Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 March 2018 at 7:20PM
    Just cancelled Talk Talk installation.

Before this Virgin were charging us £43. New 12 month contract is £19 for nearly the same, step down from 100 meg to 50 meg, which is fine by us, considering we were happy to change to about 17 meg. Not entirely sure that that will happen anyway, they seem to be phasing out lower speeds, 50/50 as to whether they are simply paying lip service to downgrading the speed.

I should say that when we rang them up to check the contract had finished, they offered us the same package without the downgrade for £36 a month.

Pretty disgusting that we actually had to book another company to persuade them to give us a decent deal. And you have to ask how many people would have seen a nearly 20% discount and grabbed it without playing the game.

Still no call :o. I need to change my BT install as it is due on Wednesday and you need to give 24 hours notice to change ... but now the date available is next week after my VM ends and VM would need to be live to transfer the number :eek: . Are they calling my bluff ...

Anon
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Don't forget to vote for Sarah and Waffle :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    tweets wrote: »
    Don't forget to vote for Sarah and Waffle :)
    Thanks for reminder :T:T:T

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73964009&postcount=2463
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just phoned VM to confirm when my services switch off ... no attempt to sell me anything, gave me the date and that was that :(.

Fortunately that did highlight that I have a week longer than I thought I had, so have now moved BeeTee to allow a week longer to negotiate :D.

Anon
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anon wrote: »
    Free £6 C0sta credit for selected M4stercards using S4msung Pay app.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/samsung-pay-6-costa-voucher-when-you-upload-selected-mastercards-2904268

Will investigate my S4msung Galaxy tab to see if I can get it to work on there ... not according to the online information :(https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/samsung-pay#compatibility/.

HTH

Anon
    I noticed this one too, but when looking at the picture it states from 5/3/18 to 1/4/18. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 March 2018 at 8:09PM
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Greenredeem

https://www.greenredeem.co.uk/reward-detail/5-john-lewis-gift-card-48279

We've just made a limited supply of £5 John Lewis / Waitrose gift cards available (05/03/18) - be quick before they're all gone!

Thank you. I had more or less given up on them. I don't have enough points but have now done more quizzes. Perhaps something like this will come up again at some point.

I've just spotted that they have £5 off hotels.com for 50 points. That will be good for my holidays, I think! Min spend of £50 not including taxes applies.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Yes cancel with VM, put an order in with BeeTee including asking for your number to transfer (worth going through a cashback site, just in case you do end up moving ... or even if not, some have been known to pay out ;)).

The other idea I read about on another forum was ordering a new VM set up in partners name, including number transfer. With cashback (and timed right with the offers) it would work out cheaper than the current package ... but would mean sacrificing my ntlworld email :(. Offers not currently brilliant but seem to come round every week or so. Best for BB/phone is 50MB, £29.99 plus £20 activation, £100 account credit if ordered through Youswitch.

My BeeTee kit arrived today :eek:.

Anon
    Still no call :o. I need to change my BT install as it is due on Wednesday and you need to give 24 hours notice to change ... but now the date available is next week after my VM ends and VM would need to be live to transfer the number :eek: . Are they calling my bluff ...

Anon

Unfortunately I have heard of a few people not getting enticed to stay with them.

Just a note - we never actually rang VM to cancel with them - we just asked TalkTalk to transfer our number and that way they had to contact VM and ask for it. This also made sure the disconnections team had to contact us to check.

I personally think it is disgusting the way they treat their customers. When talking to my husband the cancellations team mentioned we had been with them for at least 21 years and said they would therefore try to do something for us. If I had my way we wouldn't stay with them, but OH's email is with them and they do provide a tv box too so saves buying a new one.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    di_s_wine.jpg

ellie14 and i delivered di`s wine today.:)not sure what everyone thought as we walked through the hospital carrying all that.:rotfl:
    it was lovely to see di and thanks to ellie for driving us there.:A

if i am sending everyone into tweets garden,shout to me from there.

Lovely to see you both you really cheered me up. I'm sure the nurses were delighted with the sweets/ fillers, I took the red onions out though :rotfl: OH was mortified at having to carry it out tonight :rotfl: he has though :D
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to confirm that VM working today v M.

Also Freixenet V W.

Tried eggs today as the celebrations appeared on the top shelf at the end of an aisle with 342 banner under the label on SEL. I decided to pay cash as I didn't want to go to CS having used a very large APG. Anyway off the Trout goes to investigate and comes back saying that celebrations weren't in the 3 4 10. So I say it was on the stand that says 3 4 10 and she then says" no, it was the ones below in the offer and not celebrations which were on the shelf above and not included. I insisted that the SEL said 3 4 10 and she replied "well it doesn't now" . The cheeky so and so had only removed the 3 4 10 from the shelf edge. So I had to have a refund.

SnS

That's nasty. I'd phone HQ and complain. Advice on here is always to go with the SA who goes to check the shelf and I have always done that. Very sorry it didn't work for you.
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    That's nasty. I'd phone HQ and complain. Advice on here is always to go with the SA who goes to check the shelf and I have always done that. Very sorry it didn't work for you.

Thanks Picasso,

Next time I'll definitely go with them. Lesson learned there.

I doubt that I will complain as I prefer to keep a low profile and nothing lost at the end of the day. I went back this afternoon and got the crunchie trigger and different SA on the desk. So alls well that end well.

SnS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport