Capital One PPI waiting for cheque

Options
Hi everyone,

any advice for me?

I wrote to Capital 1 for my Credit Card PPI in dec. They replied 29/01/16 to say I am owed £3,500 and check will follow in 15 days.
2 weeks later still nothing, I rang Capital one but they were not able to tell me anything apart from the fact that cheque was not sent.
I wrote to them to tell me when I can have my cheque, no reply or contact with me made.
That was over 2 week ago.

Has this happened to anyone else? It has been 5 weeks since original letter and no money. I don't know if I should escalate or wait. I am worried if I wait it'll never come!

HelP!! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Did you complain about a credit card account that had defaulted with you still owing a substantial sum? If this was the case, then the Bank can offset any redress against the amount still owing..

Otherwise, they are just being tardy. Keep chasing.
  • robbie45
    robbie45 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    They did mention that they will offset my card balance of £1150 and give me the rest. I will write them another letter, phoning seems to be a waste of time.

thanks for your reply

:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    robbie45 wrote: »
    They did mention that they will offset my card balance of £1150 and give me the rest.
    That probably explains the supposed delay, it won't be the complaint handler who will deal with the off set.
    I'd give them a little more time...
  • robbie45
    robbie45 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    sent letter number 2, it's been a week, no attempt at contacting me at all, totally ignored.

Time to go to the resolve website? It is now been 6 weeks since I received their letter saying a cheque will arrive in 15 days.
  • Jocky148
    Options
    I did the same last year got told in Feb 2018
    They owed me over 5000 and cheque would be sent within 10 days I'm still waiting and after numirous phone calls just keep getting the same reply ie we've sent a message to the department please wait 21 days and if you've not received it phone back.
    So you can asume the same will happen to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure