Pepper money? Anyone have any experience good or bad please

Comments

• Yorkiepuddin - how lovely to read this! I’m so pleased for you and can’t wait to feel as excited and relieved as you to be in your new home. Can I ask how long from DIP to offer for you please?

Have been stuck in rented for 11 years now, it’s taken us 9 years longer than we first thought to sort ourselves and and get a deposit together. As a family we’ve experienced much sadness during this time (our daughter died) plus all the other ups and downs of life. I reckon we are overdue a bit of luck.

You must have been over the moon to collect keys!

For Jason - fingers crossed we can both separately post similar in a few weeks.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • Earlier today we picked up the keys to a house, not just any house but our new home.
    Jason and myalphabetgirls - the last document we were asked for was the 12 month bank statement of rental payments, 5 days later the valuation was booked and we were told by our broker the mortgage was effectively done subject to valuation obviously. Couple of days after the valuation was eventually done Pepper underwriter phoned to say hello, and to make sure broker had explained all correctly, valuation was fine and mortgage would be signed off in the next couple of days.
    And it was. Happy days.
    I hope you get some good news shortly.

Brilliant news Yorkiepuddin. It must be such a relief for you. I'm definitely taking the positives from your story here. As you may have seen both myseld and myalphabetgirls have just had show rental payments for 12 months which were very straight forward to produce.
  • Yorkiepuddin - how lovely to read this! I’m so pleased for you and can’t wait to feel as excited and relieved as you to be in your new home. Can I ask how long from DIP to offer for you please?

Have been stuck in rented for 11 years now, it’s taken us 9 years longer than we first thought to sort ourselves and and get a deposit together. As a family we’ve experienced much sadness during this time (our daughter died) plus all the other ups and downs of life. I reckon we are overdue a bit of luck.

You must have been over the moon to collect keys!

For Jason - fingers crossed we can both separately post similar in a few weeks.

It certainly sounds like you deserve a change in fortune. We've only been in renting for a couple of years. Luckily I sold my orignal house a couple of years ago and had got back a decent amount from that sale. It allowed me to clear off all my debt and still have a good chunk of money left for a deposit. Since then its been a waiting game for all the defaults etc to drift into the past.
  • Well I had a phone call from my broker yesterday to inform me that Pepper are now ready to move to the valuation of the property which was obviously nice to hear.

Hopefully myalphabetgirls this is a good sign for you and you will receive a similar call (or maybe you have done). Might take a week or two for the valuation but that should be a walk in the park for us. Its a 4 bedroom semi detached with garage at 128k
  • Great news Jason. So pleased. No news my end. I texted my broker with tales of this thread and he told me off for comparing lol. Trying hard to keep a lid on the stressiness although it’s hard.

Now you can start planning and packing!

All the best.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

• Update. Pepper have now asked for proof of address 👀 so council tax bill forwarded.

• One week on they’ve now asked for p60 for yr16-17.

Why oh why can’t they ask for everything in one go?

High anxiety 🙁

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    One week on they’ve now asked for p60 for yr16-17.

Why oh why can’t they ask for everything in one go?

High anxiety 🙁
    Really frustrating isnt it.
    This is my absolute pet hate. Both the P60 and PoA could have been requested earlier in the process. This is the sort of thing that makes me moan to my BDM all the time.

On the upside, it looks pretty promising.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACG wrote: »
    Really frustrating isnt it.
    This is my absolute pet hate. Both the P60 and PoA could have been requested earlier in the process. This is the sort of thing that makes me moan to my BDM all the time.

On the upside, it looks pretty promising.

Ooh do you really think ACG? My broker says they haven’t highlighted any issues and is confident himself. I just keep thinking ugh another
    Week before they get back to him 🙁

They would have says a firm no by now wouldn’t they if it were bad news?

• JasonHand
    JasonHand Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Pepper valued the property I'm hoping to buy on Wednesday. Not heard anything as of yet but I can't say I'm surprised about that.

On Monday I did receive a text from my broker which said that my case has been agreed subject to a satisfactory valuation. This means that all documentation has been accepted by the lender and providing the valuation is OK we then get an offer.

Clearly this sounds like great news.

ACG, can I ask you how long does it normally take Pepper to look at a valuation and then hopefully get an offer out? Oh and can I pop open the champagne this weekend (the cheap stuff obviously)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback