PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I hope you have had some feedback from the vet Wednesday and she's soon back home again and feeling much better .

I've been having a pottering kind of day . We have a sunny day and it's quite warm . It rained yesterday evening and on through the night so today was unexpected .

Hope everyone is well .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I hope you have had some feedback from the vet Wednesday and she's soon back home again and feeling much better .
    I was only thinking the same thing myself, today.

Mr LW has kindly done my hair for me - trimmed the ends and applied a colour, so I no longer look like a red-and-silver badger.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pollyanna_26
    Hi LW I know you always feel a lot better with the colour done . I gave up many years ago too much time and pain at the hairdressers .
    Youngest does her own when she can with a little help from her friends if needed .
    Have you had today's sunshine in Concrete Cow Country? It's dried some washing but I'm hoping it will cool down for bed .
    polly:)

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good evening everyone,
    I hope pusscat is recovering.
    I'm suffering from the aftermath of getting my hair cut on Friday and staying with friends on Saturday. But do you know what it was worth it:D. I've decided that as I frequently feel dire without doing very much that I'm still going to try to live as full a life as I can - life as they say is too short not too!:)
    Polly - you asked about the new meds settling in. Well tbh their not so I'm hoping I can stop them come October, I have enough going on without feeling doped up most of the time without seeing much if any benefit:mad:
  • pollyanna_26
    Hi caronc .It's worth doing what you can when you can . We've been trying do do some nice things but dd is pretty wiped out for at least three days a week due to the MTX .
    The meds may yet settle in . Some can take longer than a month , we can but hope .
    I do have some good news on dds ESA assessment . We had one problem as in spite of the doctors intervention her face to face at home was refused and she had to attend a centre a long distance away .
    It's was quite a gap between that letter and the appointment so she was pretty anxious . We went on the last week in July and every member of staff were lovely . The examining doctor came into the waiting room to call us through holding the door open for us both .
    On our way to the examination room she introduced herself and told us her qualifications etc .
    It was a long discussion and a gentle examination .
    One way and another it was a long day . Last Friday the brown envelope arrived Support Group .
    We have been very fortunate with both assessments . We've met two angels and it was worth every bit of gathering all the paperwork and dotting every i and crossing every t . We are so thankful for our one in a million GP .
    I hope you get more days out . Both yourself and LW have the bonus of having sorted your hair which always gives a lift .

Hope all are well , only two sleeps LW and your guest will arrive :)

polly

• LameWolf
    Hi LW I know you always feel a lot better with the colour done . I gave up many years ago too much time and pain at the hairdressers .
    Youngest does her own when she can with a little help from her friends if needed .
    Have you had today's sunshine in Concrete Cow Country? It's dried some washing but I'm hoping it will cool down for bed .
    polly:)
    I could no more have a hairdresser do my hair than fly to the moon; I absolutely hate having anyone other than Mr LW touching me; I had a bad time of it at the audiologist's today, as the usual lady I see was off sick, and they'd booked me in with a man. I was going to say No and just reschedule it; but another patient with the same appointment time as me and booked in with the locum lady offered to swap, as she said she didn't mind seeing the man. It was extremely kind of her, I thought.:A
    I have a complete phobia of any man other than Mr LW laying so much as a finger on me, so I just couldn't have coped with a man I'd never clapped eyes on before examining my ears.

I also have the GP on Friday, and the optician on Monday. :( However I'm booked in with a female GP and I have requested a female optometrist - and the downstairs examination room, so hopefully will get through without a full-on panic attack. *crosses fingers*.

Yes, some sunshine today; enough for me to be dripping with perspiration most of the afternoon. (sorry if TMI). No washing today though, I did it all yesterday. ;)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi caronc .It's worth doing what you can when you can . We've been trying do do some nice things but dd is pretty wiped out for at least three days a week due to the MTX .
    The meds may yet settle in . Some can take longer than a month , we can but hope .
    I do have some good news on dds ESA assessment . We had one problem as in spite of the doctors intervention her face to face at home was refused and she had to attend a centre a long distance away .
    It's was quite a gap between that letter and the appointment so she was pretty anxious . We went on the last week in July and every member of staff were lovely . The examining doctor came into the waiting room to call us through holding the door open for us both .
    On our way to the examination room she introduced herself and told us her qualifications etc .
    It was a long discussion and a gentle examination .
    One way and another it was a long day . Last Friday the brown envelope arrived Support Group .
    We have been very fortunate with both assessments . We've met two angels and it was worth every bit of gathering all the paperwork and dotting every i and crossing every t . We are so thankful for our one in a million GP .
    I hope you get more days out . Both yourself and LW have the bonus of having sorted your hair which always gives a lift .

Hope all are well , only two sleeps LW and your guest will arrive :)

polly
    Thanks polly , I'm glad your daughter got the ESA outcome she deserved:)
  • I picked up my cat yesterday evening and the vet said she thought it was a liver infection so she has to be on a lot of medication every day. I had told the vet that I was on medication myself and was a little fuzzy (!) and so she was nice and wrote everything down for me. I wrote it all down again with my husband when I got home to make sure we were giving her everything correctly.

I hope that is all it is as it could be something more serious. We gave her her tablets this morning and she ate a little bit of chicken too and is sleeping now.

I felt knackered when I got in yesterday considering I had only walked to the bus stop and taken a taxi home. The waiting room was very busy and full of barking dogs and I always find that much noise unsettling. The vet is in a very busy part of London too, but they are excellent so I keep using them.

It's something I have been thinking about for a while, moving house to a quieter area... We have stayed here because of my husband's job, but who knows what will happen if his employer decides to fire him as he has had so much time off due to being ill.
  • LameWolf
    Thanks for the update Wednesday; hopefully the medication the vet has prescribed will soon have kitty back on her paws; healing vibes on the way to her.
  • pollyanna_26
    LW It's heartening to read about the lady who changed places with you . If we look closely there are random acts of kindness all around . I always try to be kind in such situations even as simple as letting someone go ahead of me when they have a basket and I have a trolly in a shop . Hope the rest of the appointments go well .
    If I remember rightly Cookie should be with you now , enjoy .
    Thanks for your kind comment caronc we're relieved it's all over and done . Hope you feel ok and you are getting in the garden if not further afield .
    Wednesday Glad to read your cat is back home , hope the meds help her and she recovers soon .
    Hi to Tink, maddie and all .

DD and I have both been in a Sciatica flare over the last couple of days . It's been very hot and humid and I suspect it's triggered us both .I couldn't post yesterday as I was struggling to sit down .
    I feel a lot better now but dd hasn't slept for over two days , I've had to rearrange her 2 weekly Drs appt as she wont make it tomorrow so that will be next week instead . Once total exhaustion knocks her out the meds should have a better chance of relieving the pain .
    I have to nip to the pharmacy in town tomorrow and do a few other things and hope to do nothing this weekend !!!

Sending you all good vibes and warm wishes .
    polly x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport