Clearscore

Options

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sambuca9 wrote: »
    I had the same issue, I reported it and they have responded and said that there was a problem, they have issued a fix and when I logged in today, it is now showing correctly.

Excellent I'll report it via the proper channel and see what happens. The funny thing is the cards been £2 in credit for over a year.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • ClearScore
    ClearScore Posts: 19 Organisation Representative
    edited 2 December 2015 at 10:44AM
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    On my clearscore it says:

You have exceeded your credit card limit several times in the past year (e.g. £2050 statement on £1500 limit for credit card on 2015-08-03)

That's not true I've never exceed my credit limit. I requested for my credit limited to be reduced from £3000 - £1500 when I had a nil balance and has been for nearly 2 years now.

Could you please explain ?

Hi StClair,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this problem. As we cannot discuss individual cases in the public forum, the best route would be to fill out this form https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/2 - someone will be in touch with you soon. Once you have emailed in, they will be able to look at your individual file to understand the issue. We respond to all queries and it's important to us to solve any issues our customers encounter.
    nidO wrote: »
    For Clearscore: There seems to be an issue with the way your report parses mortgages - I have a mortgage with Nationwide which I product switched at the start of 2014 onto a new fixed rate.

Despite this only ever being 1 mortgage with 1 set of repayments and this showing correctly both on Equifax's direct report and elsewhere (Noddle), the Clearscore website is reporting this as two entirely different mortgages, one with the balance as it was at the beginning of last year prior to its product switch and showing no payments made to it since, and one with the correct current balance and repayments.

This is then impacting the "Long term debt total" figure you're presenting, as it's showing my outstanding mortgage balance for this mortgage as being nearly twice what it really is.

Would this be an issue to raise as a dispute with Equifax (given that their own report does not contain this mistake) or your own website?
    If the former, your form for doing so could do with improving as the form asks me to provide as much detail as possible then limits me to 250 characters, barely enough to even summarise the issue, let alone provide details on it. If the latter, I can't find any obvious way to do so.

Hi Nido,

Thank you for your feedback. We take all comments on board and we're always looking at how we can improve our service - thank your for letting us know about your experience. As you have already raise a query with our customer operations team, they will be in touch with you shortly. They will let you know what the best course of action should be regarding this issue.

Regards,
    Aleksandra from ClearScore
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of ClearScore. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • glentoran99
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    no defaults?...thats what I thought a few moths ago.

try checking 'closed' accounts, might help.

Nope all nice and green
  • agarnett
    agarnett Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Options
    Where did Clearscore obtain our personal data please?
  • billyidol
    Options
    I registered with this service around eight weeks ago. Since registering I have been inundated with spam emails for financial products/ppl and other associated services. I have been away for 10 days and in this time I have received over 340 emails for financially associated products. I have not signed my email to any other service so know that this is connected to this service.

Not what I expected.
  • agarnett
    Options
    It is the Equifax data.
    Says who? Equifax have a lot of data which needs keeping up to date and relevant. When did they give data to Clearscore? Did they give all their data to Clearscore? Did they give slap bang up to date data to Clearscore? Do they continue to do so?

There seems to be a lot of criticism of the accuracy of the data versus Equifax. How can that be if it is the same data?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    agarnett wrote: »
    Says who?

CleraScore.

https://help.clearscore.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/118/2/where-do-you-get-my-score-and-report-from:
    Where do you get my score and report from?

ClearScore partners with Equifax to give you access to your credit report and score. Equifax are one of three UK credit reference agencies.

Differences are perhaps due to the way the information is presented. ClearScore appears to attempt to interpret it in a more friendly format.

An example of where this fails is that it says I make minimum payments towards the outstanding balances on my credit card. This is incorrect because, except for one which I'm stoozing, I pay credit cards balances in full every month.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 13 September 2015 at 3:00PM
    Options
    https://www.clearscore.com/terms/
    3. CLEAR SCORE SERVICES

3.1 We are dedicated to helping our users gain more control over their financial wellbeing by obtaining their credit report and credit score from Credit Reference Agencies and providing free access to them. We also use this information to provide our users with matched offers of third party credit products which are tailored to their profile and could help them save money.

3.2 On your acceptance of these Terms and our acceptance of your application for our services, you engage us as a service provider to provide you with the following services:

3.2.1 obtain on a monthly basis on your behalf, as your authorised agent and representative, copies of your credit report and credit score from designated Credit Reference Agencies.
    Please note that all costs for the retrieval and presentation of the credit report and credit score are paid for by us;

3.2.2 hold on our systems and make this credit information available to you through our website. After you register for our service we will take you through an ID validation process to securely identify you as an individual with a credit report. Once your identity has been validated, we will then provide you with a copy of your credit report and credit score. Provided you remain an active user of our services (as described in paragraph 3.5 below), we will download from a Credit Reference Agency an updated copy of your credit report and credit score on a monthly basis and alert you via email that a new report is available. If there has been a significant change or addition to information in your credit score or credit report, we may notify you of that change by sending you an email alert;

3.2.3 undertake analysis and profiling of your and, where applicable, your financial associates’ (meaning any person with whom you have a joint financial account or mortgage, have made a joint credit application or have a joint court judgment) credit information (and any other information provided by you or on your behalf) and/or to make tools available to you to do so yourself, to assist you in being better informed about, understand and manage your credit position, and in order to identify and inform you of credit products (including personal loans and credit cards) that are likely to be suited to your credit circumstances; and

3.2.4 using your credit information and any other data you provide or make available to us for the purposes set out in these Terms, including our Privacy Policy, (together our “Services”).

3.3 Certain parts of our Services are supplied to us by our third party service providers such as Credit Reference Agencies. To undertake ID validation and to provide our Services we need to share information collected from you with our service providers, as further detailed in our Privacy Policy.

3.4 YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WHEN WE ACCESS AND RETRIEVE INFORMATION FROM CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES WE ARE DOING SO AS YOUR AGENT AND REPRESENTATIVE. YOU AGREE THAT CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES SHALL BE ENTITLED TO RELY ON THE FOREGOING AUTHORISATION AND AGENCY GRANTED BY YOU.

3.5 You will only receive monthly updates to your credit score and credit report while you remain an active user of our Services. You will cease to be an active user if you do not log in to your account for more than 364 days. We will be entitled to stop providing you with monthly updates and close and delete your account if you do not log in to your account in any 364 day period. Before we end provision of our Services and our website and close and delete your account we will send you an email to alert you of our intention to do so. To resume the service, simply log in to your account within one month of receipt of the email alert.

3.6 We will use third party service providers to identify and provide you with information of credit products that we consider are relevant to your credit rating. We aim to present only the economically advantageous products that you have a strong likelihood of being accepted for based on the merits of the product and your profile.

3.7 We do not charge you for the use of our website or our Services. However, we may receive commission if you purchase a product from a provider or issuer of credit whose information we have provided to you through advertising on our website or otherwise. Where possible and applicable we will provide a description of the basis of the commission that we earn with each product offer on our website.

3.8 Any information provided to you as part of our Services is only as accurate, complete and up to date as the information supplied to us by the Credit Reference Agency or other third party we use to obtain this information. We do not check the information we receive from third parties for accuracy or completeness. We do not assume responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy, deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any user information, communications or personalisation settings.

3.9 If you have a query or dispute in respect of the Services, please contact us directly using the details provided in section 18 headed “Contact Us”. If the query or dispute relates to any information we have obtained from a Credit Reference Agency or third party service provider, we may refer the query or dispute to them if we deem appropriate.

3.10 By using our Services, your records and, where applicable, those of your financial associates will be searched. Searches are carried out as follows:

3.10.1 as part of verifying your identity, we will carry out an authentication search against your credit information. This search will be carried out once at the time you register for our Services;

3.10.2 whilst you remain an active user of our Services as described in paragraph 3.5 above, we will carry out searches against your credit information on a monthly basis (i.e. a maximum total of 12 searches in any 12 month period) in order to provide you with your credit score and credit report; and

3.10.3 we or our third party service providers will carry out searches against your and, where applicable, your financial associates’ credit information on the first occasion you log into your account in each month (i.e. a maximum of 12 searches in any 12 month period). We use these searches to identify and inform you of credit products (including personal loans and credit cards) that we consider are likely to interest you or be suited to your credit circumstances as further described in paragraph 3.2.3 above.

3.11 The Credit Reference Agency will keep a record of each search and place a “footprint” on your credit file. The types of footprints our searches leave do not affect your credit rating. They will not be seen by banks and issuers of credit when you apply for their products and are removed from your credit file after a year.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 September 2015 at 3:20PM
    Options
    Just tried Clearscore. Very pretty but I prefer Noddle's layouts, and find Noddle's black type on white background much much easier to read.

All accurate, anyway, so no problems. But neither Noddle nor Clearscore have all my financial accounts, I presume the missing ones must be on Experian.

Also, like an earlier poster, I didn't like the blanket statement 'you have very few or no accounts in arrears.' I have no accounts in arrears, thank you, and I feel it should say exactly that.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• agarnett
    Options
    Equifax and Clearscore say so; as for your other questions, I don't know or really care, so do your own googling.
    Oh so touchy.

I didn't have to Google to realise that Clearscore are only gaining limited access to data and purely on the strength that punters are basically unwittingly signing away their right to privacy of their personal data to an unknown entity (Clearscore) who actually plan to do goodness knows what with it.

Clearly the data they obtain is not Equifax's complete data sets and to be honest it looks like Equifax are selling them old data each month.

Furthermore, Clearscore are, without any proper justification, applying their own wobbly interpretations to the dodgy out of date data they obtain i.e. they are actually taking second-hand data of whatever vintage Equifax let them have, but then interpreting it in their own words thus actually creating and then storing punters' personal data on a whim. I fail to see how this is DPA compliant practice for any data controller, and what is their game plan. Once they get enough "permissions" from gullible punters, will they be making a play to be a full blown CRA?

How is Clearscore a good thing?

Lambs to the slaughter comes to mind, and MSE are effectively condoning it, which surely is a bad thing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback