Historic PPI claim Nat West

About 7 years ago i contacted Nat West bank with a SARs request about a bank loan i had in the early 90s from a bank account i had closed in 1999. They replied with a letter requesting me to go into my branch with a passport to prove who i was. I did this then waited for a reply. They contacted me back with a vague letter with no real confirmation of anything. So i left it at that and thought nothing more of it.
Last month i thought id try again using there online PPi webpage to ask if i had any historic loan accounts that had PPI. The only information i had was a bank account and a sort code.
They replied last week with a letter stating 5 accountcard numbers(only the last 4 digits of each) with my bank sort code all had PPI. All had there start dates and close dates, dated between 1992 and 1998 and each one had the amount of insurance premium paid. They enclosed a claim form and return envelope.

I have now completed an online claim for each of these PPIs on nat wests webpage

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Er good?

Do you need any help with your complaint (not claim) or were you just letting us know?
  • No dont need help just a heads up for all the people that think they cant claim historical PPIs. Which is the general advise that people get given
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    No dont need help just a heads up for all the people that think they cant claim historical PPIs. Which is the general advise that people get given

Err, no it isn't.

The general advise here in MSEland is that there is no historical time limit as such. It is however the case that the longer you go back in time the more likely it is that no records exist.

(Besides, aren't almost all PPI complaints historical.):)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No dont need help just a heads up for all the people that think they cant claim historical PPIs. Which is the general advise that people get given

Err, who is giving that advice? This site, PPI claim firms etc all tell you that you can go back as far as you have records for and can prove miss-sale
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure