*Resolved with conclusion* Virgin Media no service. What can I do?

driocket
driocket Posts: 11 Forumite
edited 17 December 2018 at 5:45PM in Broadband & internet access
Total Days to Fix: 14 Days

Reasons for Fault:
1.Area Outage.
2.Since joining in 2015 the original technician who installed Virgin Media to my house discovered that the cable from the Green Cable Box on the road to my house was damaged, so he split the functioning neighbours cable - half going to them and the other half to mine- as a fix. But the neighbours cancelled during the outage and an Virgin cut off the connection to their house - which also cut mine.

Resolution: Refund for the days without internet

***Original below with updates***

Since early morning Tue 4th Dec I've been without any Internet.

I'm on a broadband only package at 50mb for £30 per month. Still on contract.

If I ask about why there's no service, two things happen:

Every call before 6:00pm is met with replies saying it should be working on exactly 6pm. Both Answer Machines and Tech Support say this. If I sign up for a text message alert for when it comes back online, I get a text at 6pm saying the problem has been fixed - when it has not.

If I call after 6:00pm they say they are "expericing an outage" in my area and give very generic replies on what's happening. They then give a very specific date say it should be fixed on - 10 Dec at 1:35pm.

I have called everyday since the outage and these are the responses I get.

What can I do in this case?
Is there any best outcome for the big inconvenience to me.
I make some money on YouTube too and have not been able to upload? Possible compensation?
Or maybe negotiate a better contract?
Or just settle for a refund?
Anyone been in a similar situation?

*UPDATE 1*

It's now 10 Dec and past 1:35pm and its still not working after a reboot and reset.
I called up and now they're saying it'll be working tomorrow 11 Dec at 2:00pm.
Are they just passing me about?

*UPDATE 2*

It's gone past 11 Dec - but it's still not working.

Called them up and they said a new date of 14 Dec.

I said I want to cancel but I'm told I need to pay off the rest of the conract (understandable). I say I'm not paying for services I'm not getting.

They transfer me to another department who give me a long explanation about "static electrical interference in the cabeling causing disruptions and breakage to services"

I ask them if this is the final date, they say they don't know

*UPDATE 3*

It's 14th Dec and still not come back.
I called them and they said the outage is fixed (yay!)

But it seems my router is broken so they're sending a technician on 17th Dec to swap it out.

Light at the end of the tunnel?

*UPDATE 4*

It's 17th Dec and its finally working!
The technician said they had to reconnect the house to the external green box on the road.

Since joining in 2015 the original technician who installed Virgin Media to my house discovered that the cable from the Box to my house was damaged, so he split the functioning neighbours cable - half going to them and the other half to mine- as a fix. But the neighbours cancelled during the outage and an Virgin cut off the connection to their house - which also cut mine.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport