Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Familyguy28
    • By Familyguy28 22nd Aug 19, 10:35 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Familyguy28
    Defence Deadline Help Please
    • 22nd Aug 19, 10:35 PM
    Defence Deadline Help Please 22nd Aug 19 at 10:35 PM
    Hi All,

I received a Claim Form for unpaid PCN's - The issue date was 26th July 2019 and I completed the Acknowledgement of Service on 9th August 2019 (14 days later)... Am I right in thinking tomorrow 23rd August 2019 is the deadline for the defence or do i add on 5 service days?

Please help me
Page 2
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Aug 19, 10:48 AM
    • 24,567 Posts
    • 31,299 Thanks
    Redx
    I would add them after 11) and renumber so 12 becomes the last number , previously it was 20) so possibly similar ?

I also noticed a paragraph talking about the BPA Cop and also the IPC CoP , I have no idea why both are mentioned , as PP is in the BPA afaik
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Familyguy28
    • By Familyguy28 28th Aug 19, 11:36 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Familyguy28
    Hi Redx,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I thought the arguments were relevant to my situation. Should I take the whole paragraphs out if so would this be the paragraph after number 11?

Oh my god I feel like I have completely messed this up and I should of just kept the first draft.

I am not going to have time to make all these changes on my lunch break

I have no idea what to do.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 28th Aug 19, 12:18 PM
    • 24,567 Posts
    • 31,299 Thanks
    Redx
    I never said remove any paragraphs so your question makes no sense to me

I would add all the abuse of process paragraphs in the previous draft , before 12 , thereby moving paragraph12 to the very end , then renumber from 11 onwards, so what is now 12 becomes something like 19 or 20 or whatever

Post #13 told you to object to those additional charges, hence adding the abuse of process paragraphs back in

Your paragraph referencing both Cop,s makes no sense to me , because the claimant isn't a member of the IPC , so check the reasons why the IPC was mentioned , it didn't appear by chance and I have no idea why you mentioned the IPC ?
    Last edited by Redx; 28-08-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Aug 19, 1:38 AM
    • 75,753 Posts
    • 88,769 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yesterday, 4:55 AM
    Jeez you stayed up later than I do sometimes!

Did you get the defence signed & dated & emailed to the CCBC?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Familyguy28
    • By Familyguy28 30th Aug 19, 12:52 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Familyguy28
    Hi All,

Thank you for your assistance so far in this matter.

Yes, I made the recommended changes and submitted my defence at around 15:20 (Cutting it extremely fine).

I've just logged in and the latest update is "your defence was received 28/08/2019"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

922Posts Today

6,789Users online

Martin's Twitter