Could really please do with some advice.

I'm really hoping you can help guys!

I'm in the process of folding my Ink Cartridge business after 12 years. In total my business and myself owe £32500. I was looking to release equity from our house as we're very lucky we only owe just under 2k on it now. I work part time as a Caretaker (16 hours a week), Football coach (Zero Hours Contract) and do Window Cleaning. But I've only been doing the coaching and Window cleaning for about a year. We went to the bank to remortgage the house to consolidate the debts - but they had to decline it because the only valid income at the moment is the Caretaker role as I've been doing that 2 years. The house is approximately worth 185k. Really not sure what to do or how to proceed :( My other half will be a joint applicant btw. She earns about £1200 after tax.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Ken

Comments

• Go to the DFW boards for advice on cutting costs and other options.

Consolidation isn't an option for you in your circumstances.
  • Thanks for your reply!
  • Will you pay tax or will you earn less than tax allowance. Not quite an answer to your question but if you earn less than the tax allowance you can swop some of it to your wife to reduce her tax bill. Might help with cash flow in the short term.
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213 - March 24 16.6k
    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Dec 23- just under 69k
  • [FONT=&quot]Thanks I at the moment earn about 12K :( I really did think we would be able to mortgage the house as that ends next year. My mrs has a great credit score - but mines now bad! So we're thinking about getting a personal loan on her side over 7 years to pay all the business overdraft and other costs off. Then I need to make about £300 a week to pay my debts off over the next few years. I also lease a car which is going back in March - so that will bring it down too. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do you guys think that's the best course of action?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks so much again![/FONT]
  • Neither of your credit scores are of any relevance. It's about how a lender assesses your risk and affordability.

Both of you appear to have fairly low incomes, which will make getting a further loan difficult, especially given the high risk nature of consolidation.

More credit doesn't look like the answer to your problems, but more effective money management.
  • Thanks for the input :)
  • Been up all night :( Do you think a debt management plan may be the way to go?
  • Have you posted on debt free wannabe yet?
  • Thanks for the help. No! I'll post later. I'm very thankful for the replies!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure