Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's very short notice for jury service :eek: Hope all has gone well and that it wasn't too harrowing xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    :o:o:o:o::o Big embassment here! I read the wrong date on the jury service summons! It's was for November not September - I do think senility is beginning to creep up on me for sure. And to top it all I then got a letter from the Coroner 's Court to say that they won't need me after all! So complete storm in teacup!:eek:

Anyway it was just as well as I've been flat out this week at work. Nothing much going on outside work apart from getting nails done. I bought a book on kindle - it's a new novel by Pat Barker called 'The Silence of the Girls" - it's about the Trojan War told from the point of view of the Trojan women who were captured by the Greeks and enslaved. Quite harrowing in some parts, but brilliant and I couldn't put it down.

Got £6.70 back from the dress agency yesterday. I went for Sunday brunch today with my friend - she paid this week. I had some gift vouchers that I received for my birthday for one of our local shops that sell homeware and bought a new diffuser that I needed for the bathroom. It had the most gorgeous smell- it was £24. Normally I buy Neom diffusers as I find they tend to last longer but they are more expensive. I'll see how long this new one lasts. I also sorted out one of the cubicles in my bookcase and found one book to go to the charity shop. Also topped it up with four dvds and two pairs of trousers.

This week I've got my hair appointment but not much else on. Ironing this afternoon and then back later on to catch up with diaries!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    The book sounds like an interesting concept.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That book sounds really good. I enjoyed reading 'The Iliad' so it would be interesting to read the perspective of the enslaved women.

The jury service date mistake is easily done. Are you relieved you're not needed or disappointed?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I love my diffusers too, have them all over the house. Glad you enjoyed the book, it's great when you read a book that makes an impact on you - I also love my books.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    The book sounds like an interesting concept.
    That book sounds really good. I enjoyed reading 'The Iliad' so it would be interesting to read the perspective of the enslaved women.

The jury service date mistake is easily done. Are you relieved you're not needed or disappointed?
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I love my diffusers too, have them all over the house. Glad you enjoyed the book, it's great when you read a book that makes an impact on you - I also love my books.

Yes the book gives you a totally different perspective on the Trojan War. Normally it's about these godlike heroic figures warring on the battlefield - here the story is based mostly in the Greek camp and sets out how awfully these women are treated by the men who enslaved them. Think I'd have wanted to be an Amazon if I'd lived then......

Yes I love diffusers too SA. Actually prefer them to scented candles. Not so much faff!:D
    🌟
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Incense all the way for me
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Incense all the way for me

Oh! That sounds very decadent inod!

Nothing much to report today. It was my turn today to buy the lunchtime flat whites. Work eased down somewhat but boss is out all day tomorrow so I'll finish off a few bits and pieces then.

After I finished diaries I'm going to turn in and have a somewhat early night - well for me anyway!:D
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Enjoy your early night SSG.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Neom diffusers takes me back to my retail days. I like diffusers as well as SSG , wax lyrical I use. The company are based in the Lake District , but they have an outlet shop near me so get them there.

At least the jury service isn't there waiting to be done , an easy error to make.

I hope you managed your early night SSG .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback