Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...which simply means that you will eventually receive a bill from the administrators, or whoever takes over the assets: the debt will not be written off.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    ...which simply means that you will eventually receive a bill from the administrators, or whoever takes over the assets: the debt will not be written off.

You are assuming that Iresa's chaotic systems even have a record of my debt. I'm happy to pay my final bill when it is presented but won't be surprised if I never receive it either from Iresa or the administrators when they inevitably go out of business.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still no record of charges for March altho' they have credited interest for end of March. Also my own meter reading of the 31st March is still showing twice, but no estimated readings for the date I changed from Flex 4 to Flex 5.
    Bill should be due on 16th (10th working day I think) - wonder if it'll appear in light f their current "difficulties".
  • MM2002
    MM2002 Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched to AVRO with the actual switch taken place on 27th March. I have credit of £180 on Electricity, and £44 on gas. Currently on hold, number 30 to ask for the refund date. Could be interesting. Thank God for speakerphones eh ;)
  • MM2002
    edited 9 April 2018 at 11:34AM
    Options
    OK, 26 minute hold, not too bad I guess. Very polite chap explained when they get the opening reading from my new company then within 3-5 working days I'll get the refund.
    Ironic that I changed to AVRO due to them having great service according to MSE users. Its them i'm now aiting for and IRESA have been ok on this occasion.
    Still, AVRO works out cheaper for me as well, but only by £40 a year, and as thats an estimation then if it wasnt for the horror stories on here I wouldnt have bothered switching.

On hold now to AVRO lol!! Caller number 28!! So far no difference between the 2 companies
  • MM2002
    Options
    MM2002 wrote: »
    OK, 26 minute hold, not too bad I guess. Very polite chap explained when they get the opening reading from my new company then within 3-5 working days I'll get the refund.
    Ironic that I changed to AVRO due to them having great service according to MSE users. Its them i'm now aiting for and IRESA have been ok on this occasion.
    Still, AVRO works out cheaper for me as well, but only by £40 a year, and as thats an estimation then if it wasnt for the horror stories on here I wouldnt have bothered switching.

On hold now to AVRO lol!! Caller number 28!! So far no difference between the 2 companies

Ok, about the same hold time. After 21 days (next tuesday) Iresa will have the meter readings and issue a refund. Will keep an eye out and report if there is an issue.

Only difference in Cust. Service is the Avro was uk based, and I would think Iresa is India, not that thats a problem, as both were knowledgable and polite.
  • MrSevy
    Options
    I have not received a single response on any emails that I have sent to them (one of these is emails is unresponded for 8 months, they say they respond within 5 days.....). When I call up the number on the website (which isn't listed as a customer service line) I either get a voicemail recording or I am number 25 in the list to be spoken to.

I am trying to close my account as I have tenants moving into my flat and I can't get hold of anyone to do the transfer...... Terrible...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MrSevy wrote: »
    I have not received a single response on any emails that I have sent to them (one of these is emails is unresponded for 8 months, they say they respond within 5 days.....). When I call up the number on the website (which isn't listed as a customer service line) I either get a voicemail recording or I am number 25 in the list to be spoken to.

I am trying to close my account as I have tenants moving into my flat and I can't get hold of anyone to do the transfer...... Terrible...

Contact Citizens Advice. Apparently, its Extra Help Unit has a direct link to Iresa.
  • quiet_advisor
    Options
    MrSevy wrote: »

The provisional order issued by Ofgem requires Iresa to clear long outstanding e-mails by 30 April and deal with more recent mail in 10 working days - the order is here : https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/system/files/docs/2018/03/iresa_provisional_order_27_march_2018.pdf

It also requires Iresa to have a telephone call back facility in place by now - this has not happened either of course.

I suggest as well as contacting CitAdvice send a copy of all outstanding mail to Ofgem at consumeraffairs.gov.uk

I too have left Iresa and can't get a final bill and refund out of them.

QA
  • Grah
    Grah Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Hi all

I cannot post all that has happened to me via Iresa. All the same as you guys upped my DD by 90% took payments out without discussing etc etc. I have tried contacting them as they have blocked my move - I didn't know they could do that, they will not put me on a standard contract but I don't want to be with them. I was up to date with payments but because they won't let me leave, more money is building up again, please help or advice me what to do. I am really at the end of my tether. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure