My journey to a debt free life

Comments

• Still suffering with the cold, the sore throat has gone now but I have a cough instead, I managed to go to work yesterday with the aid of paracetamol, so at least I haven't had to take any time off,it was another nice shift in clinic,I was on my own but it was really quiet.....so quiet in fact that I got to read my book in between patients,if everyday was like that I would love going to work :rotfl:

I was supposed to meet my mum today but cancelled becasue I didn't want her to catch this cold and to be honest I don't feel up to walking round town,I've got work again tomorrow so I'm going to spend the rest of today relaxing as much as possible

We thought the microwave had broken last night because it was smoking when DD heated up her tea but it just needed cleaning :eek:there was a bit of Quorn under the turntable that was obviously burning because it had been cooked several times.DD and her boyfriend never remember to cover their food so it spits everywhere,I've reminded her this morning to over her food so hopefully that will cut down on the mess,I'm soooo relieved it's not broken though and will endeavour to keep on top of cleaning it now:D

So so far today I have cleaned the microwave, tidied and cleaned the kitchen,one load of washing which I'm pegging out in a minute and I've walked the dog:A

My plans for the rest of the day are to have lunch and make a start on my cross stitch,I found all the bits for it the other day,I had put them all together in a box so I would lose any of it,I just need to put it back on the frame and get sewing.
    I also have to cook a curry later which will last me for the next four days,Im craving curry at the moment and I think it's because I can't actually taste much else

I had a sneaky look at Pinterest earlier and found couple of lovely vege recipes I'm going to try, my mind is on comfort food at the moment and as it feels very autumnal here today I'm thinking vege bakes with root veg and cheese ......yum yum

While I was on there I found couple of photos of Lundby dolls house that people have done up,I love these houses and would actually love to do one but they can be quite pricey becasue they are classed as vintage now,I keep my eyes peeled for one turning up in a charity /vintage store but no luck so far, then I reminded myself that I haven't finished the massive dolls house I already own and switched Pinterest off:rotfl:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 September 2018 at 9:39PM
    A productive day here today,I spent the afternoon sewing my cross stitch and really enjoyed gettting back into it again:j
    I have a gadget I found with this sewing that enables me to thread several needles at once
    it's a plastic wedge shaped frame with little squares of sponge that you stick your threaded needles into to keep them safe and underneath there is a strip of card so you can write all the sympbols for the different coloured cottons that you are using I bought it because this cross stitch has lots of colour changes and using one needle was very time consuming, this way I can thread all my colours at once:)
    I had completely forgotten that I had bought this little gadget,it was yet another item purchased in my spendy days when I had no spending off switch. It's been in the box with the cotton and supplies for the cross stitch I had put away,I could have made use of this several times over the last couple of years if I'd actually remembered I had bought it:eek:

I have a craft desk in my living room that is under the slope of ceiling where the stairs go up,it's suppose to be a calm creative space where I keep my some of the things I'm working on and some supplies,it's a total mess at the moment and has been used as a dumping ground for all sorts of half made items and things waiting to be framed,i have decided today that it needs a radical tidy and sorting out,it's the first thing you see when coming into my house and it's a complete mess,I like to think it's a creative mess but I'm just kidding myself:rotfl:

In between doing my sewing. I also managed to strip my bed and wash all the bedding,that's now out on the line,I brought in what was out there ironed it and put it away and I have another load going in the machine now,I'm going to peg that out in the morning before I go to work and ask DD to fetch it in later on so hopefully it will dry
    I have work tomorrow so won't be doing anything housey but I am starting my next book,I'm reading The People Next Door and Im hoping it's not scary enough to keep me awake,I've just read The lying Game by Ruth Ware and it was really good,it kept me guessing right up to the end and I really enjoyed it,she has another one called The Dark Dark Wood so I might have to try and find that as well
    I also cooked my curry for the next four days tea,it's a korma made with Quorn chicken pieces and I added sultanas,bananas and apricots and an onion,I had it with couscous tonight and it was yummy,I have one in the fridge to take to work tomorrow and the other two are in the freezer,DD is on about cooking a roast dinner on Monday so that means I don't have to cook now until Thursday:j
  • So yesterday was a work day and it was a busy shift,not as pleasant as my last few shifts either because we had an emergency and had to call the crash team in the morning but thankfully the patient was ok,and I felt really ill all day,my chest was burning and I felt really hot,I was glad to get home and back in bed last night :)

I didn't wake up until 10.30 this morning after having a fairly good sleep that was disturbed by one night mare and one odd dream involving a pet snake belonging to me plus lots of kittens and glitter:eek:I think this must be side effects from my anti Ds being increased,I do suffer with nightmares quite often but only usually if I am super stressed,it's a good warning sign for me to know I'm teetering on the edge sometimes:)

DD and I went shopping today and I didn't feel too good while we were out then she started with a sore throat so I think she has got it now,we came home and had lunch then I spent the afternoon sewing
    I feel a lot better this evening,DD cooked a roast tonight so we had that for tea,we haven't had a roast in such a long time, the only downside was we couldn't get any parsnips anywhere,Im really worried that there is some sort of national parsnip shortage that I don't know about:eek:

I'm now chilling out catching up on here for the evening,I've got DGS tomorrow so hopefully I will be feeling even better in the morning:)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello OBL,
    Hope you are feeling recovered. I expect all the cold germs will start whizzing around now the kids are back at school.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves wrote: »
    Hello OBL,
    Hope you are feeling recovered. I expect all the cold germs will start whizzing around now the kids are back at school.
    F x

Hi Foxgloves,I'm not quite recovered yet,it's gone down onto my chest now so I have a lovely cough:(,I have had so many bugs since I started looking after DGS,I'm hoping my immune system which is usually overactive will actually kick in and do work at some point :)
  • Managed another shift at work today while feeling very under the weather' now have a lovely cough which I'm hoping isn't a possible chest infection,I feel quite wheezy today,if it's not gone by next week I will have to go to the doctors
    I now have two days off so can relax a bit,I'm meeting my mum for lunch tomorrow ,I was going to cancel but I cancelled last week and I know she will be very disappointed if I can't go so I'm going,Im off to bed in a bit I'm an attempt to get an early night then hopefully can have a lie in in the morning,then I should feel ok to go into town
    On Sunday I am going out for a hack for an hour,I went back to my old reading school after hearing that the owner has been asking after me ,I felt bad for not going up so popped up for a coffee and a natter,anyway when I got there her helpers had let her down so ended up staying for 3 hours and helping her with the horses,I really should have because I'm not feeling great but I felt so sorry for her,she is in her 70s and has 25 horses to muck out every day,we had coffee and cake and a chinwag once we had done all the work
    She asked me if I was going to start riding again so I said I would go on Sunday for the hack and then the following Thursday like I used to
    I'm glad I went back because I did miss the old place and although she has her moments I did miss the owner too
    I've also finished reading The People Next Door today and although I enjoyed the book overall I was a hit disappointed,the promised unforgettable twist was not s surprise to me at all,so a bit of a let down
    I'm now reading Matt Haigs Notes On A Nervous Planet,a book on how to live in our anxious world,I love this author and have read nearly all his books now,his book Reasons To Stay Alive was sooooo good
    Right I'm nodding off over my iPad so I'm going off to bed
    Sweet dreams everyone xx
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 September 2018 at 10:44PM
    Just updating for today,I ended up going to bed at 9.30 last night and work up today at 7am coughing away,I had a cup of tea and read my book for an hour then went back to sleep until 10.30, I didnt feel too good at all in the morning

Met mum for lunch and a catch up which was lovely, my chest was very wheezy while I was out so I bought some Covonia bronchial mixture and that's seems to have worked to stop me constantly coughing and my chest isn't burning now either

Tomorrow morning if I get up early enough I want to tidy the house a bit,it's all gone a bit pear shaped this week because I haven't been well and DDs boyfriend is back so the place is a mess
    When he goes to uni I am going to have a massive clean up and sort out here,I need to get into a regular routine with my house work so I've got time to fit everything in

My eldest DD has been following a blogger called The Organised Mum and she has a good cleaning method,its a bit like flylady but not as crazy,I think I might give it a go,you can do a weeks boot camp to get your house under control then you have timed routines to do each day which is supposed to keep things under control,basically I need to get up earlier and stop procrastinating all day:rotfl:

I have to be at the stables by 1pm tomorrow for my hack and I'm really looking forward to it,I haven't been riding since July so it will be good to get back in the saddle,I went to say hello to the horse I usually ride on Thursday and took him a carrot which he munched in about two seconds flat

Right that's enough waffling from me, I really need to go to bed and try and get some sleep,next doors kids aware crashing around the house so I'm not holding my breath:(

Edited to add I forgot the SC payment came out so I've changed my signature to account for this now owe £16,458 and have paid off £1,172
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,089 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Enjoy your ride, OBL. Loved it that you took your favourite horse a carrot! Well done on reduced debt total too.
    Hope your lergy soon improves. The cough mixture you mention is the only brand I ever buy. Mostly I like Belvoir Cordials 'winter berries' variety for coughs & sore throats. I make it up with hot water from the kettle & find sipping a mugful before bedtime really helps soothe a cough. It's getting difficult to find this variety though. It's got elderberries in, which are good for colds/flu, so I should probably just gather some & make my own. Anyway - best wishes for getting well soon.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves wrote: »
    Enjoy your ride, OBL. Loved it that you took your favourite horse a carrot! Well done on reduced debt total too.
    Hope your lergy soon improves. The cough mixture you mention is the only brand I ever buy. Mostly I like Belvoir Cordials 'winter berries' variety for coughs & sore throats. I make it up with hot water from the kettle & find sipping a mugful before bedtime really helps soothe a cough. It's getting difficult to find this variety though. It's got elderberries in, which are good for colds/flu, so I should probably just gather some & make my own. Anyway - best wishes for getting well soon.
    F x
    I feel a lot better today but still coughing, the Covonia that I bought is really good and is working really well,I've read on here about elderberry syrup but don't know how to make it,I will keep an eye out for the elderberry cordial though
    My ride was great fun and it was good to be back in the saddle:)
  • Arrrggghhhh still coughing,I managed to get a gp appointment yesterday and he checked my chest and I haven't got a chest infection but I am wheezy,I wanted to check I could use the inhaler they gave me last time I was like this as apparently it's meant to react badly with my antidepressants but he says it's ok to use it so long as I don't have any heart conditions he also gave me a prescription that I can take to the chemist if this cough developed into an infection,that will save me having to be seen again

I was supposed to be on a long day yesterday but my boss let me change it to my early instead of Friday so I could go to the doctors,I then came home and cleaned the house as it needed doing badly

Today I have DGS to look after,he is poorly at the moment with Slapped Cheek Disease,he's had it for a few days so is starting to feel better now but he's very sleepy,I put him to bed for a nap at 9.10 and he is still sleeping,I'm going to leave him for a bit longer then wake him up for lunch,poor little man he is covered in a rash that looks really sore but apparently it looks worse than it feels,he did play with his toys when he got here for a bit but then wanted cuddles and fell asleep
    While he's been sleeping I have framed two embroideries I've sown for his mum and dad,one is a birth sampler and the other is the Tolkien quote that my Sil asked me to stitch for my DD,she was supposed to have it in June but I just couldn't get it finished in time,it was a pain in the bum to sew so I will be glad to see the back of it

I've also got a load of washing on the go so that will be pegged out in a minute,it's a changeable day here today,lovely and warm but sunny one minute and cloudy the next,Im pegging it out regardless:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback