Comments

• badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    leeroy2009 wrote: »

Club Lloyds dealt with here, but I hadn't seen the Halifax Reward drop

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5539312
  • cheers, other thread is in wrong section.
  • guestman
    guestman Posts: 188
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ill not bother then with such p1ss poor rates, ill just use some of my accounts to switch to co-op and m&s for the switch bonuses. keeping Halifax as my main account and tsb because its local
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    edited 12 October 2016 at 2:59AM
    I have a Club Lloyds Premier account. It would have been nice if Lloyds had bothered to inform their customers of this rather than let them read about it here first.
    I assume this has been verified as true as the website is still advertising the 4%. Rather misleading to potential new customers if the rate is to drop within the next 3 months.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    with tsb doing the same,5%>3%, and only £1500, I will just shut them all down, p*** poor rates, not worth the hassle.
    In all combined, the saving is peanuts, won't have to bother with all the dd's with other bank then, as they will be next,T, on their current a/cs.
    sign of the times
    updating.my paper work is going down drastically:)
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,314
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    More Virtual Sealed Pot money from February courtesy of Halifax then (I round my accounts to the nearest £5.)

joe134, where did you hear this? I haven't heard that TSB have confirmed any changes.
  • joe134
    edited 12 October 2016 at 7:05AM
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    More Virtual Sealed Pot money from February courtesy of Halifax then (I round my accounts to the nearest £5.)

joe134, where did you hear this? I haven't heard that TSB have confirmed any changes.
    Daily Mail today.Expect the usual comments about a proper paper:They 've been correct everytime so far
    I suppose LLoyds A/c will have to be cancelled in writing, because of the fee, waived if monthly payment met??
    looks likes a new car instead.

Fresh blow to savers as banks slash interest rates: Lloyds, TSB and Halifax unveil plans to cut figure on popular current accounts
    UK's high street giants unveiled plans to cut headline rates on accounts
    Lloyds said it will cut 4pc top rate on popular Club Lloyds account to 2pc
    And TSB said it would reduce interest to 3 pc from the start of next year
    By RUTH LYTH

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3833518/Fresh-blow-savers-banks-slash-rates-Lloyds-TSB-Halifax-unveil-plans-cut-figure-popular-current-accounts.html#ixzz4Mqk2kXmI
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I only switched my current account from Smile to Halifax Current Reward Account in branch yesterday and they didn't mention anything about this?
  • joe134
    hansi wrote: »
    I only switched my current account from Smile to Halifax Current Reward Account in branch yesterday and they didn't mention anything about this?
    they probably didn't know either.you will still get your switch fee.:)
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    In one way it'll benefit me because I'll earn 2% per month instead of 1% like I am at present.

However it's a massive blow for those who get 4% between £4-£5,000.

Tesco Bank still offer up to 3% on balances up to £3,000-I wonder if they'll be next in line?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure