Back to try again..

Comments

• Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Had a lovely weekend away to celebrate my Nan's birthday. DC loved spending time with her. We had a lovely day on the beach, hiking, bowling, arcade, sweet shop visit. Treated us to a lovely lunch on the sea front. Cottage was lovely and a bargain, would definitely stay there again. In the middle of nowhere, beautiful. Spent all our holiday money we had saved, bought home a grand total of £1.14 (plus my weekly £20, which I didn't use) was very weird to go away with DH though, the only downside.

DD went back to school today :( the holidays went by so quickly, cannot wait to hear about her first day in year 1, she was very excited. DS goes back tomorrow and we still do not have school shoes :o that's our job today.

At the beginning of the holidays I took £100 out for activities and I still have £20 of it. Pretty chuffed with that. I did spend quite a bit of my weekly £20 on doing stuff but still think we have had a fun holiday for little spends.
    SPC 076
  • Sounds like a lovely weekend, + £ left over, too! Good luck with the shoe shopping today. The only time my mother & I ever rowed was shoe shopping together...
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • Robin09
    Forumite
    Thank you ftbwannabe, it really was a lovely weekend, wish I could see my Nan more often. Thankfully no arguments out shoe shopping, DS couldn't have been less interested if he had tried :rotfl: My fault for leaving it until the last day but lack of choice in decent shoes and in his size meant they came in £20 over budget :(! So there's the school holidays savings gone! A good make so I hope they last as he walks miles every day.

DD had a fab day back at school today :) which reminds me, I got a place on the college course for Maths. I start on the 18th of this month. Just going to go do my best and see how I go, all I can do really.

I have been thinking alot about our DMP over the last few weeks. I am really unsure if we should leave it for a while longer, and continue paying our monthly amount (£210) or to seriously start looking into going self managed. I am totally undecided on it all.
    SPC 076
  • :T Well done for getting on the course :T
  • Yay about the course! V impressive how you're taking action like that. If it helps, I've taken a few extra courses since leaving school & I get petrified every time - and it's always fine, & it's never just me being nervous. Good luck!
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • Robin09
    Forumite
    Thank you so much WelshKitty and ftbwannabe, I really appreciate your well wishes. I am constantly running around doing stuff for everyone, I am strangely looking forward to doing something for myself. Still bricking it though :rotfl:

Had work this morning and then did a big sort out of all the cupboards and draws when I got home. Got rid of two bin bags full and got a box and a bin bag full for the charity shop. DH started decorating the hallway while we were away, with paint we already had, already looking brighter although not finished yet.

Paid for DD school outing, had the money put away. DS had a great day back and is happy with his new timetable and got all his first choice options.

Popped to my sisters after school with DD, to see my niece before she goes back to Uni. She gave me a bag full of clothes for DC, and a massive canvas of a woodland photo, I love it. She didn't want anything but I gave her £5, bargain. Still have £15, going shopping on Thursday so will save it for that, need to get some bits for the college course.
    SPC 076
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So happy for you about your course! Full of admiration. Good luck!

Very impressive that you had some money leftover after the summer holiday. I am going to try money in separate envelopes next month. Really hope that is going to help me.

What are the pros and cons about self-managing your DMP? Sorry I do not know anything about this. Would it help to list your thoughts on it here?

Best wishes.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Robin09
    Forumite
    Thank you Pidge :) I find having cash works so much better for us, good luck trying it out. And that is such a great idea to do a pro/cons list, I am definitely going to find time to do that tomorrow.

Very tired this evening, so going to have an early night. Woke up to DH's 4am alarm, doesn't usually wake me, really don't know how he manages it every day! Went to work, then back home to sort dinner and house out before picking DD to go to my other sister's house. Spent 25 minutes at the school trying to locate her jumper, thankfully we found it. DS has been horrendous for losing his stuff over the years but thankfully he has got better lately.

Going shopping tomorrow. We do not have any big bargain stores around here so hopefully I won't go to mad, do need to look out for a couple birthday presents, but they have been budgeted for.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09 wrote: »
    Thank you Pidge :) I find having cash works so much better for us,

Yep, cash is the way to go for us too :)

Until it runs out and my wife uses her debit card.....:mad:
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • Robin09
    Forumite
    Have not had a very good day today.

Planned shopping trip with my sister, which started out bad as she had just received a phone call to say her brother (she is my half sister) to say he has had a very serious accident and they are not hopeful he is going to make it :( she didn't want to sit at home, so we decided to go anyway. Very worrying times for him.

Went shopping. And blocked both my bank cards as my mind went blank and forgot my pins. Ended up getting a couple bits for birthdays with what I had left in my purse from last week's money. Paid my sister back £8 she put on her card for me when I got home, I got some bits for college.

Got home to an email to say the college course has been changed to a Monday, which is not good as I work every Monday, so I am now unsure what to do. I cannot really afford to lose the money if I give up Mondays, plus it will make things difficult for them at work. I do not earn a lot anyway but will definitely see a difference if I give them up.

Just praying he pulls through and that we all have a better day tomorrow.
    SPC 076
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure