PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

house for sale and no viewings, any advice?

Comments

• sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    £200k is too much for a terraced in Whitefield. I'll be buying next year in the area and will be looking to spend £170k on a three bed semi.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    sheff6107 wrote: »
    £200k is too much for a terraced in Whitefield. I'll be buying next year in the area and will be looking to spend £170k on a three bed semi.

What is this terraced worth IYO?
  • Number 20 is for sale now too, £170K. A mid-terrace so probably wouldn't be worth as much, says there is off road parking (no garage?) at the back

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44759751.html
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    What is this terraced worth IYO?

What someone will pay for it. But you need to be in the same ballpark as what others are asking to get any viewings.
  • sheff6107 wrote: »

Good luck :D
  • demontfort wrote: »
    My only thought is that I hope a fat person never tries to use your downstairs toilet (pic 5).

pic clearly doesn't do it justice as i'm a size 20 lol
  • had another viewing today and will get feedback tomorrow, damn this house selling and buying is stressfull. I wouldn't be in any rush but I have seen the house I want and worried it will get an offer before we do :( Do we have to have accepted an offer on ours before we make an offer on a house, sorry for my ignorance but only bought once and never sold!
  • had another viewing today and will get feedback tomorrow, damn this house selling and buying is stressfull. I wouldn't be in any rush but I have seen the house I want and worried it will get an offer before we do :( Do we have to have accepted an offer on ours before we make an offer on a house, sorry for my ignorance but only bought once and never sold!

Unfortunately yes! You aren't really proceedable at the moment. They may accept an offer but most vendors would continue marketing. Our seller wasn't proceedable or willing to move into rented (told us after 2 months) so we pulled out.

I think the house looks good. The toilet photo should be removed...it looks incredibly small and would put me off. Just leave it off and let them see it at viewings.

Good Luck :)
  • Thanks BB, I know we have to have had an offer in order to make an offer but do we have had to have accepted the offer before making an offer?
  • The Brick wallpaper does the GF toilet no favours as it really closes the space in. I would keep all walls light coloured. Floor to ceiling tile mirrors would give an illusion of space also.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure