Holiday Pay/ Sick Pay

I work 16 hours a week on minimum wage, we don't get any holiday pay or sick pay if we need to take time off we never get paid for it ,we don't get a payslip either just cash we tell boss how much she pays us is this right ??

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    You sound self employed if you set your rates.?
  • Fairenuff
    Fairenuff Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No not self employed according to our boss !!! We all basically work the same hours each week and on our last working day we get paid so I have 16 hours X£7.83 tell her how much she pays us .... I have never worked like this before always had a payslip P60 holiday pay sick pay when I queried this with her she said as we only work 16 hours a week we don't pay tax or N.I we don't get holiday or sick pay ? It just seems odd !
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    She's wrong.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    She is wrong and refusing to issue pay slips is illegal

You are entitled to SSP ( which doesn't kick in for the first three days so a day off sick means you won't get paid)

You are entitled to Holiday Pay

She is right that you don't pay tax or NI, but if she's not registered that you are employed by her, you won't get NI credits towards your pension

A friend of mine was in the same position, she rang HMRC, found out they had no record of her being employed for over a year. Luckily she was paid via bank transfer so could prove she was. HMRC are now investigating the company that employed her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure