Toyota Financial Services

Declan1992
Declan1992 Posts: 62 Forumite
Hi,

Not sure this is the right section but here we go.

My partner had a finance agreement I believe it was HP with Toyota financial services.

She returned the car instead of paying her balloon payment back at the end of February. They did there usual handover and stated the condition of the car and we signed to say we didn’t agree with the condition stated but wished the car to be returned.

They came back with a bill for around £600 worth of Damage to her aygo.

We called them and disputed this as damage was also including the lack of a spare key which was not in the original handover and was paid for extra.

Long story short, they came down to £350 worth for the damage which we again disputed and they stated they would raise it as a dispute and said they’d come back to us within 28 days as the car was set to be auctioned.

Now fast forward 6 months and they’ve sent a ‘Formal Demand’ for payment of £763.52.

Now this agreement is stated as settled and closed on her credit file.

Where do we stand with this? Any advice on next steps before I give them a call.

They say payment is due within the next 7 days.

Cheers

Dec

Comments

• Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    What paperwork do you have? Did you agree and pay the £350?
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Was the car damaged when you returned it or not? If you dispute the condition stated on the paperwork thats one thing, but if you dispute that there was say a dent in the door when the actually was then how can you dispute it?

Would of been a good idea to of accepted the £350 now eh?
  • The paperwork says it was mainly cosmetic damage. After speaking to them, they don’t have the car any longer and don’t have the video showing the damage or photos.

They are now demanding £271.87 for the Rrh door card replacement.

I’ve asked for 14 days to consider my position as I dispute there findings.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 August 2019 at 7:58AM
    You keep saying you "dispute their findings" without clarifying what that means, it all sounds a bit vague and in itself is unlikely to get you anywhere without something a bit more substantial behind it.

For example with the door card. If Toyota are saying the door card is damaged beyond fair wear and tear you can't just respond with "well it looked alright to me", you need to compare the condition of the door card with the BVLRA guidelines and ditto with any other issues.
  • Declan1992
    Declan1992 Posts: 62 Forumite
    They have said it was ‘damaged’ that is all they have said.

There was a few marks on it but none above wear and tear and what you would expect from normal everyday use.
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Can you be clear about what paperwork you have?

What do you have that disputes the condition? Did you record the condition of the disputed parts - e.g. with photos at the time? What documentation have you received from Toyota in response to your concerns?

Did you receive any confirmation from Toyota that a dispute had been raised, and what happened from that point onwards? What happened after the 28 days had passed - had you received new documents from Toyota, or did you chase them if you received nothing?

If you want opinions then you need to stop being vague.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    OP have a look at this site,https://www.hitachicapitalvehiclesolutions.co.uk/personal-leasing/fair-wear-tear although it's Hitachi Finance I'd be pretty sure Toyota will be going by similar guidelines. Scroll down to the Car Fair Wear and Tear guidelines and download the BVLRA guidelines, have a read through it and see how the return condition of your partner's car compares with the guidelines. You'll see that there should be NO scratches, burns, tears dents or staining on interior trim.

Make notes as you go through the guidelines to compare the condition of the car on return with the standards. This may or may not help you.
  • Gycraig
    Gycraig Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If they haven't got the pictures anymore they are going to struggle really
  • Sorry for the delayed response but after 2 phone calls they’ve credited the whole amount to the account and none is due.

It’s just goes to prove how many people actually pay the ridiculous costs when in reality there is no need to.

Have had the letter today saying the account is closed and reported as fully paid etc to credit agencies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure