Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Comments

• Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Some good deals early on, I got 2 x return NCL>TFS for £148
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • This is my experience of Easyjet's Price Promise "Guarantee"...

Got up early this morning to secure flights only to find a few hours later they were cheaper.

Called their Customer Service number as you suggest. Waited for 15 minutes on hold. The person I spoke to said I couldn't have a credit as the rate was promotional as it had a orange band on it saying "Lowest Fare" however the flight that I was calling about (that was cheaper) didn't actually have that on it. She gave me a different flight time than the one I had booked. When I pointed out that was incorrect the line suddenly dead!!

At this point, the cost of the flight had gone up, which I think she was hoping for, so there was no point in calling back.

Totally useless & a waste of my time!
  • I managed to get a good deal early this morning, decided to get my Xmas flights knowing that I'll probably be working until the 23rd.

Flying into Luton from Madrid on the 24th, returning from Gatwick on the 4th Jan (visiting various relatives in the UK). 2 adults and 2 children with 2 cases for 315 euros. Just checked and it's gone up to 437 euros.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    My flight PFO-MAN was £100 at 09.00 today - it was £148 at 19.00
  • Dorsetgal
    Dorsetgal Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2016 at 11:31PM
    My return flights LGW-Tenerife are now (11.pm) £270 for 3 people.

I'm glad I booked at 8am for under £200. Thank you Martin and team!
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    adindas wrote: »
    I understand that we will need to download the apps if we want an electronic tickets.

I am reluctant to download the apps, as I travel with different budget airlines all the time. Each budget airlines will have its own apps and I do not want too many apps on my mobile Phone.

I understand that all of the barcode is still be able to be scanned. If I download the PDF ticket which already have a barcode (instead of apps) and save in my Mobile. Could I use this PDF file as an electronic to replace the hardcopy ? Have anyone tried it and confirm that it is acceptable for Easy Jet, Ryan air, Norwaegian Air etc ?? Thank you for your time

I assume when you say ticket, you mean Boarding Pass. easyJet policy as per their website is that they do not allow PDF boarding passes to be used on a phone/tablet, they are only valid printed on paper. If you want to use mobile BPs, you would need the app. Perhaps someone has tried and got away with it, but they do specifically say it is not allowed.

I don't know about the policy of the other airlines you mention. If you fly reasonably often, I think it's worth having the apps. They don't use up too much memory, I have both easyJet and Ryanair apps on my phone and they use a total of 140MB memory between them, including the data as well as the apps themselves. Your choice, of course.
  • SW17
    SW17 Posts: 855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Could the eBoarding Pass fromRyan air, Easy jet apps wor offline or, It will need a data connection ??

If you have an iPhone, yes they definitely work offline, you need to be online to download them, but they can then be stored offline in Passbook for both easyJet and Ryanair apps.

I'm not an Android user, but the below link seems to indicate that you can also store boarding passes offline with the Android version of the easyJet app, not sure about Ryanair's Android app.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/mobile/mobile-boarding-passes
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Could the eBoarding Pass fromRyan air, Easy jet apps wor offline or, It will need a data connection ??
    Once you have booked, checked in and produced your boarding pass on the app, it will endure regardless of your phone being offline.

With early app versions it did tend to evaporate, but staff can see that you're checked in an will issue a paper pass. Twice mine vanished between security and the boarding gate, but staff understood and boarded me, no problem. This (the failure) no longer happens.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Is it really true that you could access it even offline without the need to save it into your devices first ??
    You can try it for yourself - close the app, switch off any wifi or data connection, open the app and see if your boarding pass is still there.

It would not be a very useful tool for the airline or its customers if the boarding pass is not retained within the app.

If you're still not confident, take a screenshot of the boarding pass and use that.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • macloud
    macloud Posts: 13 Forumite
    Turning up early (2+ hrs ?) for our EasyJet flight back to Gatwick from Amsterdam certainly worked for us a couple of weeks ago. On bag drop-off (aka check-in) we were immediately offered an earlier departing flight, saving us an hour, and we got the 3 front seats together and de-planed first at Gatwick. No scrambling for us ! No boring waiting either.

We thus caught an earlier train to home, whereas the original flight was very tight for our train connection. All in all most satisfactory. EasyJet : 10/10. MSE 10/10 too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback