Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Options

Comments

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 March 2018 at 4:01PM
    Options
    Full of lush red wine from our favourite wine bar. Not particular Frugalista ish but oh so good for the soul.. good company and good wine. Luscious. Off home now to eat from the pre-planned menu- jacket potatoes ;) whilst filled with amazing grapes... I love my life :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Thanks beanie.. love your phrasing as always xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy new diary Brizzle. Have subscribed. Annoying you had to re-register though. On the plus side it's like a new start :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'll have a mulled wine on this winter evening if one is going spare and all the red in Bristol hasn't been drunk ;)

Happy new diary, maybe fate played a hand to start a new one. Subscribed. Obviously :rotfl:
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Well its a tough one PF.. but we saved a smidgeon for you.. the Malbec has gone to a good home but maybe a Merlot?!! ;) I had a Primitivo to finish up and lush it was too. The place we were at today won the Best Wine List in our Good Food Awards this year and well deserved it was too. Back home - trying to be MSE - we came home for dinner :D Lush jacket potatoes prepared by DD1.

It is nippy here. Chickens in well insulated coop. Otherwise not sure those Indian ground foraging birds would last the night!
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 18 March 2018 at 10:22PM
    Options
    Sun Addict.. it is. And I think I will enjoy it. But.. its all in the timing.. i wasnt expecting it. Do you have your diary back? X
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Thanks FS.. Hope everything is easing now x
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 18 March 2018 at 3:51PM
    Options
    Nice day.

So some spends.. have brought my friend who had such sh&te news last week a present, must post tomorrow. Also a new kitchen tap - the existing one is not properly fixed and its a right pain, leaking water all into the cupboard underneath, not good for the kitchen joinery I am sure. Ordered a pay out from TCB - will update my signature when it arrives - and some more is tracked and pending. Its a great system when it tracks and pays out in a reasonable timescale. Apart from that insurance company its been well worth using.

Now about to start cooking the late lunch..which will probably be eaten in the early evening :)

Lots of snow here, but the roads cleared pretty quickly... now sitting here with the stove on, drinking a nice glass of red.

Not sure how the public transport will be tomorrow so will take phone chargers and leave early so as to maximise my chances of getting where I need to be.

Looking forward to another money shuffle on Friday. And although coffers are low will try and do some TTs every day.

Hope everyone is warm and having a good weekend x
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    PS. Reading my last few posts..yes I am clearly continuing on from the night before...well in my defence its wintry so red seems the perfect combination :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback