No Water Bill, Unknown Supplier

2»

Comments

• robin58 wrote: »
    This might sound stupid but have you looked around for water manhole covers in your area. Sometimes they have the name on them who owns the access.

Good point, I haven't. I'll take a look tomorrow.
  • pineapple wrote: »
    Gosh I'm feeling bad now that I didn't have the septic tank checked when I moved here - I share one with next door. Anyway It's very odd that you can't find who supplies your water. Don't solicitor's searches normally provide this information? My last one did. Anyway I would document your approaches and when you eventually get a bill you can at least expect them to spread the money owing. In the meantime just put some cash to one side. But it does need to be sorted as should there be a problem which is the responsibility of the supplier, you need to know who to go to.
    Just a thought - in the Yorkshire Dales where I lived last, some properties were on a private water supply - such as a spring. But I suppose you would know if that was the case?

We live.close to a canal but I'm sure we don't get our water from here :eek:
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Our closest neighbours - a 75 year old farmer who in all honesty doesn't seem to know what day of week it is, let alone who supplies his water. The other property is empty and our other closest neighbour said they were unsure but would get back to us :o not having much luck!

With the addresses of the two neighbours, ask each of the 3 water companies if they supply water to those addresses .

Anyone contemplating moving into a property is entitled to ask the company about water charges if on RV assessment; or if a meter is fitted.
  • Solved, Facebook messenger - it's Severn Trent, despite me ringing them initially, and being told it wasn't them, it is! Around £22 a month for supplying water, obviously no sewerage or mains drains. Seems quite expensive but hey ho, better than a bill 6 years down the line!
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That's about double what I pay :(
  • It seems high, I think it doesn't include sewerage but I think drains is added on as standard and I have to fill in a form with plans of my drains. Luckily I've got the septic tank and drainage report so I'll fill that in as we have soakaways not public drains. I think it should be half this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure