exactly what I was going to say. You're all absolutely fantastic :heart2:

Ruby, brace yourself! Photos of Oscar in Zach's old reindeer hat are on their way to Instagram. He looks a-fricken-dorable.

I'm so frustrated I can't get into Pokemon Go, I was so into pokemon when I was little. I'm even rewatching it on Netflix with Oscar and can remember some episodes word for word. It's probably the walking that's involved that's putting me off. I walk enough with Ryder!

Checked my bank this morning, have £22 left until Friday. Where does it all go?! I know I put £90 into savings, but there's £40 that just went *!!!!!!* over the weekend. Think I need to start a spending diary, I know £40 isn't a great deal but I'm so worried that all my extra wage will just vanish in the same way. And I've been all talk about "when I go back to work" and how I'll be so good with the money :A Have £860 to save before the 9th of December so it's all systems go. Or don't go, to the shops.

ETA: killin' it
    14597327_205498146546624_8475256912202432512_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTM2MzY1ODM0NDgwNDE3NjIwMA%3D%3D.2

He's so fricken cute! Am loving all the chat on here :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • wendz86
    Options
    He is so cute Cinny!

I haven't been great with my spending recently. Part of me thinks I should treat myself as I am on my own etc but i do need to be careful as money is going to be even more tight once my savings have been eaten into. I have been overpaid both housing benefit and tax credits so my amount on those has been cut a lot.
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    wendz86 wrote: »
    He is so cute Cinny!

I haven't been great with my spending recently. Part of me thinks I should treat myself as I am on my own etc but i do need to be careful as money is going to be even more tight once my savings have been eaten into. I have been overpaid both housing benefit and tax credits so my amount on those has been cut a lot.

Where are you thinking of going on holidays Wendz? Before this year we hadn't been on a holiday abroad for 4 years. To feel the sun against my skin was amazing.
  • wendz86
    Options
    Looking at maybe canary islands. Want to go in the easter school hols as want to go before Heidi turns two ( save money:money:) so has to be somewhere vaguely warm . Looks like it is around 24 during the day which would be perfect for the kids.
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    wendz86 wrote: »
    Looking at maybe canary islands. Want to go in the easter school hols as want to go before Heidi turns two ( save money:money:) so has to be somewhere vaguely warm . Looks like it is around 24 during the day which would be perfect for the kids.

That weather sounds perfect. Would your Mum go with you? It would definitely be very intense with two little ones on your own. Any more thoughts on moving nearer family or has that been put on the back burner?
  • wendz86
    Options
    I'm hoping I can persuade my Mum and maybe Dad.

It's still an option to move but will be waiting till around May-July time. I have to give two months notice with my job and house. I still can't make sense of money as the amount i get seems to change all the time. Hopefully it will settle down and i can work it all out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback