Tech temptation i phone xs.

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,819 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Yup. That's the reason why I like O2 Recycle. I've found that they do actually pay what they offer provided the phone is in reasonable condition for its age. But some other recyclers do offer more just to get the attention of the seller and then actually pay much less. Then we have the hassle of refusing and then waiting for the phone to be returned and then selling it again. But ebay is always an option.

O2 recycle are excellent though their valuations have dropped considerably past few mths possibly years.
    Music Magpie are a bit slower though I got full valuation for my SE last year -which reminds me maybe I'll use them again and get a little less than rpc -their reviews are also hit and miss -though I don't like the use of scam/avoid at all costs type reviews.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    edited 17 September 2018 at 9:19AM
    Recycle considerations -note o2 has dropped again over weekend.

I phone 8
    o2 290
    RPC -362
    Music Magpie -341
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Xs ordered couldn't resist.
    3-4 weeks deliver.
    Plent of time to re cycle i phone8
    Approx 48-49 pound monthly with 8 gig data-new contract though small re payment saving slightly beating i phone 8 though total cost across 30nths far exceeeds i phone 8.

Thanks mser's this is tech decision-the savings were kindly mentioned, hopefully xs will last a few yrs and I'll return to sim only eventually.
  • Phones on credit are always usually a consumer trap. Tempting people for a shiny new phone instead of just paying upfront for the phone (waiting until that models has dropped in price before buying or choosing a cheaper alternative phone that does all the same functions) and going SIM only with no contract - always cheaper in nearly every case, no credit slave or issues with credit ratings if billing goes wrong and in dispute and free to hop around on different SIM deals whenever you like.

Long credit packages of 24 months to 36 months are telecom/phone manufacturers dreams. They have locked into your money for a few years!
    'Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway'

W Buffett
  • Dandytf
    Goldcrypto wrote: »
    Phones on credit are always usually a consumer trap. Tempting people for a shiny new phone instead of just paying upfront for the phone (waiting until that models has dropped in price before buying or choosing a cheaper alternative phone that does all the same functions) and going SIM only with no contract - always cheaper in nearly every case, no credit slave or issues with credit ratings if billing goes wrong and in dispute and free to hop around on different SIM deals whenever you like.

Long credit packages of 24 months to 36 months are telecom/phone manufacturers dreams. They have locked into your money for a few years!

I daren't disagree valid points, thanks
    I enjoy my tech.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I like the look of the Iphone XS/X But contract prices are way to expensive...

Still use my Iphone 7 32gb
  • Dandytf
    edited 18 September 2018 at 7:44PM
    GTR_King wrote: »
    I like the look of the Iphone XS/X But contract prices are way to expensive...

Still use my Iphone 7 32gb

Very expensive though my 8 is also expensive as I agreed to insurance which added extra cost monthly total payments.
    In terms of monthly payments xS is 10-15 quid less
    The 30 mths total cost of xS is extortionate.
    I. Need to stop these early re cycles.
    IPad Air to pro 10.5
    Iphone se to 8
    8 to xS
    That's 3 early recycles
    At least iPad Pro finishes mid 2019-I'll complete that contract and save almost 30 quid monthly next year and i'ts a great home browsing device.
    There's lots of 6/7/8/x owners not upgrading yet.
    I haven't been de,lighted with 8 hopefully xS has better call volume-not sure if it was cause I activated wifi calling a few months earlier-lots of people are mentioning they can't hear me clearly which is disappointing.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    News article

(Lights blue touch paper and backs away) ;):D
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    DoaM wrote: »
    News article

Brilliant!! :rotfl::rotfl::T:T
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • DoaM wrote: »
    News article

Excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business