Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Options

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gusman73 wrote: »
    We had a 9 hour delay from the UK to Majorca. Obviously there is a need for compensation.

what was the reason for the delay? Not all delays qualify for compensation
  • I was on this flight too and after some confusion with the afterflight team confusing this years claim with last years claim received this:-
    BOOKING REFERENCE: | CASE REFERENCE: CO-702538 | ISSUE DATE: 12/09/2018
    Dear Mr Clarke,
    Thank you for your communication with us, concerning your flight delay.
    We have reviewed the circumstances surrounding the delay of the flight and can confirm that in this instance the flight was delayed due to crew flight time limitations.

In this instance the disruption to the fleet was unprecedented, however all resources available were utilised to ensure that the flight operated at the first available opportunity.

We appreciate that you have requested compensation from us in respect of the delay, however as the cause of the delay was due to external factors over which we have no control we are not required to pay compensation under Regulation EC 261/2004 in these circumstances.
    Thank you for contacting us.
    Yours sincerely,

Sonali Jagtap
    Customer Contact Advisor
    TUI Customer Contact Team email: Aftertravel.Flightdelay@tui.co.uk

I have emailed them back stating I wish to appeal their decision and for their appeals process.
    I'll keep you informed of any news
    Andrew
  • korf wrote: »
    As an update for those who also have the same excuse from TUI the decision is now in and the airline have to pay up! :T

The airline has 28 days from the acceptance date to comply with the decision. So fingers crossed TUI behave and make payment soon.

Thanks again for all the info on this forum. Good luck to all those pursuing their own cases. Keep at it!

I was on this flight too and after some confusion with the afterflight team confusing this years claim with last years claim received this:-
    Dear Mr Clarke,
    We have reviewed the circumstances surrounding the delay of the flight and can confirm that in this instance the flight was delayed due to crew flight time limitations.

In this instance the disruption to the fleet was unprecedented, however all resources available were utilised to ensure that the flight operated at the first available opportunity.

We appreciate that you have requested compensation from us in respect of the delay, however as the cause of the delay was due to external factors over which we have no control we are not required to pay compensation under Regulation EC 261/2004 in these circumstances.
    Yours sincerely,

Sonali Jagtap
    Customer Contact Advisor

I have emailed them back stating I wish to appeal their decision and for their appeals process.
    Andrew
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can appeal all you like they will either just ignore you or send the same response.
    You now can either:
    1. walk away,
    2. go to an ADR
    3. hand over to Botts or EUClaim or
    4. DIY legal
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Shug61
    Options
    I was on this flight too and after some confusion with the afterflight team confusing this years claim with last years claim received this:-
    Dear Mr Clarke,

Yours sincerely,

Sonali Jagtap
    Customer Contact Advisor

Andrew

I had same sort of response months ago, just go to the CEDR website and enter a claim. Keep copies of dates and Tui responses as you will need to submit these.

My original reply from their Indian call centre ( or rejection centre) was crew limitations then they tried the weather a few days previously, but thanks to persistence and CEDR I got my claim paid in the end.

So much for crossing the Ts, dotting the is and putting U in the middle...
  • GerrytheMole
    Options
    Earlier this year my wife and I were delayed by a few hours on both outward and homeward journeys. Upon our return we claimed for the delays using the Resolver form. Initially we never got any replies, but this morning we got a cheque for £714 - RESULT: :T:j
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Earlier this year my wife and I were delayed by a few hours on both outward and homeward journeys. Upon our return we claimed for the delays using the Resolver form. Initially we never got any replies, but this morning we got a cheque for £714 - RESULT: :T:j

Hi Gerrythe Mole,

Is that payment for one flight delay only? 2x €400?

I presume you are still waiting for another cheque cos that amount seems a bit odd.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • GerrytheMole
    Options
    Hi Tyzap, I gotta say that we are both happy with the £714. There may well be another cheque on the way (which will not be refused ) but essentially we will settle for the £714. We are aware of the growing 'compensation culture' that could eventually push up prices.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Tyzap, I gotta say that we are both happy with the £714. There may well be another cheque on the way (which will not be refused ) but essentially we will settle for the £714. We are aware of the growing 'compensation culture' that could eventually push up prices.

Hi GerrytheMole,

I queried it because sometimes the airlines make mistakes but it's also not beyond them to be crafty and sly.

They will often try it on just to see if they can get away with it. In this case they may have processed one claim but not the other, it's hard to tell.

If they sent you the full amount and you then returned one cheque because you felt, for moral reasons maybe, that one was enough it would be your choice.

On the other hand I, personally, would feel aggrieved if they were doing it for immoral reasons.

On this forum we have seem instances of underpayment, for various reasons, and the claimant did not realise until it was mentioned here.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • ceewash
    ceewash Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shug61 wrote: »
    Mail them again. Be firm or they will ignore you. They will probably stall or ignore you but stick with it.

Alternatively start process with one of the firms earlier

Just an update- on ringing TUI they said they hadn't received the email and we would have to resend it. Then ring to see if they had received it. Think we are in for a long battle!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback