IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court, help needed with defence

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Double_Dip wrote: »
    Hi, may I ask why exact date is required as I didn't want PCC's searching for it.
    Thanks
    Check my posts and see how many times I have asked:
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?
    Also check what happened when it was supplied.
    (Hint: over three hundred of my posts have included those words in the last two months alone)

Entirely your choice of course.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    No-one has been disadvantaged by posting their Claim Issued date, and in fact these firms issue dozens in batches per day...all the same drivel!

Tell us the issue date so we was tell you the latest date by which to defend.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi, issue date was 27 Mar 19, thanks for your advice.
  • Coupon-mad
    You only have a few days then.

Where are the photos you said you'd linked with xx instead of http?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    With a Claim Issue Date of 27th March, you had until Monday 15th April to do the Acknowledgement of Service.

I am going to assume you did the AoS by that date. Please confirm.

Having done the Acknowledgement of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 29th April 2019 to file your Defence.

Not long now, but please don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to keep you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • Double_Dip
    Double_Dip Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2019 at 8:54AM
    Hi, AOS was completed and defence sumbitted, thanks.

Coupon-Mad, I removed link to pics on advice of Quetin on 19th of April, 9.13 am, shall I add link again? thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    You can always add photos when you need more help (NOT at DQ stage please, that is not a stage to ask about as it's fully covered in the NEWBIES thread and we need time to help those at other stages).

See you when you get a court date in the Summer and will be writing your WS.
  • Guys, I cannot thank you enough for your help. I put together my defence and witness statement based on your various posts and UKPC have failed to pay court fee, case dismissed.

I have donated £100 to CRISIS on behalf of all the great work you all do and MSE. Unfortunately I cannot leave an appropriate comment on the crisis payment page.

'Order ID: 434342
    Thank you JOSEPH for your generous support
    Your gift has been processed successfully

Thank you for making a donation of £100.00 to Crisis. You are amazing. Your donation will play a vital role in ending homelessness.

This will be debited from your card and appear on your statement as Crisis UK.'
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 11 March 2020 at 2:13PM
    Woohoo, just seen this post - how lovely that £100 went to charity instead of the chancers!

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST.

:smiley:
  • Double_Dip1
    Double_Dip1 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 March 2020 at 12:13PM
    For the benefit of anyone else who has received a parking ticket at Capability Green Business Park in Luton from UKPS, please refer to UK Parking Control Ltd vs Joe D'Souza (F0HW87H9) on 27th Feb 2020 at Watford County Court, where UKPS lost as UKPC could not prove that they had a contract with the landowners to provide said parking services at the time of receiving the fines. UKPS have a contract with a management services company but importantly NOT with the landowner. Please request proof that the management company are landowners, have title etc.
    Thank you everyone on the forum! I did try for full expenses, but the court wasn't having any of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure