Best way to set up a landline and get a receptionist

Hi, I'm about to start a business and was looking at the most cost effective way people have found getting a number and then getting a number to forward calls to (a virtual receptionist, but not an automated one) so they can forward me the calls/messages. Main reason for this is I am unlikley to be able to pick up calls as I'm working another job and cant afford a real receptionist.

Questions: Is it best to get a local number/0800 number/mobile number or all or some? (I've seen TTNP, are they any good?)

What have people found particularly useful when getting a virtual receptionist? and cost effective virtual receptionist?

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm with a company called TTNC who provide an 0800 freephone number (I spend around £70 a year on this). This is on all of my marketing, website etc.

This number is then forwarded to a call handling/virtual receptionist. They answer as my company name and say I am unavailable. They then take a message and text & email the details to me so I can call in my own time. This costs £1/ call, so quite a cost effective way of handling calls.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • I use a Gradwell Voip line through Creative Filter, it costs me about a Fiver a month. I can then decide whether to accept the callson my mobile, app, handset or to forward it to a call answering service.

I use Answer4U in Nottingham, they have a flexible option from £7.77 per month.
  • We use e-receptionist for our 0800 number.

And we use Pocket Receptionist for all of the calls. It costs us about 150 PCM and all of the calls we get go via this service.

They answer about 3 calls a day for us, they say what you want, they will take payments, take notes, process orders, near enough anything.

They will also say anything you like, the only issue you do have is they are not local and people will say do you know XYZ and they don't so you sometimes get a pause and some erm erm.

Overall a lot cheaper than employing someone for the role and they always work very well. We could refer you and make us all something extra? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure