Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    Mega proud of this- lamb kebab with couscous and garlic sauce from the most recent magazine. I cheated a bit and used ready prepared salad instead of chopping my own, lemon juice from a bottle instead of squeezing them freshly and garlic granules instead of freshly crushing garlic. Made no difference though- it was gorgeous! Feeling pleasantly stuffed now :D
    2wmgfn4.jpg

What is the garlic sauce please?
    Guessing it's yoghurt base, whenever I try to make my own it never tastes right.
    May treat myself to the magazine, not bought one for a few years.

Morning all.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Wow, lots of posts to catch up on. Well done to all that have lost or maintained over Easter. Hugs to those that succumbed to the temptation of the Easter chocolate :EasterBun

Good luck at the hospital today Denise, and take care of yourself Beanie.

Had good scan results last week. I can now start to introduce stuff back in to my diet. Might have over done the chocolate a bit much after over a year with no chocolate :o

Been a busy week with school holiday and hospital appointments for both me and my daughter. Not been eating very healthy, but have been very active so hopefully some damage limitation.

Weigh in tomorrow night, so doing my normal 2 days of being good to try to undo some of the damage.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - couscous salad
    Dinner - Pasta and meatballs

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - cranberry juice (2.5)
    Zebras rock
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Ok, so im too tight to pay slimming world fees but i think that it is a good plan to loosely plan my weight loss with, any tips and easy recipes?
    Todays food is
    Breakfast muesli 40g, handful of grapes, strawberry muller, chia seeds and a chopped banana – is this too much?
    Lunch: savoury rice, sweetcorn and chicken
    Dinner: sticky chicken, stirfry veg and boiled rice

I haven’t worked out any snacks yet?!

Help!
    :money:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    klew356 wrote: »
    Ok, so im too tight to pay slimming world fees but i think that it is a good plan to loosely plan my weight loss with, any tips and easy recipes?
    Todays food is
    Breakfast muesli 40g, handful of grapes, strawberry muller, chia seeds and a chopped banana – is this too much?
    Lunch: savoury rice, sweetcorn and chicken
    Dinner: sticky chicken, stirfry veg and boiled rice

I haven’t worked out any snacks yet?!

Help!
    :money:

Welcome klew to the thread.

Your breakfast definitely isn't too much if that is how much you need to eat in order to feel full up, however you haven't got any Speed fruit in there. Both grapes and bananas are Free foods but not Speed foods. You should change the fruit to berries, apples, pears, oranges etc. Also you would need to syn the chia seeds or the museli (not all museli's are Healthy Extra B (HEB) choices so I would syn that for 6 syns). The chia seeds would then be your HEB.

You also need some Speed foods with your lunch, perhaps a salad.

Your evening meal is good.

You need a Health Extra A (HEA) which is your calcium element milk or cheese. If you let us know what you're having we can advise how much.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    tweets wrote: »
    Thank you :)

I not on school holidays :( went back Tuesday after having a week off

Wow! That was an early return from Easter. Schools round here don't go back for another week.
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Had good scan results last week. I can now start to introduce stuff back in to my diet. Might have over done the chocolate a bit much after over a year with no chocolate :o

That's brilliant news kathrynha. Delighted for you!:T

Hope the hospital appointment goes well denise.:)

Welcome kiew.:) How much do you know about SW? Have you done it before? Do you have any books?

This is a great thread so do ask any questions you like. What sort of meals do you like to eat? Lots of ordinary recipes can so easily be adapted to make them SW friendly. Sometimes it's just a case of using Frylight instead of oil. Lists of Speed food (most fruit and veg) and other tips are in the early posts of the thread.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, scrambled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold meat, fried veg, pickles
    D: salmon, SW chips, stir fried veg
    Syns: HP sauce 1
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Whooop :) Thanks guys

Another 1lb off for this week please. It's actually 1.something but I've decided I'm only dealing in full pounds.

I'm delighted with that considering it was star week and champion's league quarter final week.

Rolling on and aiming for 2 this week.

B - Overnight granola (HEXB) and two slices of bacon with the fat cut off. Top Boy is finally home from his dad's and needed a bacon sandwich and I wasn't making it without having a bit myself.

D - Ham salad and a weight watchers yogurt.

T - Not sure yet. Maybe beef stew, maybe SW fish and chips, going to Asda with Top Baby shortly.

HEXA will be milk in the day.

1.5 syns for an Options. Saving the rest for a couple of Coors Lights during tomorrow's game.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    curl_girl wrote: »
    What is the garlic sauce please?
    Guessing it's yoghurt base, whenever I try to make my own it never tastes right.
    May treat myself to the magazine, not bought one for a few years.

Morning all.

It is a yogurt base :) fat free natural Greek yoghurt (I used Total 0.0) with garlic mixed in and a bit of salt and pepper. I literally just shook some garlic granules into the yoghurt and seasoned it with sea salt and a pinch of black pepper, then mixed it around with a spoon :)

Just running on quickly to report a huge surprise- -1.5lbs

My mum reckons that the naughty food I have eaten has re-booted my metabolism :D either way i’ll take it :rotfl:
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Congratulations Topgirl on being SOTW and thanks Kathrynha / ChrisV for the chart.

Good news btw Kathrynha & fingers crossed denise.

Welcome Klew to the group.

Have decided that I've mucked around for far too long and that I will get to target ...I have the 11th May as my target date as we'll be meeting some people then that we haven't seen in a long time so the mission has started!

Having said that, for the first time ever, I'm consciously going to miss class this week (Can I put be put down for a no weigh this week please?) - we plan on going away in the caravan & whereasI would normally weigh on the Friday, I'm off out on Thursday and will be having a meal out. No alcohol will be drunk (designated driver) though.

However I've decided that I want my 4.5 stone sticker when I weigh a week Saturday so that is my mini challenge.

Not sure what is on the menu tonight but it will be low syn !
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Been to the hospital and had my blood tests done - was up there for over 2 hours, it was horrendously busy today. They've stopped the walk in clinic for ECGs since 1 April so had to go to the Medical Centre next to the hospital and have an appointment for 11.00 tomorrow. So another morning mucked up!

Glad to hear you've had good results for your scan Kathryn.

Today's plan:

B - fry up; 1 slice of bread
    L - 2 pea soup; 1 slice of bread
    D - gammon, new potatoes; beans & mushrooms

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - none planned (need to keep very low syn as over on syns so far this week!)

Denise
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    That's brilliant news kathrynha. Delighted for you!

Hope the hospital appointment goes well denise.

From me too.
    What a plaver Denise.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure