Can't Remove Bank Account

venomx
venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
edited 15 September 2018 at 10:30AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Hi, regarding my PayPal account. I had a pre-approved payment come out of an account which has no money in it last week, im now trying to remove this account because i never used it. however i get this message
"We're sorry, you can't remove this bank account because of a pending transaction. Please try again later. "

How long will i have to wait until i can remove it ? THanks

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Once the transaction has cleared and you have paid it.
  • venomx
    BoGoF wrote: »
    Once the transaction has cleared and you have paid it.

It's a savings account, and as far as i know money cannot come out the account, only in ?
    It's been saying that since tuesday.

I've just transferred some money into the account in the hope it pays it and clears
  • It will bounce back, and then say you owe the money. After you can update it. Just be patient
  • You may have to contact them to remove it - a bank account I tried to remove last week came up with the same error, even though I hadn't made a Paypal transaction with it for several months. Removed instantly over the phone.
  • venomx
    You may have to contact them to remove it - a bank account I tried to remove last week came up with the same error, even though I hadn't made a Paypal transaction with it for several months. Removed instantly over the phone.

Just spoke to a friendly guy and he said will have to wait until it bounces back next week :T
  • venomx wrote: »
    It's a savings account, and as far as i know money cannot come out the account, only in ?
    It's been saying that since tuesday.

I've just transferred some money into the account in the hope it pays it and clears
    If it's a savings account why have you linked it to paypal ?
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • I've been trying to remove a bank account that I no longer use from paypal for over a year now, always get that message every time I try even when no pending payments. I've tried emailing paypal but only ever get automated reply.
  • Fiona_CW wrote: »
    I've been trying to remove a bank account that I no longer use from paypal for over a year now, always get that message every time I try even when no pending payments. I've tried emailing paypal but only ever get automated reply.

Close the paypal account and start again with a new one?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure