Blue Light Card

Comments

• LeeRits
    LeeRits Posts: 657 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I've had mine a few months. Used it to buy a few cinema tickets for odeon (saved about £8) and got 20% off at nandos when I was out for food with the missus the other week :D
  • Frugalfamily3
    Frugalfamily3 Posts: 58 Forumite
    edited 15 September 2018 at 8:14AM
    This is a great little piece of plastic! I used mine in B@dy Shop this week and got 25% off, no minimum spend either. Also sent my sis-in-law some flowers and got 10% off. There's been other discounts too.

In total I've saved around £30 (excluding the initial £5 fee to get the card) and I've only had it for 2 months.
    Mortgage: £46,500 @ 1.97% (5 years left, aim for 3)
  • I tried to use it to book a cruise it gives extra OBC, but you have to book direct with P&O so if you have a agent who gives a discount you have to check which is better to use the card or have the discount off the agent.
    I did contact P&O all they would say was it had to be used at time of booking my agent phoned them with the code but they said they could only use the code if the booking was direct with the. I went via my agent as she gave a discount of £65 I think the OBC was £50 but I had the service of a agent to do all the paperwork.
    Hope that helps, But the card is worth having
  • Hi!

I’m writing an article about Blue Light Card for work, but as I’m not a member, I can’t see what discounts they offer.

Can someone ever so kindly tell me what discounts (if any) they offer for Center Parcs, ODEON, Zara and DFS?

Thank you! :beer:
  • LeeRits
    Hi!

I’m writing an article about Blue Light Card for work, but as I’m not a member, I can’t see what discounts they offer.

Can someone ever so kindly tell me what discounts (if any) they offer for Center Parcs, ODEON, Zara and DFS?

Thank you! :beer:

The only one in that list that offer discounts are ODEON.
    Reduced tickets as follows:
    Adult Tickets (Cinemas outside the M25) - £7.73
    Adult Tickets (Cinemas inside the M25) - £9.38
    Child Tickets (Cinemas outside the M25) - £6.01
    Child Tickets (Cinemas inside the M25) - £6.95
    Odeon Limitless Card (excluding central london) - 12 months £152.40 per person

Following cinemas excluded (Leicester Square, The Lounge at Whiteleys, BFI IMAX)
  • Thank you so much, BizKiTRoAcH! :beer:
  • LeeRits
    No problem :)
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you would have thought that the likes of Tesco would Blue light members the same discount as they give their staff (normally 10% but sometimes 20%)
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • girlchops
    girlchops Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi All,
    ICELAND is currently offering 10% discount to Blue light card holders and Emergency Services workers and associated volunteers that can show an ID until 16/12/18.
    Just show your ID or blue light card at the tills in store BUT it can be used online too. :j
    You can also continue to get the discount into January 2019 by using or signing up for their Bonus Card. I saw leaflets in store at the weekend and posted about it in the Discount thread but think it was missed.
    Please see here for more details
    https://www.iceland.co.uk/emergency-services
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5932550
    Please spread the word so as many as possible get to enjoy this benefit
    HTH :)
  • LeeRits
    zaax wrote: »
    you would have thought that the likes of Tesco would Blue light members the same discount as they give their staff (normally 10% but sometimes 20%)

Some of the discounts on the BLC are really good. Others are terrible. I found the apple ones very disappointing. Taking into account apple are one of the richest companies in the world... This is what apple offer...
    Discounts include:
    - 10% off Beats by Dre
    - 10% off Apple Branded accessories (including the new Stealth Grey Magic Mouse, Keyboard & Trackpad)
    - 10% off AppleCare for Mac
    - 6% off MacBook, New MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
    - 6% off iMac, iMac Pro, New Mac mini, Mac Pro
    - 6% off pre-installed Final Cut Pro X (on MacBook Pro, iMac & Mac Pro)
    - 6% off pre-installed Logic Pro X (on MacBook Pro, iMac & Mac Pro)
    - 6% off HomePod, Smart Keyboard for iPad Pro, Apple Pencil & Pencil case
    - 5% off iPod + free engraving
    - 2% off Apple TV & Apple TV 4K
    - 2% off iPad + free engraving
    - 2% off iPhone (iPhone XS,iPhone XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7Plus)
    - 2% off Apple Watch (Watch Series 3)

Current exclusions:
    - Apple Watch Series 4
    - New iPad Pro & New Apple Pencil
    - iPhone XR
    - AppleCare+
    - AirPods
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income