Shop & Scan

Comments

• xsunnysuex
    xsunnysuex Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I didn't know about an app. Do you have use it? I see it's on itunes. My phone is android.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    xsunnysuex wrote: »
    I didn't know about an app. Do you have use it? I see it's on itunes. My phone is android.

It is also in the Play Store. We received an email telling us to use the app in future. It is more labour intensive than previously.
  • lolly5648 wrote: »
    It is also in the Play Store. We received an email telling us to use the app in future. It is more labour intensive than previously.

I still had the e-mail still in my inbox, I would of found the points changes myself there <doh> - here's the info :
    Thank you for taking part in our Food On The Go panel. We'd like to tell you about some exciting new changes to the panel, and what you need to do to begin taking part in the new Food On The Go task using our mobile app.

The new app will allow you to tell us about an even wider range of items that you buy and places that you buy them from. We have summarised the key points about the new task below. Full details and instructions on how to take part can be found on our new website: https://www.fotg.co.uk/app.

Bonus points!

Download the app by Sunday 3rd August 2014, we will award an extra 1000 points as a bonus!

Advantages of the app
    With the new app, you can now quickly and easily scan the barcodes of all your items using the in-built barcode scanner. This means that you no longer have to manually enter each barcode number.
    You don't need to remember any codes for snacks or shops - now you can just select them from lists.
    You will have the opportunity to answer additional questionnaires regarding your food and drink purchases, for which you'll earn even more reward points.

What should I record in the app?
    Please tell us about all meals, snacks and drinks (excluding alcohol) that you purchase to be consumed outside of the home.
    These items should be items you've bought for yourself or others.
    Do not record any free items or items that were purchased for you by others.

How do I download the app?
    Simply click here on your mobile phone to go straight to the App Store.
    Alternatively, visit the App Store or Google Play Store from your mobile phone and search for "Food On The Go".
    Once downloaded, sign in using the panel number given at the top of this e-mail. There is no need to enter a password.
    After logging in open the Complete Registration survey and press Submit.
    Please visit our website for more details on data usage https://www.fotg.co.uk/app/FAQ .

Rewards changes

We have also made the following changes to the rewards that you will receive for carrying out the Food On The Go App task. Each week you will receive:
    250 points for the first occasion that you submit through the app that week.
    100 points for every additional occasion that you submit purchases through the app. Up to a maximum of 40 total occasions each week will be paid for.
    250 points if you tell us that you did not purchase anything by selecting the 'Nothing Bought' option in the app at the end of the week.
    All point rewards will be added to your household's Reward Account as before.

Thanks for your ongoing support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you any issues or queries and we hope that you enjoy using the new app.

Kind regards,
    Food On The Go Helpdesk Team

http://www.fotg.co.uk/app
    helpdesk@fotg.co.uk
    Free phone: 0500 560 152
  • xsunnysuex
    edited 25 August 2014 at 5:43PM
    Ohh I didn't get that email. Unless I missed it. What date was on the email please?
    And what was in the subject line? Looking to see if I can find it.
  • xsunnysuex wrote: »
    Ohh I didn't get that email. Unless I missed it. What date was on the email please?
    And what was in the subject line? Looking to see if I can find it.

It was sent on July 31st and the subject line is: Food On The Go - Upgrade to our mobile app

Hope you find it, if you've any trouble give them a call as you'll need the log in id for the app ... hope that helps :)
  • xsunnysuex
    I couldn't find an email. So I called them this morning. They said there were only a few members invited. It is a trial at the moment. And if it works ok, all members will be changed to the app in small amounts.
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Odd I was invited to use the app but hadn't been on the fotg panel previously (at least if I was I never submitted anything to them!)
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • Just received a text from them to say that any sent via SMS won't be awarded points, no no points for last week then! :mad: and that points will only be awarded to those sent via the app - wish I wasn't one of the ones that was invited , it's all gone downhill since :eek:
  • littlewren
    littlewren Posts: 1,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I was on the Food Diary panel every few months, filling out the paper booklet, up until about 6 months ago. I then didn't receive one so I gave them a call and it appears they don't need me to do that diary anymore now......because of my age :(:(
    Money, money, money, must be funny, in the rich man's World!
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    How long do they take to answer emails as I have changed my computer and now on Windows 8.1 and that doesn't seem compatible with their system
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback