PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Two compliments at work both in the first hour which improved my mood significantly.

2. I had found highlighter pens at home in my tidy up which I no longer wanted.I took them into work where they were much appreciated. They are something we are not allowed to buy as cost too much money.

3. Had to attend a meeting, which was almost a complete waste of time, apart from cake.

4. Left almost on time but after my line manager who almost runs out at the correct time after finishing a conversation mid sentence. She is first to start lunch as well but takes more lieu time than anyone else.

5. Flowers still looking good.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Currently on travels at the moment.

Dropped the dogs off at kennels, big hugs from the staff ( for the girls not us :rotfl: ) and settled into their luxury cabin together with tv and sofa. Only under these conditions will I leave my babies!!

Caught train at Peterboring, we had our packed lunch whilst fellow travelers enjoyed dubious offerings from buffet car.

The stunning scenery between Newcastle and Edinburgh, first time had been so far up on the line.

Settled into our holiday apartment and went for stroll to get a few provisions and explore, haven't been to Edinburgh since I was a child and really like the 'feel' of the city.

Glass of wine and lots of travelling meant I fell asleep during QE1's spy master programme and woke up just as they were executing the gunpowder plotters!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 November 2017 at 10:27PM
    Tonight's post brought to you from my sofa! Hurrah! And the delight from my doggy as he found his things again...his sofas, his rug, even his outside furniture ! My bed! Much jumping on and off of things.

Poorly daughter in Australia , waiting to see if she can see GP this morning if not her mummy will be phoning in! She has an exam this afternoon her time and one tomorrow .

Can't remember if I said yesterday but I've decorated my under stairs cupboard and it will be my study nook! May take the door off ? It looks nice and it's not yet finished.

Container arrived at 8.50am and removers were supposed to be there at 9am...they came at 10.45am. Not impressed with their timekeeping but 3 nice , friendly guys . Had to stand in the cold and tick 132 items off list. Last time I stood in the sunshine as it all came off the container.

My DD2 godmother came a visiting and so nice to see her...as we stood in the driveway ticking off boxes ( this should all have been done by then if they'd been on time)

One of my husband's friends ( and mine too but mainly his) came a visiting with a jar of homemade bramble jelly. Lovely to see him too. He's been one of my painter and decorators. He's going to help me next week with the hanging of mirrors and paintings...he's very tall and I'm not so much!

Godmother brought sandwiches and cakes and smoky bacon crisps! She's a star!

My bed is at least all made up so will be sinking into that once I know what's happening with GP.

After a damp start it stayed dry whilst my stuff was being brought in. Saw a beautiful rainbow this afternoon.

Finally found a box with a vase for the flowers I bought RTC yesterday!

Much sobbing at times as I've unwrapped things and also much shaking of head as I realise my clothes are mainly for a warmer climate....pretty summer dresses anyone?

Tomorrow is another day :) much more unpacking to be done. Will take me days to do! And where to put everything! Waaaah!

Night x
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 November 2017 at 2:00AM
    Intrepid. Done.

RAFBF. Roger had one for the flying fish!

Now for BB Kings.

More later

Please support

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. Finished my book on the bus going to work. Lots of traffic and so saved me driving.

2. Remembered to buy milk and only milk and then remembered to bring it home from work after it had been in the fridge all day.

3. Nice atmosphere at work as a couple of people weren't in. Amazing what a difference it makes and someone else shut themselves in an office with the door closed.

4. Did some more painting in the hall. Not much as not much time.

5. Spoke to my sister while she was being force fed marshmallows by her daughter.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Not much sleep for me as DD2 in hospital with her tonsil! On IV fluids and antibiotics . Thank goodness for messenger and being able to keep in touch. DD1 and a friend are with her. My pain doctor friend has been keeping in constant touch too and my Canadian friend works in adjoining hospital and popped in to see her.

Waiting to find out what's going on but she's in the right place and I'm glad that's she's very familiar with hospitals.

Haggis dog slept like a log....a heavy log on my feet!

A friend in need is a friend indeed! Put a shout out last night to see if anyone needed boxes and indeed they do, so they're coming over tonight which gets them out my hair! We shall both be delighted!

It was blooming freezing first thing ..literally and I had to drag all the boxes away from the fronts of radiators where they'd been piled! An incentive to get unpacking as quick as I can!

Have a good day.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,562 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 November 2017 at 10:56AM
    Desktop has switched on for first time in a while.
    Not nice outside, but must prep. for spits, presence and space confirmed.

KK - thought of your 1st year with KW on Sunday and wished you 'happy family' trio+matching allotment:-).

mhags - good news, good sleep, good haggis and dd will be fine. Is icecream still de rigueur post-tonsil removal? None when & asked, over 60 yrs ago [really so many? Yes] but wasn't fussed as not an icecream fan. We sold it in our grocery-dairy anyway.

Enjoy non-sassenach awaydays, lainey. Sounding happy.

Oh, an honesty compels me one>mrs lw - the latex weeping unripe green figs are on the compost. Another time, another year...but
    #
    1. 19 jars deeply festive marmalade done, very St Clements:
    https://craftinvaders.co.uk/seville-orange-marmalade-made-with-frozen-fruit/
    [can't do links from mob, which also is working less and less, even when away from &squat]
    Intrigued by Raspberry and Hibiscus jelly. Grow both.
    https://craftinvaders.co.uk/?s=hibiscus

Was sensible with trebled quanitites and divided the final boilings, meaning Hooray! no overspills. Jam thermometer spot on. Took most of day, but there they are, lined up this morning.

2. Brought laundry in before emporium+fuel late-ish yday. Good timing. 2 big bowls, preserving pan, sieve, all inverted o/n on wrought iron table, wet, but matters not. So little really does.

3. Another thankyou to mcc for this headsup:
    'This follows Friday’s post about the 38 year old woman who died on Thursday following benefit sanctions, imposed because she was in intensive care instead of at an interview.'
    Gave a little, quickly acknowledged. Modest target quickly met.

4. vl - your no.5 made me smile. Glad you've had some work respite.

5. Still learning to sometimes say 'No', guilt-free.
    #
    Stay warm and safe - these basic things - not meant as piety ott.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Still no internet so a quick update. Apologies for any repetition but I can’t remember what I wrote last time...

1) stairs and landing looking good. 3 coats of primer on steps so far.

2) both sons ill this week but in the mend

3) got sacks of horse muck today and put them on the allotment

4) my sister has (bar the shouting) bought her new house!

5) bought some lovely Christmas lights from Homesense which will decorate the new balustrade.
  • Central Park. Done.

Now for a BoP at the Opera.

More later
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    A night at the opera - would make a good album title bop. enjoy
    mhags goodness you poor thing. hope all well with dd2. great to hear you have good friends out there keeping an eye
    my dd2 has a tummy bug :-( she is snuggled up on the sofa with the boys who woke me up this morning at 3:30 desperate to go out. grrrr.
    1) as mhags said, bloomin freezing in scottieland. slipped on ice but the good thing is i didn't go over or rehurt my knee
    2) lunch was leftovers from yesterday's bring and share. think i might just be able to eek tomorrow's lunch as one colleague ill, another on annual leave, another working at home...
    3) made it to my lecture on the picts. having upset someone last week being on my mobile all lecture (i was googling things and places he was mentioning very much in the way she looks up things in the books she brings with her) i took a notepad and pen. I realised i have moved into digital world!
    4) went to an evening lecture, so in between did some work in the computer lab. Taught post grad open day was drawing to a close so unashamedly helped myself to a cup of tea and a bun :P
    5) very blustery walk home. stopped off at chinese and treated myself to a bag of chips. they were lovely and hot and had lots of salt and vinegar on.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure