Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback

1192021222325»

Comments

• Signed up for broadband and phone c5 weeks ago. Received a new modem but still no connection dates for either service. Have sent various messages but no response. Tried phoning a couple of times but on hold for over an hour both times.
    So best advice is to avoid
  • 21/2 years ago swapped seamlessly from BT. Renewed easily and they reduced the cost as well when I threatened to leave. Never had any issues with speed or service interruption on FBTC
  • Your website has saved me £1000's over the years of which I am very grateful. I took up PlusNet's offer on your website last year, paid one year upfront and never got a decent broadband service. It also took a lot of effort to claim my cashback (6 months of phone calls!) They hiked the price up during the year and when I said I was leaving they said for all the inconvenience they would upgrade me to fibre for a little more. I agreed but after it was installed a week later they cancelled the contract and said I would have to pay more and incur an installation fee if they reinstate the service. I am so annoyed as I took them in good faith.

I still think MSE is a wonderful financial community website but would like to let readers know Plusnet are hiking prices up by backdoor methods of which MSE may not be aware of.
  • I signed up with Plusnet at end of October. I’ve had endless problems and am wishing I had never gone with them. I eventually got connected on 28 November but it has been a shambles. They set up three different accounts for me; sent me four routers; took two annual line saver payments of £205 each; and a host of other problems. My biggest concern will be getting the £205 overpayment back from them.

Their customer service is a disgrace. I have spent literally hours on the phone waiting to get through to speak to someone and when I do the situation is never resolved.

I am wishing I had read all the reviews about Plusnet before I signed up. There Are very few positive comments. I am tempted to cancel my contract within 14 day cooling off period but am worried that I will be £410 out of pocket.

Rant over - but they are a shocking company to deal with.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    You only tend to see the bad reviews for most providers to be fair. Been with PN for 5 years+ and they've been by far the best provider I've had
  • My biggest concern will be getting the £205 overpayment back from them.

Contact your bank and ask them to return the money as a chargeback.
    I am tempted to cancel my contract within 14 day cooling off period but am worried that I will be £410 out of pocket.

You are NOT within your 14 days cooling off period. That period starts when you sign up with Plusnet which you said was October. You are now in contract with them and would be charged early termination fees if you left.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 2 December 2018 at 2:27PM
    Just putting my two bob's worth in here, but was with PlusNet for a few years and never had any complaints, well apart from annual Line Rental increases.

I switched to Sky a couple of years ago with one of the special deals MSE arranges from time to time, my costs are always higher due to a requirement for Anytime Calls to be included in any package, that said, we are paying less now with Sky than we were paying 4 years ago for Fixed line BB, line rental and Anytime Calls on a 12 month contract - our present cost is £16.99, which can only be beaten by Now TV's Offer, which itself is reliant on claiming a cash-back that may not appear - this is a good benchmark figure to use with PlusNet, whom, as stated, i always had decent service from. Cannot say that for Talk Talk I'm afraid.
  • Oh why did I not read reviews on Trust Pilot before trying to move to Plusnet? I was lucky to cancel the order in the 14 day cooling off period as when things started to go pear shape I wasted hours trying to contact them by phone, getting different people with different answers. I have finished up paying them over £400 from my credit card for upfront rental etc and was informed they would credit my card. After waiting with no credit I wasted another 45 minutes o phone to be told they would send a cheque but it would take 30 DAYS to process. If you dial the number to join it is answered almost at once but not if you once join, you can expect to wait 60 minutes at least! IF YOU DO REALLY WANT TO JOIN THEM GOOD LUCK, you will need it! Jeff.
  • I have been with Plusnet in the past and they were fine. However, trying to switch to them recently has been a nightmare. They have either reduced the staff on the phone lines, or are unable to cope with the volume of calls, as wait times are usually c1 hour. Problems all get blamed on 'System Issues' which usually entails being transferred to another dept and another wait.
    I now have 3 separate accounts, 2 modems so far, and still no confirmation that I have actually been transferred. I paid for the line rental up front, so am unable to escape, so will just have to wait it out, but I can only advise others to check out their feedback and avoid until it improves.
    • No contact from the company via email to acknowledge I am even eligible for a cashback by signing up via Moneysaving Expert website!
    • I understand they only deal with these cash backs by way of cheque, which leads to further delays; and feels rather underhand as they continue to take my monthly payments by direct debit, (which also means that they already have my bank details!)

As a general comment, I would also say that the way Plusnet present the billing and usage information is really user unfriendly as the information is on different pages/areas so that customers have to continually go backwards & forwards to see the information, AND on top of that cannot even download an easily portable form of the information! I have just been advised by one of their agents that the only way of doing this is to copy and paste the billing info. into a word doc, in order to save it. Incredibly clunky and frankly unsophisticated.

I am not sure why they have a good customer service reputation, as they do not appear to address each and every issue raised with them, and their data handling and proactive fair dealing with customers is generally very disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure