A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    [FONT=&quot]Would the annoyance you feel towards the doctor give you some extra motivation to succeed in losing the 8lb and the ultimate goal of reducing your meds? If it would then don’t do anything and get to your goal and prove him wrong. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’m not saying this is the right thing to do as I do agree with milann but it was just a thought. [/FONT]
  • 8lbs in five weeks sounds doable. Good luck it :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Sunday I worked at that client and got 2 small things ticked off plus other day to day things sorted. Yesterday was a long day at the client south of Dublin but we are making progress. Today I am tired but determined. I need to eat well / better to fuel myself and this will be helped by my stopping into Aldi yesterday when over the non border! On Sunday I got all the ironing cleared up after work and I found an item that dd wanted that is no longer used here so that is exiting the house today in a Jiffy envelope along with her forgotten headphones and earrings.

DH and I will be back at the distant client on Friday so we need to figure out what to do with the furry one. It’s too long a day for her to be cooped up. Yesterday DH lodged a cheque for me which helps the balance on the business account. Today I need to transfer funds from there to pay myself for September plus expenses. Today I also need to visit the sparks shop as I have a money off voucher for the food hall and sb vouchers equivalent to the minimum spend. Today is that last day of the voucher so this will be used to procure some goodies for the big day that is 10 weeks away. It looks like we will be entertaining more than was anticipated. I am hoping to do this as cost effectively as possible between home made (cheesy roll ups anyone?), money off and loyalty points and sb/gfk vouchers. Like all of my plans however, this may come to nothing.

Today I need new tyres on my car. I’m driving distances so they need to be good. The cost is also included in my service pack so it’s mad not to. Tomorrow I will get the car cleaned. I need to keep the lights and windscreens clear for driving in what can be filthy weather.

Today I am grateful for
    Safe travels
    Possibilities for some client staff
    Breakfast in bed courtesy of dh
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,569 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Home made sounds like a good plan for the festivities. If you get chance you could pre freeze bits and pieces now to take the pressure off. I am going to freeze some home made sausage rolls - so much nicer than shop bought and small squares of puff pastry ( about 1 - 1 1/2 inches) with a small thumb indent in which you add a bit of pesto or spicy based sauce, half a cherry tomato and grate some grated cheese on top. Dead cheap and tasty and fill a buffet table quite nicely :money::D
    January spends - £587.58
  • That sounds like a good idea to save time from Milann :).

You're so busy that you make me feel tired just reading about it! How often do you take a whole weekend off?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • I rarely take a full weekend off and won’t have one between now and my holiday as I’m juggling clients. I’d love to say it’s a consequence of self employment but I have always been like that. Yesterday I got some more stuff done at the client and followed up with another. I was gifted some cooked chicken for furry face and two ready meals for dh.

I visited the sparks shop after work at ended up buying and extra box of biscuits that will go towards the Christmas stash. The order in which it applies discounts meant that I’d have been charged £4 more if I hadn’t bought them. I also got another £5 off voucher valid for just over two weeks.

Today I need to get going. Clearance finally came through so have a new staff member starting today. I also have a three o’clock meeting that I hope will create a plan of action.

Today I am grateful for
    Whoopsied items and vouchers
    A conversation with dd
    A 400 sb survey
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • You did well at Sparks!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I have no idea what my yesterday was about. Today I am grateful for
    A service pack on my lease car that means the tyres are replaced at zero additional cost to me
    DD recovering well from a cold
    A missing tcb transaction being found
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Just caught up with your diary. You sound like you're rushed off your feet! Hope you've managed some rest time. You must be SO looking forward to your holiday!
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • You are so busy, it is amazing.

I can't remember when you go on holiday and my internet/laptop is so slow by the time I load the page you will have come back from holiday!

Enjoy it :) XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport