Data Protection Advice / Company Breach

Wren10
Wren10 Posts: 32 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 11 September 2019 at 12:22PM in Consumer rights
Issue resolved bu other means. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you've told them that the customer is the company then I can't see anything wrong with them trying to contact the company. The company's phone number is (I presume) public knowledge.
  • davidmcn wrote: »
    If you've told them that the customer is the company then I can't see anything wrong with them trying to contact the company. The company's phone number is (I presume) public knowledge.

The number they called on isn't actually for the exact company on the invoice, they've just assumed they've found it and called our sister company. I provided the correct details at the time of placing the order. But surely they shouldn't be talking about my account with other members of staff and explaining the situation to them? The invoice is in my name, with my home address on, and just the company name as a reference.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If you think there has been a breach then report it to the ICO. Personally I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill and you contributed to any confusion by putting the company name as a reference. Not unreasonable for them to contact the company imo.
  • BoGoF wrote: »
    If you think there has been a breach then report it to the ICO. Personally I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill and you contributed to any confusion by putting the company name as a reference. Not unreasonable for them to contact the company imo.

My issue is more with the fact that they have just spoken with anyone (knowing it's not me) about the situation, informing them of all the details when it's a matter between myself and the company. They have my contact details, and rather than give me a couple of days to respond they have taken to calling my place of work to cause issues.
  • Wren10 wrote: »
    The number they called on isn't actually for the exact company on the invoice, they've just assumed they've found it and called our sister company. I provided the correct details at the time of placing the order. But surely they shouldn't be talking about my account with other members of staff and explaining the situation to them? The invoice is in my name, with my home address on, and just the company name as a reference.

A reference to the tax deductible expense you mean...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure