Back to try again..

Comments

• Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It really is great news. They are back, such a relief. He will be in ICU for a while until he can be transferred to the rehab center.

Went to the second showing of DD's nativity this morning, she was a king and did a great job. Went into work after and got back just in time to pick her from school, then straight onto a party, thankfully the last one of the year. She bought home another invite for January yesterday though. Got back at 6.15 and was meant to go straight out again to pick my sister and her friends up to drop them to their Christmas party, but DH said he would do that, so saved me another trip out.

Got to go visit my nephew tomorrow to give him his birthday present, but hoping to have a quiet day as Sunday will be busy and DD still has another week at school. DS breaks up Wednesday, so not as bad.
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a good weekend :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Thanks Jwil, hope you had a nice weekend too.

I feel so so tired today, was a busy weekend. Saturday went to see my nephew for his birthday, popped into work as forgot my jumper the other day and my boss gave me a bag of gifts for the DC and a Christmas card with a note thanking me for my hard work and £100 :D I have been eyeing up a coat that is £40 so think I may treat myself. After we came home we ended up having quite a few visitors thoughout the day, my niece came in the evening with birthday gift for DD, so was a later than hoped bedtime for her. She had booked tickets for the DC to go ice skating this weekend as their Christmas treat, so I booked myself a ticket too, looking forward to going again.

Yesterday we went to watch Elf the musical. Really good fun, the DC loved it. Specially DS who is a big fan of musicals anyway. I am so grateful we got to go, as we were given the tickets. We used our pizza vouchers, so had a lovely lunch. Even if we had the money I don't think I would ever pay £60 for 4 pizzas and a drink each though! But it cost us £15 so was happy with that. DD took he pyjamas with her and we changed her before the drive home so carried her in asleep and straight into bed.

DS had his meeting this morning, dropped him back at school and quickly tidied the house and put dinner in slow cooker. My plan for the rest of the day is doing nothing, just feel so wiped out today. But DD has got her Christmas party at athletics this evening, so will be off to that.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    I have received an email to say I've won a competition :j haven't won anything in a while, so a lovely surprise. It's a Fantastic Beasts ultimate merchandise bundle and family cinema tickets. It is collection only though from the Mall in Bristol so my dad said he will take me over tomorrow after I've been to work. No idea what will be in there but excited all the same. I have been very lucky this week.
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    Wow what a great prize! Well done :T

Glad you enjoyed elf too and have fun ice skating!

Hope you are feeling more rested today.
  • Robin09
    Thank you :) went and picked it up today after work and it is a fab prize. Got a family ticket to see the film at the cinema and a whole box full of goodies, easily over £100 worth of stuff. Very pleased with it.

My parents treated me to lunch today after picking up my prize which was lovely. Bought my coat and some mini mince pies for my elderly neighbour next door and a few Christmas treats from M&S. Have put the other £50 away so I don't waste it.

Had to pick DS up from school today too as the weather was atrocious, we was all glad to get back home and not have to go back out anywhere. Did Christmas cards with DD for her school friends and started mine but have ran out so will need to grab a small pack in the week.

Early night as I still feel exhausted, looking forward to next week so we can all have a rest.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    A busy few days with work and going to help my brother, who put a plea out for help when some of his temp staff didn't bother showing up. So spent the evenings there helping out, it was so busy. Plus, woke up this morning to a text to say the inspector had finally shown up, of course! Spent the morning doubting myself, wondering what I had missed or hadn't done right but we got exemplary on every part :j got back just in time to go to the church to watch DD's carol concert, which was absolutely beautiful.

Finally sat down and ordered our Christmas food shop, with £30 vouchers added on it came to £80 so only £5 over our normal budget. But did get some nice treats and have £15 voucher left over and I didn't need to go to the shops, there have been queues for the car parks, no thankyou. Need to wrap the DCs presents tonight, have never left it so late and would have liked to have got it done while DD was still at school but just never found the time.

Booked train tickets for tomorrow to go ice skating. Meeting my niece there but have booked tickets for my sister and her partner too, but will get the money back. Will probably have some lunch too. Have eaten out quite a bit this month but I did think we would be and had budgeted for it at the beginning of the month and we haven't gone over it yet, thankfully.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    A lovely day out today. Surprisingly it wasn't even that busy on the train or in town. Had fun ice skating and seeing my niece. Was a long day though, left the house early and caught the 4.30 train back, luckily only takes 20 minutes. Had lunch out, my sister paid me for their train tickets so that pretty much covered it. Gave the DC £5 each to buy a gift for each other.

Shopping has been delivered, a few subs but nothing I'm worried about. We never go over the top, forgot to add yesterday that our food bill was lowered by my parents buying us our meat, including the biggest gammon joint I've ever seen.

Tomorrow is another busy day, travelling to Cardiff to see the Nutcracker ballet. Really looking forward to it but already tired thinking of yet another long day. I plan to hibernate next week!
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    Glad you had a good day, enjoy the ballet!
  • Robin09
    Thanks Jwil. Wow, the ballet was absolutely beautiful. Enjoyed every minute of it. The orchestra was also fantastic. We are not only lucky to have been given the tickets but also very lucky to be allowed in as when we got there we realised our tickets were for yesterday :eek: :rotfl: don't know how I hadn't noticed before we had got our dates mixed up. We also didn't realise that our tickets allowed us all a free programme and a ice cream each. Lady on the door was amazing and went out of her way to find us seats together, so grateful.

Was up early as my brother and family come to visit before we went out, was lovely to see them all. More visitors tomorrow and some visiting to do, before coming home to rest over Christmas, finally.
    SPC 076
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure